Spider-Man 2

Abby_TheLastofUs

2 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

You literally control spider-man. There's no reason to only watch the cutscenes in YT, you're missing the whole gameplay which is amazing.

I got the game day one on PS4 and got bored of watching it. I got the special edition for ps5 when the next game came out as everyone kept saying it's the best game ever. I got bored of it even faster.

I just like to actually play my games. This and Red Dead 2 I bounced off fast as I got bored of waiting to play. Or waiting for the characters to stfu. 

5 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

MJ isn't recast and her model is just more detailed, not necessarily "older" though the character is five years older than in the first game. People age, it happens.

glad to see no sign of playing as her this time, huge improvement, worst part of last game

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Got the controller, but failed to get the covers. Maybe there will be more.

Hopefully there will be more of both because I didn't expect nor know that they'd be made available this soon (not to mention the fact that I'm broke atm lmao).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Hopefully there will be more of both because I didn't expect nor know that they'd be made available this soon (not to mention the fact that I'm broke atm lmao).

The controller was available on other sites. Got mine on Best Buy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

What they can add to make this game any different then the previous ones?

Will see but some things work better as one-offs

Having the Symbiote opens a whole new tree of powers, they've already shown off new gliding mechanics to get around the city which goes hand in hand with the swinging, and now being able to control both Peter and Miles in one game already adds a new dynamic to the gameplay. 

But again, it's a sequels. Sequels don't need to be DIFFERENT, they need to be expanded upon...which looks like this is doing just that. Besides, It's Spider-Man...there's 60 years worth of story there that Insomniac can put their spin on. This was never going to be a one-off especially if Wolverine is going to tie into this and my hunch that Insomniac is starting a shared video game Universe, ends up coming true.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

I never found that to be true.

Even if the first release is better than a sequel, it is better having a sequel for those that want more. 

Of course, those that don't like it can ignore any and all sequels. 

Best of both worlds.

18 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I never found that to be true.

Even if the first release is better than a sequel, it is better having a sequel for those that want more. 

Of course, those that don't like it can ignore any and all sequels. 

Best of both worlds.

Nah sometimes less is more.

In many series fans pretend some instalments just don't exist. 

You wouldn't say that about milked tv series would you? Best media i ever expierienced knew when to finish.

There is reason why people think Assassin's Creed lost something during factory production of sequels while many discontinued series are still praysed.

31 minutes ago, Viper said:

Having the Symbiote opens a whole new tree of powers, they've already shown off new gliding mechanics to get around the city which goes hand in hand with the swinging, and now being able to control both Peter and Miles in one game already adds a new dynamic to the gameplay.

Ok that's interesting.

Also swiching to different hero after trylogy is excelent idea. That can work well

Edited by WiktorM101

Nah sometimes less is more.

Then stop when you feel satisfied. Easy.

You wouldn't say that about milked tv series would you? Best media i ever expierienced knew when to finish.

Good luck with telling me what I would or wouldn't say about any given TV series. I'm up for the carnival game if you want to try it...

There is reason why people think Assassin's Creed lost something during factory production of sequels while many discontinued series are still praysed.

The reason being, opinions exist.

Whatever people you want to cite there will be other people saying the polar opposite(or for your saying something positively vague and open ended.).

Opinions.

Still. Marring the attempt before being able to judge it says all that needs to be said.

4 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

I would be happy even if it was just more of the same. The first game and miles morales was perfect enough and so fun to play that I want more, just having a new story would be enough for me as the story in the first game was really good. It’s just like when a sequel to a movie comes out.

saying that I am still looking forward to the new stuff they are adding 

On 7/28/2023 at 8:08 PM, WiktorM101 said:

they don't need to make it different, they need to make it better, so far:

better traversal - looks like they added it with the extra speed and gliding

more takedown animations/finishers - looks like they added it with the Venom stuff

improved crowd/npc density and AI - to be seen

improved boss battles - to be seen

improved side content - to be seen

• Like 1

Honestly, I have 4 other games I am more interested in over Spiderman 2... (Armored Core 6, MK1, Lies of P and Lords of the Fallen) so I will be likely holding off on this sequel for awhile even though I loved the first and MM.  I may even hold off on MK1 for awhile.  I guess I am just kind of over all the sequels ?‍?

Before anyone mentions AC6 (since it is technically a sequel); there hasn't been a new game in many years, and this is looking to be a huge upgrade to those made in the past.

Edited by shadowTECnology