Trophy Thoughts/Game thoughts?

Have the PS5 physical ordered but we have to wait a few more days for those. I had fun with some of the early versions, I'm sure it's a lot better now. One cool thing is you can play as a few different critters, not just mammals. The list doesn't look bad but a lot depends on how difficult the Hard mode is and there's a grindy one or two. I could do without the collectibles. They're kind of out of place in this playable 'nature documentary'.

I don't have a console code to give away but here's one for the Steam version. Had an extra from the Kickstarter.

PC (Steam) EF0NR-YHKW7-0EKW6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

Have the PS5 physical ordered but we have to wait a few more days for those. I had fun with some of the early versions, I'm sure it's a lot better now. One cool thing is you can play as a few different critters, not just mammals. The list doesn't look bad but a lot depends on how difficult the Hard mode is and there's a grindy one or two. I could do without the collectibles. They're kind of out of place in this playable 'nature documentary'.

I don't have a console code to give away but here's one for the Steam version. Had an extra from the Kickstarter.

PC (Steam) EF0NR-YHKW7-0EKW6

Thank you, key redeemed.

The game is pretty much unplayable in the current state. I had two different game breaking Bugs and i wont start a third run before some patches arrive. 

The first Bug, after several hours of gameplay, didnt let me continue the Story. After doing a side mission, when pressing "return to story" i spawn at the side mission again. No matter what i do. 

Started a second playthrough on hard, where i didnt wanted to do any sidequest and just rush the story. After gliding into the deadly bushes my savegame got corrupted and won't load. 

Overall the game feels more like a alpha version which never got testet by the developer. Progression in skill trees does not always track correctly. Sometimes you're respawning under water, instantly drowning over and over again. Sometimes the UI completly vanishes, Sometimes you're unable to interact with the environment. 

I really hope this game gets some patches soon, because this game has potential and would be pretty neat without all the bugs. 

• Like 3

I also had some bugs and stuff that made the game annoying. Still this was the saddest game i've ever played. Maybe because i have pet sugar gliders. But still this game almost made me cry. only game i've ever played that's done that before so it was a great game. Damn creators making me feel.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It seems like you do have to do another playthrough for Easy.  Hard mode was disabled soon after launch because the game was unstable but like you I was able to get the hard mode trophy through a glitch after the black mamba fight.  The developers haven't said anything about fixing it so Easy mode unlocks when you play on a harder difficulty and in fact are still trying to fix other issues with the game, like collectibles registering, so who knows if they even care about stacking difficulty trophies.

For what it's worth it sounds like those who did another playthrough on Easy did have that trophy unlock correctly, as far as I know.

Edited by SolidDiablo

42 minutes ago, SolidDiablo said:

It seems like you do have to do another playthrough for Easy.  Hard mode was disabled soon after launch because the game was unstable but like you I was able to get the hard mode trophy through a glitch after the black mamba fight.  The developers haven't said anything about fixing it so Easy mode unlocks when you play on a harder difficulty and in fact are still trying to fix other issues with the game, like collectibles registering, so who knows if they even care about stacking difficulty trophies.

For what it's worth it sounds like those who did another playthrough on Easy did have that trophy unlock correctly, as far as I know.

They have a lot to fix.

Combat for bosses doesn't work right. It gave me the QTE indicator but then the button mash sequence would not trigger and I'd go flying over the boss into the bushes.

Jumping is awful, even with the targeting button the indicator is very temperamental and won't show up like half the time.

For exploration mode, you can't posses spiders or scorpions regularly because they're always aggressive and will attack the fungal spore regardless of if it's controlling an animal or not. This effects soul rider because you need the rare colored spider and scorpion as well as the regular ones.

Stealth sections should be cut entirely, the stealth system is incredibly bad, and not only that the indicator that you've been spotted (which is just a flashing screen) gives no real time to adjust(you could be dead within the first flash or be killed 10 flashes in) you can't see the enemies on the map while you're moving like a metal gear game they're not in your line of sight at all. Not only that even if you out maneuver the enemies they'll glitch up into the trees to kill you.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

The story has its moments but yeah on a technical level it's rough.  You have to go in knowing that it's not going to be a smooth, polished AAA experience.  It's more like a rough indie early access game you'd find on Steam.  I don't know how much they can really do to fix/add to it.

17 hours ago, SolidDiablo said:

The story has its moments but yeah on a technical level it's rough.  You have to go in knowing that it's not going to be a smooth, polished AAA experience.  It's more like a rough indie early access game you'd find on Steam.  I don't know how much they can really do to fix/add to it.

They should have cut the sugar glider part entirely and have the game be an open world Space Station Silicon Valley where you control different animals to solve puzzles and unlock things.

Even if you die as another animal the narrator will still refer to it as the sugar glider.

• Like 1