Spider-Man 2

Abby_TheLastofUs

On 10/20/2023 at 9:31 PM, mega-tallica said:

When the game actually lets you play it, it's pretty fun. 

Not a fan of the long cutscenes and long, drawn out dialogue/walking sequences I've gone through already thus far. It's really excessive and butchers the pacing when half the game has been that so far. I appreciate a good story in a video game but not one that takes the controller out of my hands for such long periods of time for the sake of telling it. 

Uncharted 1-3 and The Last of Us really started that for Sony on PS3, and that is pretty standard for PS4 and PS5. Sony recently confirmed that most of their first-party games will continue to be cutscene and dialogue-heavy. 

Admittedly it can be a pacing issue in the main quest, but there's a lot to explore in Spider-Man 2 where you could go a while without a typical cutscene that's 30 seconds or longer. 

4 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Uncharted 1-3 and The Last of Us really started that for Sony on PS3, and that is pretty standard for PS4 and PS5. Sony recently confirmed that most of their first-party games will continue to be cutscene and dialogue-heavy. 

Admittedly it can be a pacing issue in the main quest, but there's a lot to explore in Spider-Man 2 where you could go a while without a typical cutscene that's 30 seconds or longer. 

Doesn't help that the whole first half of the game is a glorified tutorial. 

Granted, the 2nd half does pick up and makes up for the slow first half. I've always focused on the main story first before tackling any side content in games like this since I know the side stuff is going to be checklist, busy work to do that's not very interesting and this game really is no different there. 

I wish more of the comic suits from the first game like the Last Stand suit, there's too many movie/MCU suits which while some are cool...do we really need the Night Monkey suit lol, just wastes a slot. 

Also wish Venom got more of a personality and I'm still not a fan of the MJ missions, her stun gun could beat Symbiotes that take Peter numerous punches! In Arkham Knight they added character episode DLCs for characters such as Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Jason Todd while leaving the whole main game for Batman alone, I think this would suit better.