Dev console no longer unlocks trophies?

Taliesin_2943

2 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

Got the Plat yesterday, no issues on my side. Did you disable the cheats? Trophies don't unlock if cheats are enabled.

Yeah i decided to go with the minimal cheats just teleporting and used no cost on the rocket so didn't take too long now I'm just exploring in my free time.  Honestly this game would be so long and hard without the cheats cause it tells you nothing and without a trophy guide you could play for years in between trophies cause of getting lost and not knowing what to do

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 3:13 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Yeah i decided to go with the minimal cheats just teleporting and used no cost on the rocket so didn't take too long now I'm just exploring in my free time.  Honestly this game would be so long and hard without the cheats cause it tells you nothing and without a trophy guide you could play for years in between trophies cause of getting lost and not knowing what to do

Same I got the Plat, then I started a fresh game and tried to play the game normally. It is really time consuming and I can imagine it would take forever to earn the trophies the normal way. I played for about 3 or so hours and then decided to delete it. Not for me really.

I Platted No Man's Sky back in the day and that was a bit of a chore as well, but at least it was a little bit more managable and I understood what I had to do.

3 minutes ago, Detox2033 said:

Sure with your statement, platinum is still obtainable with the quick console commands method? on youtube and other forums many people say, they patched it out. same with the sequel. so whats right??

The Dev Console still works and is in the game but it's finicky when it comes to popping trophies, because certain commands disable them so you have to be care about what you type and when.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Dev Console still works and is in the game but it's finicky when it comes to popping trophies, because certain commands disable them so you have to be care about what you type and when.

I guess the guide here on psnp is still working when I am very aware of the problems?

• 1 month later...

Got it today using a mix of Dev Console + legit play.

Dev Console works, but disable some of the cheats before going for specific trophies (all the "no cost" and "fast growth"/"fast scan" cheats, I don't remember all of them).

And I also recommend saving before transporting to a new area.

• Like 1

On 12.12.2021 at 2:17 AM, flugurnarrr said:

Got it today using a mix of Dev Console + legit play.

Dev Console works, but disable some of the cheats before going for specific trophies (all the "no cost" and "fast growth"/"fast scan" cheats, I don't remember all of them).

And I also recommend saving before transporting to a new area.

Sounds we need a new guide here, for me it's not understandable how I can get platinum with a mix of dev console and legit play, I'm totally not into this game

10 hours ago, Detox2033 said:

Sounds we need a new guide here, for me it's not understandable how I can get platinum with a mix of dev console and legit play, I'm totally not into this game

It's simple: I played for some time, explored a bit on my own but the game started crashing and I got bored, so I decided to use dev console to get it over with. 

Edited by flugurnarrr

• 3 weeks later...

2 trophies do not want to appear to me. I used Dev Console in both ways (L1 + R1 + X) and (L1 + R1 + OPTIONS) and none of them did the trophy appear.

I erased the save into the game, and by the console (saved data storage) and it did not work as well. I did exactly what shows in videos and the trophies do not work literally, does anyone know the solution for it? I'm almost dropping this platinum, a very problematic game.

The trophies in question are "FOLLOW THE DEGASI" and "SEAMONSTERS". I didn't play anymore after that as I didn't want to know a solution for this issue first.

The trophies in this game are very buggy, especially when using the Dev console. If going down the Dev console route, there are certain codes that will disable trophies but even if you don't use the problematic codes, the trophies can still bug out at random. All you can do is delete everything, reinstall the game, save before attempting a trophy then reload and try again if it doesn't pop :(. I had some trophies glitch out on me and it took ages to get them to pop but even now I'm not sure what I did differently.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The trophies in this game are very buggy, especially when using the Dev console. If going down the Dev console route, there are certain codes that will disable trophies but even if you don't use the problematic codes, the trophies can still bug out at random. All you can do is delete everything, reinstall the game, save before attempting a trophy then reload and try again if it doesn't pop :(. I had some trophies glitch out on me and it took ages to get them to pop but even now I'm not sure what I did differently.

I'm going to reinstall the game then, that's just missing. When I noticed a failure, the first time I spent more than 1 hour, repeating the save and doing what was necessary for the trophy to appear and nothing, it was very frustrating, it looks like a roulette wheel and whoever is lucky wins.

I second the first reply about some codes disabling trophies. Before you do the activity for your missing ones be sure to dissable all the cheats like nocost etc. You can get both these 2 trophies using the teleport without activating any other cheats I believe.

52 minutes ago, jpwbjpwb said:

I second the first reply about some codes disabling trophies. Before you do the activity for your missing ones be sure to dissable all the cheats like nocost etc. You can get both these 2 trophies using the teleport without activating any other cheats I believe.

How to disable all codes?

36 minutes ago, WitchHunterDX said:

How to disable all codes?

Either close the game and when you reload they will be disabled, or you have to go through and manually toggle again any that are on. There is no way to know which are on through the menu, but the bobthebuiler cheat activates the all so you could do that and then click through them all to disable afterwards.

you need to have disabled the following:

nocost

fast build

fast scan

fast hatch

fast grow

when you change a setting it will appear in top left for a second, but it vanishes quickly.

This walkthrough details a full run, but the second called disabling all cheats talks about this 

Edited by jpwbjpwb

• 8 months later...

Just an FYI, I've had 2 trophies not pop for me now, I'm about 20 hours into the game and have not even affempted to open that developer menu, nevermind try and use the cheats. Game is 100% glitched. I was enjoying the progression but this is a load of crap. Very frustrating for this to happen. Both trophies are for discovering the Degasi bases and picking up the PDA's in each.

1 hour ago, jasonpresents said:

Just an FYI, I've had 2 trophies not pop for me now, I'm about 20 hours into the game and have not even affempted to open that developer menu, nevermind try and use the cheats. Game is 100% glitched. I was enjoying the progression but this is a load of crap. Very frustrating for this to happen. Both trophies are for discovering the Degasi bases and picking up the PDA's in each.

The location trophies can be finicky you gotta run just the right pixel area to get it to count even when using the cheat menu

• 1 month later...

Did it work for you? Because I remember I tried to plat the game months ago but only got the first trophy that almost everyone gets for just trying to play because there were some problems (for example when I should have got the trophy like the video said, I didn't), also, what version of the game did you use? I'm speaking of PS4 by the way.

I'm asking because I see people thanking the video guide in the comments and then here in the forum I'm reading that the debug mode doesn't work anymore so I'm a bit confused, do I have to install the 1.00 version of the game or what?

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/bxRoJVrzeIc this is the guide I'm talking about

It does still work on the latest patch but you have to be careful what command line codes you use, because some of them disable trophies. This is the most up to date thread on the matter: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/314656-dev-console-exploit-get-the-plat-in-1-3hrs/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1