[FIXED] Can't download/renew any PS Plus redeemed titles. (C0-9250-6) Error.

Null_Spectre

17 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

@Lance_87 Yeah the weird expiry dates is a new issue cropping up also on both PS3 and Vita purchases that have been recently downloaded.

Thinking of investing in long term storage solutions for my PS3 and Vita purchased content, I've no issues downloading purchased content but that could easily change.

? why don't they just live in peace.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

I've tried again today, on PS3. I'm still getting issues, i tried with a random game (Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood), and it downloaded after several attempts. The error code was 80029780. So yeah, if it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. Not sure about Vita though.

Edited by Lance_87

Just tested "Killzone" Mercenary", MGS HD Collection" and "Gravity Rush". I have all those from PS+.

I can download them and start with no issues.

Stupid question (like from Sony's support :D), no clue if this has anything to the problem: Do you have active 2steps verification? I do not have, but I heard that it causes a lot of issues, especially for transferring downloaded PSV games from PS3 to PSV.

Edited by Smashero

The issue is happening with non-Plus content, too, at least on PS3. I've tried to download several dynamic themes, it took several attempts, but in some cases, they worked immediatly. This is ridiculous.

I re-enabled 2FA months ago, because i had to disable it some time before as it didn't let me download Vita content AT ALL. But then i never got issues.

Edited by Lance_87

35 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Stupid question (like from Sony's support :D), no clue if this has anything to the problem: Do you have active 2steps verification? I do not have, but I heard that it causes a lot of issues, especially for transferring downloaded PSV games from PS3 to PSV.

Yeah I do have 2-steps verification on my psn account, but Gravity Rush is a Vita exclusive, so that's weird.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Just tested "Killzone" Mercenary", MGS HD Collection" and "Gravity Rush". I have all those from PS+.

Curious what region are you in Smashero? But yeah all those titles don't work for me. Lucky man that you have had no issues.

I turned 2FA off because it was causing me issues, couldn't access the PS3 store with it on and couldn't transfer Vita content either until it was switched off.

I do recommend a super strong password though as the loss of 2FA puts your account at risk.

Was tempted to turn it back on, see if anything changes but rather here from PS Support first before creating more problems for myself.

Edited by Null_Spectre
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I don't have any issues with ps+ games and yet I have 2 steps verification. :/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Curious what region are you in Smashero? But yeah all those titles don't work for me. Lucky man that you have had no issues.

EU (Poland).

25 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

I do recommend a super strong password though as the loss of 2FA puts your account at risk.

Sure thing :].

9 hours ago, Smashero said:

I had the 2steps verification ON but I deactivated when I couldn't download my PS+ games... still the problem persisted. :(

btw, my account is from EU (Spain) but I live in South America (Chile).

Edited by JorgeSleep
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, doom-monger said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/OfQOPSF

Have you tried downloading ps plus games. Because from what I'm seeing is that if you had your games already installed before the September update for the cmos battery screwed up the expiration dates then your games will work. The problem is not being able to download your ps plus games which gives you an error because the dates are messed up. I think that's why the game licenses are screwed up

Yep, I already tested it. I can play games I already had downloaded and I can download and play any ps+ game. Tried with Geometry Wars 3 and TorqueL. 

EDIT: It's something with expiration dates for sure. Lemmings Touch I had already downloaded says july 21st 2022, just like Super Meat Boy, while TorqueL says july 21st 2023 (!).

Edited by breakXedge

5 hours ago, doom-monger said:

It's 100% an issue caused by the wacky expiration dates on the games. It has to be an aftermath of the "fix" for the ps4 cmos battery thing people were crying about. Whatever Playstation did it screwed with our ps plus games on ps3 and ps vita. Cry babies were whining about something that wouldn't affect anybody anytime soon. Now we're getting screwing because of them ugghhhhhh..... 

If you look here a PS Plus game I installed in August with zero issues has the correct dates and works like it should. This is before that stupid cmos battery update was released. Man who plays ps4 anyway. PS5 can play all ps4 games and people really think they're gonna play on a ps4 in 10 years gtfo

Have you tried downloading ps plus games. Because from what I'm seeing is that if you had your games already installed before the September update for the cmos battery screwed up the expiration dates then your games will work. The problem is not being able to download your ps plus games which gives you an error because the dates are messed up. I think that's why the game licenses are screwed up

I kinda doubt it's related given the CMOS update with a firmware related one. I'm sure it may have changed something server side too, but there's been tons of issues with PS3 and Vita this year long before the 9.00 update on PS4. I think if anything, they changed something server side in preparation for the stores originally closing on those systems, which messed things up somewhere along the line, since it was around that time that a bunch of issues started to surface.

Also I most definitely see myself still playing PS4 in 10 years at least, given backwards compatibility on PS5 is not 100%. I don't think there's much point making a scapegoat here. Sony screwed up somewhere, point the finger at them if you must anything.

I haven't downloaded anything on PS3 and Vita for probably years now, but any PS+ game I start now that's since "expired" gives me the incorrect 2027 expiry date. It seems to be adding another 3 years on top of my current PS+ which already lasts nearly another 3 years. But it seems arbitrary, since some people have only added a month more of PS+ and it's added another extra year on top of that according to the expiry dates on PS3/Vita.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Yep, I already tested it. I can play games I already had downloaded and I can download and play any ps+ game. Tried with Geometry Wars 3 and TorqueL. 

Just confirming that I definitely can't play any ps plus games I had on my memory card for years. They all say expired June 2021 with only my paid purchases that were already on the memory card and my cartridge games working. Unable to download paid purchases and plus though.

Seems to be affecting people differently like how above has 3 extra years showing as expiration etc.

Edited by gforce-92

6 hours ago, doom-monger said:

It's 100% an issue caused by the wacky expiration dates on the games. It has to be an aftermath of the "fix" for the ps4 cmos battery thing people were crying about. Whatever Playstation did it screwed with our ps plus games on ps3 and ps vita. Cry babies were whining about something that wouldn't affect anybody anytime soon. Now we're getting screwing because of them ugghhhhhh..... 

If you look here a PS Plus game I installed in August with zero issues has the correct dates and works like it should. This is before that stupid cmos battery update was released. Man who plays ps4 anyway. PS5 can play all ps4 games and people really think they're gonna play on a ps4 in 10 years gtfo

It has nothing to do with the CMOS update. I've downloaded several PS3 games after the PS4 update.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, doom-monger said:

Unless Sony officially say otherwise you're just spouting pure speculation with no definitive proof or source that the CMOS fix update is the cause.

The CMOS issue was already affecting people, that's how the problem came to light. It would have affected the preservation and playability of these games in the future when servers that the PS4 communicate with would eventually be shutdown.

To add people currently with unstable internet (yes it's still an issue in 2021) were unable to access their games, even physical copies which were affected also by the CMOS issues.

As a "cry baby" who goes back often to play PS1 and PS2 games for nostalgia and the fact that there is "still a lot of gold in them hills" in terms of story, ideas and the precursors of innovation in gaming, I'm glad Sony actually fixed the CMOS issue and didn't ignore it.

Also best check yourself when you say drivel like "Man who plays ps4 anyway. PS5 can play all ps4 games and people really think they're gonna play on a ps4 in 10 years gtfo", not everyone has the means or access to the latest hardware.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, doom-monger said:

You're right I don't have proof but I'm speculating reasons that could have caused the ps plus download error. I'm saying that cmos battery update could be a culprit for the issue because just before then I was able to download my games just fine. I don't play games as much now but between the time I downloaded Roundabout (Ps Plus game) and just a few days ago when I tried to download some other ps plus games, something happened where now I can't even play my freaking ps plus games. And what's that something? Oh yeah the cmos update for the ps4. It's speculation but it's a very high probability that's the cause

I'll admit I don't know much details about what the update for cmos fix entailed because I literally don't care for ps4 anymore. However they definitely changed something on the psn network in addition to any firmware update for the ps4. From what I know the cmos battery problem had to do with your license expiring if the battery died. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now our games have really screwy expiration dates such as a 28,000,000 day expiration date. That's why I've arrived at that conclusion. 

I just think this whole thing is stupid because it's doommongering for an issue that's a non issue as long as Playstation Network servers are up. What's funny is we can't play our ps titles on ps3 and vita and yet barely anyone is ringing the alarm. Lets now worry about the present But hey let's worry about a stupid little battery thing that only affects you if psn servers go down permanently (which is something we don't have to worry about anywhere from 10 to 20 years from now) or if you live in a hut in Timbuktu.

Over it. If they don't restore my licenses for my vita plus titles then I'll accept it. Barely anyone cares about the vita and I had all these years to play them. 

You'll get a ps5 eventually. I understand it's hard to get one right now but even then I doubt you're running into cmos battery issues. I wish you good luck on getting your hands on one. 

The CMOS battery issue on PS4 is that, if your CMOS battery is dead and you're unable to connect to PSN, either because you don't have an internet connection or it's some hypothetical scenario where it's 20+ years in the future or something and PS4s can no longer connect to PSN servers, then you're unable to play anything, physical or digital, due to the system not being able to verify the time/date and licenses. It's a pretty hardware based thing, not really server-side. PS3 has a similar CMOS issue, with digital content anyway.

PS4 firmware 9.00 has been around since, what, mid September? This issue with PS3 and Vita PS+ titles only started cropping up for people around early October, maybe late September. I very much doubt it's related. It's definitely a server side issue, there's been A LOT with PS3 and Vita this year. Again, if I were to speculate anything, it would be something to do with the store closures which never happened, or perhaps something to do with the fact they'll be removing all means to pay for content other than adding money to your wallet via top-up codes or other devices soon.

This issue is not affecting everyone, I'm not affected other than my expiry dates being completely wrong. That may be part of the reason why there's not a load of coverage or discussion about this issue. And to be fair, a 3 page forum thread and a bunch of different posts about the same issue across reddit is pretty impressive for legacy systems like these.

And, even if I was affected, I've already played all the PS+ games I want to play, so it would a minor annoyance at most. I imagine that's the same for many people I'm afraid, many still don't even play PS3 and/or Vita any more. Regardless, hopefully Sony will solve this eventually, and it's definitely worth it to continue to make this issue known via their social media handles.

9 hours ago, N1cktim said:

For me, all the PS+ games expire on 1/1/1 at 1:00.

Yeah the license resets to that time when it attempts to update and throws that annoying code, it's awfully like a default date before it syncs with the license server.

6 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Gave it a test, I can't download any PS+ Vita games either, and the one I already had installed on the Vita (Terraria) wants me to download it again and has the same error code.

Sorry to hear that, I've already contacted support about it and given all the information and a link to this thread. Just a waiting game at this point.