Destructor-8's Ultimate Racing Challenge

Destructor-8

11 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Lacac1e.png

The new Trackmania got released so updated the first post as I'll give this a try & chip away at it over the coming months.

Give me a shout on here or .org on how the console version plays. Probably won't get to it for a while on my end but enjoy it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey nice progress!

At the moment I still feel like this game is much easier than Turbo though but maybe I’ve done just the easy author medals. ?

I mean these author times are not nearly as strict as in Turbo. I managed to grab 17/25 in the current campaign without much effort although I did skip the one in your video as I didn’t fully understand what to do, so nicely done. I did grab a author medal on a black track which would be impossible for me on Turbo.

Good luck with the campaigns!

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Hey nice progress!

At the moment I still feel like this game is much easier than Turbo though but maybe I’ve done just the easy author medals. 1f605.png

I mean these author times are not nearly as strict as in Turbo. I managed to grab 17/25 in the current campaign without much effort although I did skip the one in your video as I didn’t fully understand what to do, so nicely done. I did grab a author medal on a black track which would be impossible for me on Turbo.

Good luck with the campaigns!

Thanks, yeah so far I feel like I've put in more effort into this but it might be to do with the amount that's required rather than peak difficulty as most have taken about the same time. I did a few author medals which I really should have skipped including the one I posted & the one I'm currently on. I just can't seem to get this final corner but put in too much time to move on. I'm hoping progress picks up when I get to the earlier campaigns as I found going back to author medals didn't take too long to finish up. There are a few others that have a mixed opinion on this so not really sure now lol. I saw you got the royal black section done, still need to get back to it as that's going to be shit lol.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

I saw you got the royal black section done, still need to get back to it as that's going to be shit lol.

Hey if want to team up let me know. I like playing Royal. And at least you won’t be a solo team that could cost you some precious bonus seconds. 

36 minutes ago, Baker said:

And at least you won’t be a solo team that could cost you some precious bonus seconds. 

Nothing more frustrating... I had to solo Super Royal one day - got to the last 4, but the lack of bonus time cost me a finish.

Also, @Destructor-8, do you need club access to use the streamer keys for ghosts?

• Like 1

I'm going to start skipping some of these & not get too committed especially as I need to note down which ones to skip for a list for the site. There's a few that I really shouldn't have put time into but I just had to get done.

I spent 6-7hrs on this one & couldn't seem to get the final corner at all. It was absolutely ridiculous how consistent I had to get & I'm making this a lot harder than it needs to be.

2 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Great progress my dude! The track 18 looked tight as hell - you beat your last PB by only a hair it seems, good stuff. I might have asked you this question a while ago but since you've put more hours into the game now, is it more fun than Turbo in your opinion?

Thanks dude! Yeah I'm enjoying it more since there's a feel for perfection at times to get some of the times however some of the ones I've been doing probably weren't worth it.

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Hey if want to team up let me know. I like playing Royal. And at least you won’t be a solo team that could cost you some precious bonus seconds. 

That sounds good. I haven't thought about royal mode for awhile now so would be good to have a shot at it again.

1 hour ago, maxfighter23___ said:

good progress just keep it up and never give up 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, barra333 said:

Nothing more frustrating... I had to solo Super Royal one day - got to the last 4, but the lack of bonus time cost me a finish.

Also, @Destructor-8, do you need club access to use the streamer keys for ghosts?

I just have the standard so you don't need club access for it.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Baker said:

Congrats!

I still can’t believe you find this harder than Turbo.. 

Cheers, glad it's done lol. Yeah personally I just feel so much more drained after this mainly with the amount I did although there were a lot of medals that I could have moved on from, which some took longer to get than almost everything in Turbo did. There were quite a few times that were so tight that it sometimes was really frustrating but there's a huge chunk which didn't take long at all. I think this felt similar to something like GT Sport where once you make a bit of progress, it stays the same throughout whilst with Turbo it was constantly up & down, all over the place lol. I don't think it's objectively tougher, although I think the campaign medals will get more affected down the line than the TOTD stuff.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

Cheers, glad it's done lol. Yeah personally I just feel so much more drained after this mainly with the amount I did although there were a lot of medals that I could have moved on from, which some took longer to get than almost everything in Turbo did. There were quite a few times that were so tight that it sometimes was really frustrating but there's a huge chunk which didn't take long at all. I think this felt similar to something like GT Sport where once you make a bit of progress, it stays the same throughout whilst with Turbo it was constantly up & down, all over the place lol. I don't think it's objectively tougher, although I think the campaign medals will get more affected down the line than the TOTD stuff.

I understand what you mean as I also did a handful of Author Medals that I thought were very strict. But none took me longer than 2 hours. And ofcourse I could have just skipped them if I wanted as there is so much leeway. But when I was really close to the Author time and knew I could get it I wanted to get it too. 

Current progress:

Summer 2020: 24/25

Spring 2023: 17/25

Summer: 2023: 17/25

And all white track throughout all campaigns. +50

I’m doing green and blue tracks now and after that I should already be done. In fact I can skip a couple already..

• Like 1

On 11/07/2023 at 11:49 AM, Baker said:

I understand what you mean as I also did a handful of Author Medals that I thought were very strict. But none took me longer than 2 hours. And ofcourse I could have just skipped them if I wanted as there is so much leeway. But when I was really close to the Author time and knew I could get it I wanted to get it too. 

Current progress:

Summer 2020: 24/25

Spring 2023: 17/25

Summer: 2023: 17/25

And all white track throughout all campaigns. +50

I’m doing green and blue tracks now and after that I should already be done. In fact I can skip a couple already..

Yeah that makes sense & saw you made quite a lot of progress. There's quite a lot of blue & red tracks in some of the middle seasons that don't take long. I've noticed it's the odd one here or there that spikes quite high.

kyULz7g.jpg

I'll post this here in case it might be useful. There's some I'll go back to but after a few seasons there will be so much leeway with this that I realised over the last few days.

TwW0SkI.jpg

Updated.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yooooooooo!!!

You are undoubtedly the king of hardcore racing trophy hunters! Lots of insane achievements.

Looking forward to see what you hit up next dude!

• Like 1