Master Difficulty = Huge spike

poisonblood

On 2021-12-28 at 1:50 PM, primalentir said:

I beat her here in Master difficulty. It took me about 10/15 times turn learn her partern and don't die.

It's about dodge at the end, it's a bit longer and you do the same thing over and over, do not jump so you can dodge her. Go right or left.

I already beat the Mask Maker since (at my 3rd try).

Yea eventually got her but took tons of tried and hours later.  Now just have Rot God left and not looking forward  to that long ass battle of dying over and over again. 

Edited by leprekon666

10 hours ago, leprekon666 said:

Yea eventually got her but took tons of tried and hours later.  Now just have Rot God left and not looking forward  to that long ass battle of dying over and over again. 

Yeah, me too. Only the Rot God left. I did twice at the end. But I didn't have enough action. I was at the end twice. Just one action. I can beat it, I'm to stress now so I quit. Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow. It's not hard, but the camera is really close and I miss the Rot God attack sometimes.

1 hour ago, primalentir said:

Yeah, me too. Only the Rot God left. I did twice at the end. But I didn't have enough action. I was at the end twice. Just one action. I can beat it, I'm to stress now so I quit. Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow. It's not hard, but the camera is really close and I miss the Rot God attack sometimes.

Found a post in there about using a rock to camp out.  I just have issues with the wood knight and my health. 

3 hours ago, primalentir said:

Ok I did, got the platinium. I was like, I'm trying for 1 hour more and will see. Did it the 3rd times (took me 7 tries). It was hard.

At the end I was sure to win cause I had almost all my life and 2 actions points left.

Here my game :

1 hour ago, leprekon666 said:

Found a post in there about using a rock to camp out.  I just have issues with the wood knight and my health. 

Yes it's the worst part. For me, if I win and my life is half way it's ok. Otherwise, I was based my skills on hope and luck ^^

On 2021-12-30 at 1:16 PM, primalentir said:

Ok I did, got the platinium. I was like, I'm trying for 1 hour more and will see. Did it the 3rd times (took me 7 tries). It was hard.

At the end I was sure to win cause I had almost all my life and 2 actions points left.

Here my game :

Yes it's the worst part. For me, if I win and my life is half way it's ok. Otherwise, I was based my skills on hope and luck ^^

Yea I finally finished the game.  It was mostly luck and trying to not die haha. 

Had an absolute blast with this game. Finished my 100% playthrough on normal difficulty and for the most part, found that more challenging than master. By the time I got to the hardest difficulty, my parrying was competent, I knew what upgrades to purchase first, had a good understanding of the bosses and their tactics, so any difficulty spike was essentially offset by my knowledge of the game.

The final boss did frustrate me a little bit though. Kept dying on the third stage but that was mostly due to my own impatience. Once I made an error, I’d compound it by making another error and before you know it you’re back at the beginning. 

Highly recommend at least giving it a go - hope there’s a sequel in years to come.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:48 PM, WhosBroden16 said:

Had an absolute blast with this game. Finished my 100% playthrough on normal difficulty and for the most part, found that more challenging than master. By the time I got to the hardest difficulty, my parrying was competent, I knew what upgrades to purchase first, had a good understanding of the bosses and their tactics, so any difficulty spike was essentially offset by my knowledge of the game.

The final boss did frustrate me a little bit though. Kept dying on the third stage but that was mostly due to my own impatience. Once I made an error, I’d compound it by making another error and before you know it you’re back at the beginning. 

Highly recommend at least giving it a go - hope there’s a sequel in years to come.

I'm currently doing my first playthrough on Hard(3rd difficulty) to make my jump to master even less of an issue, do u or anyone else know how much of a jump it is from hard to master? I am not having much of an issue..corrupted Taro was a challenge for sure and some of the other guardian type bosses hit hard but every time I parry I feel like I can dominate a mini boss or boss because I just constantly interrupt them with rot and get free hits. 

This is prob easier because I am collecting everything I come across so I have a lot of skill upgrades. I guess on master I'll grab most rot and all meditation spots and look for every karma spot I can and it should be okay? I know some of the other bosses r insane too so guess I'll see haha.

12 hours ago, Kal-El457 said:

I'm currently doing my first playthrough on Hard(3rd difficulty) to make my jump to master even less of an issue, do u or anyone else know how much of a jump it is from hard to master? I am not having much of an issue..corrupted Taro was a challenge for sure and some of the other guardian type bosses hit hard but every time I parry I feel like I can dominate a mini boss or boss because I just constantly interrupt them with rot and get free hits. 

This is prob easier because I am collecting everything I come across so I have a lot of skill upgrades. I guess on master I'll grab most rot and all meditation spots and look for every karma spot I can and it should be okay? I know some of the other bosses r insane too so guess I'll see haha.

I never played it on hard but I can imagine that the jump to master spirit guide would be marginal. Most enemies will take two hits with a fully charged bow attack instead of one though, for instance. The biggest thing is that on the hardest difficulty you’ll lose a small percentage of your courage each time you take damage. It sounds worse than it is - you can make it back with 2-3 timely hits.

I definitely recommend collecting at least 65 rot so that you have four courage meters, rest at all the meditation points to increase your health, and invest in rot hammer as early as possible as it’s going to be a life saver in many a difficult battle. Honestly, if you jump straight in after your hard playthrough, you’ll already be so familiar with the game and it’s bosses that master spirit guide won’t feel anywhere near as daunting. 

Edited by WhosBroden16
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, WhosBroden16 said:

I never played it on hard but I can imagine that the jump to master spirit guide would be marginal. Most enemies will take two hits with a fully charged bow attack instead of one though, for instance. The biggest thing is that on the hardest difficulty you’ll lose a small percentage of your courage each time you take damage. It sounds worse than it is - you can make it back with 2-3 timely hits.

I definitely recommend collecting at least 65 rot so that you have four courage meters, rest at all the meditation points to increase your health, and invest in rot hammer as early as possible as it’s going to be a life saver in many a difficult battle. Honestly, if you jump straight in after your hard playthrough, you’ll already be so familiar with the game and it’s bosses that master spirit guide won’t feel anywhere near as daunting. 

cool yea its as I expected. Will see how it goes...about to beat the game then start master.

So..an update for anyone reading.

I was able to blast through Master difficulty. Toshi was ruthless but once I figured a strategy to beat him, it was over. Screenshot below. It took me around 9hrs to do Master based on my PS5 Playtime but there is some idle time and I did have a lot of bad luck on the Rot God in the final phase with my positioning...I couldn't get the square prompt even when jumping because of the angle I was at I guess and it was the last rod that needed to be removed everytime is whats annoying so that took me a few extra runs...

All in all it was fun...for some I imagine this is something that will demoralize but it's all about timing and looking at those openings..Its a shame this game had a glitch for getting the master difficulty trophy, i'd have loved to see the legitimate plat percentage without it.

Kena is an amazing title and Master difficulty for sure is tough but I found certain tactics just allow you to destroy the encounters, every enemy has a specific way to "cheese" them so u can really blast through the game. I grabbed important collectibles early just for upgrades/rot action then i ignored all except meditation shrines and just rushed the objective. 

rYLUh2F.jpg

I'm playing Master Difficulty now, and I'm not sure I necessarily agree that the spike is all that huge.... not because Master isn't tough - I think it is - but because I actually through the game was pretty tough on Normal as well!

There have been a few encounters so far that have taken a few more tries than they did the first time round, but most bosses took several tries even on Normal, and the tactics to beat them don't feel much different on Master.

There's a little less chance to recover if you mess up, but in most bosses, I found, even on Normal, any mistake was severely punished, and in most bosses, you really needed to be killing them without taking more than hit or two even then, so Master isn't a massive difference... so far at least!

I'm only half way through now, so I might be signing a different tune when I hit Toshi or the Rot God, of course... we'll see ? 

• Like 1

I just finished my playthrough and didn't find it too tough. Played the easiest difficulty on my initial playthrough btw. I found it tough initially but once I learnt the tricks and methods for each enemy it was good fun. Most bosses can be beaten without much trouble if you follow a YouTube guide. The likes of Bloodborne I found much, much harder. Great game!

Kena: Bridge Of Spirits offered an unexpected challenge. Courage being lost when taking damage only increases the difficulty more without considering the fact that enemies are even more aggressive and deal even more damage.

I won't ever play the PlayStation 4 version of the game on my account without the ability to earn the trophy for completing the game on master difficulty by either using another exploit or migrating save games. The game requires too much out of a person for it to be worthwhile.

Unlike other games such as Resident Evil 8: Village, unfortunately, the difficulty wasn't being exaggerated by others.

Edited by notandrebraun

1 hour ago, notandrebraun said:

However, I won't ever play Kena: Bridge Of Spirits for the PlayStation 4 on my account without the ability to earn the trophy by either using another exploit or migrating save games.

You can use the proxy server to download a 1.0 ps4 version on your ps5.  I've considered it, but I've got a big enough backlog that I'll get to it eventually. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 2:14 PM, damcrac5 said:

You can use the proxy server to download a 1.0 ps4 version on your ps5.  I've considered it, but I've got a big enough backlog that I'll get to it eventually. 

Really? How do you change the version of a game?

Edited by notandrebraun

Personally going through the actual Master playthrough myself right now. Didn't want to glitch or cheese the trophy because I figured it'd be a nice challenge. Just beat the corrupted woodsmith and while it can be hard at times, once getting a strategy down and learning from mistakes it seems pretty doable. Don't mind the dying over and over again because once you finally beat the part you're stuck on, rewarding. Will post again once I've finally beat it and got the platinum. Good luck to everyone actually playing through it!

• Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 7:47 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I don't get the praise for this game. I think a lot of people got this for it's graphical style, and that it somehow has the Ratchet & Clank feel to it.

Also the people saying this is too hard. Must not of played too many hard games then.

how to say "i didnt play the game" without saying it :D

• Like 2

I finished my Master playthrough over the weekend, and found it pretty tough, though I stand by what I said before - I don't think it's a massive step up from "Normal", as Normal was no cake-walk either!

I found The Corrupted Woodsmith to be by far the hardest fight on Master - once you are through that one, the rest are tough, but not quite as unforgiving, IMO. 

The final boss is basically exactly the same on Master as it is on Normal - because you lose your Rot and only get it back in increments, and because it's a purely mechanical, tactical fight, there isn't really anything he does differently, and he hits so hard in Normal, that really I ended up dying just as many times on Normal as I did on Master!

Finished Master playthrough recently too. Found the earlier bosses/minion battles the toughest. After around the Stone Guardian or the two mages, because we have more abilities and upgrades, things seemed to be a bit easier in general after that. A NG+ would make sense and help make the first half of the game more accessible.

Though all the bosses seemed to be far more doable with practice, and learning their moves, etc.