Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

25 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I think the issue lies more with Sony not allowing any more patches for PS3 or Vita games as to the reason why these games were forced to be shut down. A patch was able to be released just fine for LBP3 on PS4 which is why that version still stays open. I wouldn't put the blame on Sumo Digital or Media Molecule at all, personally.

This^

The ball was entirely in Sony's court and because the patch deadline for the PS3 and Vita was the end of July/August and the costs of fixing everything was considerable, the decision was made to cut them loose and close the servers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

I think the issue lies more with Sony not allowing any more patches for PS3 or Vita games as to the reason why these games were forced to be shut down. A patch was able to be released just fine for LBP3 on PS4 which is why that version still stays open. I wouldn't put the blame on Sumo Digital or Media Molecule at all, personally.

I understand why devs won't release patches in games that are pretty old 

But they are like unable to release a patch cuz Sony Don't allow?

Why this rule or deadline exist in the first place?

I m just curious to understand why Sony would not allow allow studios to not release patches what's the bad part of it?

1 minute ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I understand why devs won't release patches in games that are pretty old 

But they are like unable to release a patch cuz Sony Don't allow?

Why this rule or deadline exist in the first place?

I m just curious to understand why Sony would not allow allow studios to not release patches what's the bad part of it?

Maybe @HuntingFever could go into more detail, but it was more about Sony closing the support for those legacy devices, so they could put all their resources into supporting PS4 and PS5 only. They also stopped allowing new PS3 or Vita games to be released digitally around that date too, so it wasn't just about patches for older games. Any dev or publisher wanting to release a new PS3 or Vita game after that date only had the option of releasing them physically.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Maybe @HuntingFever could go into more detail, but it was more about Sony closing the support for those legacy devices, so they could put all their resources into supporting PS4 and PS5 only. They also stopped allowing new PS3 or Vita games to be released digitally around that date too, so it wasn't just about patches for older games. Any dev or publisher wanting to release a new PS3 or Vita game after that date only had the option of releasing them physically.

I understand what they wanted to do

But it looks "poor" 

Is that expensive or it gives that "work" to let some minor things like patches being released?

They want so desperate to kill vita and ps3 

While a loot of people still enjoy this platforms

At least they listened to us and didn't closed the store 

Edit: it looks like this 

" These platforms doesn't give a minimal amount of money,i don't won anything giving support to it"

But some people still enjoy them

Tobey sony

"Who said that this is my problem?"

I wonder if xbox has this 

Support

Edited by AmazingNoeder

4 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I understand what they wanted to do

But it looks "poor" 

Is that expensive or it gives that "work" to let some minor things like patches being released?

They want so desperate to kill vita and ps3 

While a loot of people still enjoy this platforms

At least they listened to us and didn't closed the store 

Edit: it looks like this 

" These platforms doesn't give a minimal amount of money,i don't won anything giving support to it"

But some people still enjoy them

Tobey sony

"Who said that this is my problem?"

I wonder if xbox has this 

Support

There has to be an end date for a company to support services, they can't continue to do it forever. More often or not it always comes down to whether it's financially viable or not, the amount of people still using these devices usually doesn't factor into it. Sony chose the date they chose to end support for those legacy devices and that was it. Thankfully for us they decided to keep the stores open for those legacy devices, so we still had the option to buy games digitally for them. Sony aren't the only company to do this, Nintendo don't support the Wii any more, and I don't think they still support the Wii U, although I might be wrong. Microsoft has a bit more money than Sony or Nintendo, so they might still be able to support their legacy devices, but I don't actually know if they still do. In the end it doesn't matter what Nintendo or Microsoft do, Sony made their decision based on what's best for Sony.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

There has to be an end date for a company to support services, they can't continue to do it forever. More often or not it always comes down to whether it's financially viable or not, the amount of people still using these devices usually doesn't factor into it. Sony chose the date they chose to end support for those legacy devices and that was it. Thankfully for us they decided to keep the stores open for those legacy devices, so we still had the option to buy games digitally for them. Sony aren't the only company to do this, Nintendo don't support the Wii any more, and I don't think they still support the Wii U, although I might be wrong. Microsoft has a bit more money than Sony or Nintendo, so they might still be able to support their legacy devices, but I don't actually know if they still do. In the end it doesn't matter what Nintendo or Microsoft do, Sony made their decision based on what's best for Sony.

I agree and understand everything you said

Only thing that pisses me of is

We don't gain money 

Your problem that you,our costume is getting fucke#$

Every industry company does this

If Sony is paying a lot and gaining nothing

Ok right thing to do

But is that expensive in cash and work to allow those things?

This is what i think 

Sony always don't giving a fuck about their costumers

34 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I agree and understand everything you said

Only thing that pisses me of is

We don't gain money 

Your problem that you,our costume is getting fucke#$

Every industry company does this

If Sony is paying a lot and gaining nothing

Ok right thing to do

But is that expensive in cash and work to allow those things?

This is what i think 

Sony always don't giving a fuck about their costumers

It is expensive to run legacy servers/services because you need a full squad of experienced devs being responsible for them.

Also old stuff is usually bad documented and poorly implemented, wasting dev precious time.

Moreover, high caliber devs are expensive for companies, so yes it makes total sense to slowly deprecate old platforms.

Sony has the PSN metrics to gauge how many active users they actually have on ps3 and how much revenue is being made, we had 15 years of PS3, that's quite a long support and over the next few years we'll see more and more essential features being turned off.

That's life unfortunately, nothing last forever and nothing is free of cost.

• Like 2

I was thinking here and i guess sony is just like Konami they will not give support to old platform cuz the new ones are better

This is obvious right?

What's the problem, Konami always shutdown pes after 1 year so people will be obligate to buy the new,sony did this way before discontinuing any ps3/vita service

Just think what's the last time that you saw any title of those games in a sale ....

This os disgusting if i m right

"Lets kill this old stuff that people still enjoy not cuz is expensive but because this way we gonna obligate them to spend more money on the new ones"

Is not a matter of being expensive is a matter of gaining more by dismotivating people to play on the cheap platforms

About the topic,lbp servers are dead by this, a simple patch would fix,i would do any ps3/vita online trophy that you want RIGHT NOW,lbp server were suddently off and no one saw it coming ( i believe at least)

So don't wait for a warning to do a ps3/vita online trophy

I got so dam fucke"$* on mk9....

I m dumb on this area this what i think,if i m wrong i would like to see how 

Maybe is expensive and i Don't know

Edited by AmazingNoeder

1 minute ago, EdinhoN said:

It is expensive to run legacy servers/services because you need a full squad of experienced devs being responsible for them.

Also old stuff is usually bad documented and poorly implemented, wasting dev precious time.

Moreover, high caliber devs are expensive for companies, so yes it makes total sense to slowly deprecate old platforms.

Sony has the PSN metrics to gauge how many active users they actually have on ps3 and how much revenue is being made, we had 15 years of PS3, that's quite a long support and over the next few years we'll see more and more essential features being turned off.

Basically this^

The LBP servers were among the longest surviving ones on the PS3, PS4 and Vita so it's amazing they lasted as long as they did but with age, comes increased costs and decreased players so even if they hadn't been hacked, it's unlikely they would have lasted more than another 2-3 years at the absolute maximum, due to the low player count making the servers not financially viable to keep running. The long and the short of it is, these servers weren't long for this world and would have closed sooner rather than later, anyway

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I believe that most of the things i said are wrong seeing by how exactly cash and work is nescessary

I just thought that sony isn't that poor,and ps3/vita aren't that dead

10 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Sony has been wanting to drop support for the vita and ps3 since they got hacked

Ps4 is already hacked for a good time,they didn't allow yet any cfw ps4 runing online or i m wrong?

But vita and ps3 .....

They didn't care much after ps4 being released

Another thing to consider is that all 4 littlebigplanet games shared the same servers for some aspects. And while you couldn't play with lbp 1 players on lbp3(or any other lbp game) any level created in lbp 1 that was still on the servers could be played on later games. They pretty much had to totally rework the servers because sony made it not feasble to fix the ps3/vita titles so if anyone is to blame it was the trolls that caused this mess in the first place. Plus the nature of these games required much more specialized servers so fixing this game is way more complicated then say uncharteds servers since that was content complete while lbp is theoretically getting new content every hour because of all the people publishing levels and stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, ChristSupremacy said:

Welp. I only had 1 DLC online trophy remain! I signed the petition in hope they give a hoot about one of the game series that sold the PS3 very well. No warning or anything, it isn't fair at all and Sony needs to man up with their premium titles.

Most of players and trophy hunters signed petition but probably this will not help, same like for example Transformers games online servers petition. Not worth time and money of Sony to revive old game on sadly dead platform (PS3)

17 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Most of players and trophy hunters signed petition but probably this will not help, same like for example Transformers games online servers petition. Not worth time and money of Sony to revive old game on sadly dead platform (PS3)

Sackboy is one of Sony's Mascots, I don't think Sony give a hoot about 3rd party games but LBP franchise, more likely. Players just have to piss off Sony / Media Molecule so things can continue moving forward.

On 25.03.2022 at 11:10 PM, ChristSupremacy said:

Sackboy is one of Sony's Mascots, I don't think Sony give a hoot about 3rd party games but LBP franchise, more likely. Players just have to piss off Sony / Media Molecule so things can continue moving forward.

Agree but probably most what players can get is LBP trilogy remastered for PS4/5 or LBP 4

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, ChristSupremacy said:

I fully expect, as always, to get off-topic personal attacks for saying this, but:

Having been (and still am) in full support of the petition, the likelihood of actionable change being made as a result is microscopic. I was one of many who spammed the link to change.org on every Twitter post after a point.
Going forward, I plan on voting with my wallet.

• No purchasing MediaMolecule games
    • They are culpable for handing off the franchise without a clear path for Sumo Digital to follow in terms of network concern
  • No purchasing Sumo Digital games
    • As a subsidiary of TenCent, they have little care for their intellectual property; buying up LittleBigPlanet just to own it with no care for the playerbase or existing games sours every experience I'll have with their other titles, and I'm slowly seeing them do this with other IP as well (they semi-recently acquired the free-to-play Prominence Poker and I worry about that games longevity every day tbh)
  • No purchasing or putting playtime on LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4) or Sackboy: A Big Adventure
    • I own every single game in the franchise, bought SaBA before the official shutdown was declared, and have deep nostalgia for many of the popular published levels people made that can be accessed through LBP3, but I don't want it to be recordable in any way that I enjoy the currently supported games given how they will abandon the franchise in its near entirety simply due to what was likely, ultimately, cost cutting

I'm one person. I get it, Whoop-dee doo. "Nothing will come of it", etc. etc. But at least these companies aren't getting anymore money out of me to take away products I've bought from them. I suggest that if you're still upset about this, as I am, that you try and do the same kind of thing, since it's the only action any of us can take at this point.

If I resub to PS+ and they give out games made by any of the above, I'll try them and likely finish them, but I won't be giving directly in any way I have control over.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Moostache7 said:

I fully expect, as always, to get off-topic personal attacks for saying this, but:

Having been (and still am) in full support of the petition, the likelihood of actionable change being made as a result is microscopic. I was one of many who spammed the link to change.org on every Twitter post after a point.
Going forward, I plan on voting with my wallet.

• No purchasing MediaMolecule games
    • They are culpable for handing off the franchise without a clear path for Sumo Digital to follow in terms of network concern
  • No purchasing Sumo Digital games
    • As a subsidiary of TenCent, they have little care for their intellectual property; buying up LittleBigPlanet just to own it with no care for the playerbase or existing games sours every experience I'll have with their other titles, and I'm slowly seeing them do this with other IP as well (they semi-recently acquired the free-to-play Prominence Poker and I worry about that games longevity every day tbh)
  • No purchasing or putting playtime on LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4) or Sackboy: A Big Adventure
    • I own every single game in the franchise, bought SaBA before the official shutdown was declared, and have deep nostalgia for many of the popular published levels people made that can be accessed through LBP3, but I don't want it to be recordable in any way that I enjoy the currently supported games given how they will abandon the franchise in its near entirety simply due to what was likely, ultimately, cost cutting

I'm one person. I get it, Whoop-dee doo. "Nothing will come of it", etc. etc. But at least these companies aren't getting anymore money out of me to take away products I've bought from them. I suggest that if you're still upset about this, as I am, that you try and do the same kind of thing, since it's the only action any of us can take at this point.

If I resub to PS+ and they give out games made by any of the above, I'll try them and likely finish them, but I won't be giving directly in any way I have control over.

Petitions mostly never work and the servers were shutdown a few months back, which means servers will stay down for good. Move on already. And take this bs somewhere else. 

Edited by Mr_Tenno777

1 hour ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

Petitions mostly never work and the servers were shutdown a few months back, which means servers will stay down for good. Move on already. And take this bs somewhere else. 

I agree that the servers won’t be revived. The person you’re responding to acknowledged that too, though. There’s probably a greater chance of consistent fan pressure leading to remasters for 1/2/Karting than the servers coming back online. 

However, although I have little personal stake in this franchise (own the first & third game, haven’t played them yet), I see nothing wrong with anyone voting with their wallets over how the LBP franchise is being treated. Frankly, people have every right to be upset. 

I feel the same (for entirely different reasons) about a franchise that will not be named, although I have previously played several of the games for said franchise (on a PS3 that stopped syncing trophies & various other systems), I highly doubt I will ever play them again, at least not on any online profile, nor will I buy a yet to be released game new (and probably not used either, tbh).

The only thing most companies pay attention to these days is money. Voting with your wallet is, IMO, probably the most significant thing someone can do to promote change. 

• Like 1

Lmfao

Things you can post about in forum threads on PSNP:

• What anime you're watching
  • How p*ssed you are that trophies are too hard (instead of learning what you're doing wrong or asking for help)
  • What Nintendo Switch games you've purchased
  • What games OTHER people should play

Things you can't post about:

• On-topic discussions

Unfollow the thread about a server shutdown and it's consequences if you don't want to see what people think about server shutdowns and their consequences.

In actual, breaking news: it'll will be very, very interesting to see if the new PS+ Premium features include games that have been shutdown, and if as a result they will try to give incentive any developers who can bring those games back online. +700 games is a significant number, it'd be difficult for them to include that many and leave out games like LittleBigPlanet and still have good games that will pull in people on the fence. I personally think the pricing for Premium is completely absurd, they are out of their minds with what they're charging, but if they justified it by saying that this was to fund some kind of sustained online service that can act as an umbrella for legacy software to be supported on, I'd pay even more.

On 29/03/2022 at 0:51 PM, Moostache7 said:

Lmfao

Things you can post about in forum threads on PSNP:

• What anime you're watching
  • How p*ssed you are that trophies are too hard (instead of learning what you're doing wrong or asking for help)
  • What Nintendo Switch games you've purchased
  • What games OTHER people should play

Things you can't post about:

• On-topic discussions

Unfollow the thread about a server shutdown and it's consequences if you don't want to see what people think about server shutdowns and their consequences.

In actual, breaking news: it'll will be very, very interesting to see if the new PS+ Premium features include games that have been shutdown, and if as a result they will try to give incentive any developers who can bring those games back online. +700 games is a significant number, it'd be difficult for them to include that many and leave out games like LittleBigPlanet and still have good games that will pull in people on the fence. I personally think the pricing for Premium is completely absurd, they are out of their minds with what they're charging, but if they justified it by saying that this was to fund some kind of sustained online service that can act as an umbrella for legacy software to be supported on, I'd pay even more.

PS+ Deluxe is for me but there won't be PS3 Streaming since the PS5 cannot emulate even though many devs had noted that it can and they aren't doing it because of cash grab and push players more and more into stupid streaming services which few countries have access to. Digital games is bad enough but streaming games is pathetic, anyway if this is a kick in the butt to PS3 devs to get their game running on their new service, considering LBP2 is majority multiplayer (selling point) then maybe there's a slim chance the servers could be coming back, will just have to wait and have patience.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 2:20 AM, ChristSupremacy said:

PS+ Deluxe is for me but there won't be PS3 Streaming since the PS5 cannot emulate even though many devs had noted that it can and they aren't doing it because of cash grab and push players more and more into stupid streaming services which few countries have access to. Digital games is bad enough but streaming games is pathetic, anyway if this is a kick in the butt to PS3 devs to get their game running on their new service, considering LBP2 is majority multiplayer (selling point) then maybe there's a slim chance the servers could be coming back, will just have to wait and have patience.

I wholeheartedly agree that streaming services and subscription payment models are awful. They're incredibly predatory and in the long run will only lead to more dependence on online services (all of which are ultimately temporary) to play our games.

I just can't see them stocking +700 games for Premium if it's just the PS Now catalogue with some PSP and PS1 titles. A quick Google search says that PS Now currently has ~300 games. That means that 400 more games are going to be included. Even if they included every single PSP Minis title, every PS1 Classic that has been made available on the PS3 and PSP, AND they added the PS2 Classics from the PS3's store (a very small category, admittedly), they wouldn't even come close to scratching 500.

If they did something like added games that still had their original User Interface (as in, Menus still include the option to access Infrastructure and Ad Hoc online modes in the case of PSP games), but rendered them unusable due to being essentially a streamed port of these titles, that is going to look incredibly silly and foolish and they will see loads of people tearing the service apart for it.

7 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

I wholeheartedly agree that streaming services and subscription payment models are awful. They're incredibly predatory and in the long run will only lead to more dependence on online services (all of which are ultimately temporary) to play our games.

I just can't see them stocking +700 games for Premium if it's just the PS Now catalogue with some PSP and PS1 titles. A quick Google search says that PS Now currently has ~300 games. That means that 400 more games are going to be included. Even if they included every single PSP Minis title, every PS1 Classic that has been made available on the PS3 and PSP, AND they added the PS2 Classics from the PS3's store (a very small category, admittedly), they wouldn't even come close to scratching 500.

If they did something like added games that still had their original User Interface (as in, Menus still include the option to access Infrastructure and Ad Hoc online modes in the case of PSP games), but rendered them unusable due to being essentially a streamed port of these titles, that is going to look incredibly silly and foolish and they will see loads of people tearing the service apart for it.

Do older players comprimise to the current standard of digital games? Regarding trophy hunting, digital is the best way.
If I was born into the digital gaming era then I could see myself being in favor for it knowing nothing else. Being older the physical copies always have some sentimental value and you cannot sell your digital games to anyone either. I'd be happy to just have a service like the switch does where you can just get the online feature so you can play with friends without paying insane amounts of additional stuff we never asked for.

I know it's not likely for the LBP2 servers to come back but deep down inside, sony knows that LBP series made them huge to who they are today. At least make this P2P Sony then the servers will never die!