Obligatory "Trophy Thoughts?" thread

Saxton3234

At a glance the list looks extremely grindy (quite a few "do this that many times" and such). Hopefully nothing is missable, particularly side quests as there's a trophy for completing 60 of them but the description doesn't specify if that's how many there are total. 

It looks grindy, but hopefully nothing too difficult. Deadly Premonition is one of my favorite games and I'm hoping this game can provide a similar flawed, but unique and enjoyable experience. Also I'm hoping that at some point Deadly Premonition 2 can make its way to the Playstation. Even though I have heard that the game isn't as good, nor does it have as much charm as the original game, I still would need to play it to see for myself. Maybe they could do another director's cut like they did with the first game to fix some of the issues.

• Like 1

I've figured out a bit more about the game that did explain some things. All the routes are required to beat the main story, so you don't have to worry about missing them. I originally thought you would have to choose at the beginning which animal you would change into, but it seems that you unlock both transformations, so it looks like you have to worry about being locked out of certain trophies because what animal you pick. Once you complete the story, you are free to do whatever you want, so you should be able to do all the grindy trophies without having to worry about a time limit. Basically the game looks like it will definitely be very grindy, but it doesn't look like anything is missable. I still haven't gotten to try the game yet though as there is a delay in the PS4 digital codes being sent out.

Edited by duboiszack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, duboiszack said:

I've figured out a bit more about the game that did explain some things. All the routes are required to beat the main story, so you don't have to worry about missing them. I originally thought you would have to choose at the beginning which animal you would change into, but it seems that you unlock both transformations, so it looks like you have to worry about being locked out of certain trophies because what animal you pick. Once you complete the story, you are free to do whatever you want, so you should be able to do all the grindy trophies without having to worry about a time limit. Basically the game looks like it will definitely be very grindy, but it doesn't look like anything is missable. I still haven't gotten to try the game yet though as there is a delay in the PS4 digital codes being sent out.

I’m really hoping we’ll get the codes this weekend for PS4. 

On 10/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, duboiszack said:

The codes are for people who backed the game on Kickstarter.

Ah okay, forgot this was a Kickstarter game. Neat neat.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, Toxicmatic- said:

Can anyone confirm the platinum is obtainable ?? I got a free code.. probably like a lot of other people lol may aswell play it 

Free....Code? :D

I got the platinum and it isn't really that bad.

take careful note of all the bins in town that give aluminium cans because you need a lot.

do the third sheep trail for money, keep a quest that marks the blacksmith knight active so you can find him easily.

YEAH BABY

my playtime was 109 hours. 

Edited by spiddel
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

So I’ve just started up this game and realised the majority of the trophies are linked to the shrine quests.

Do you actually have to have the master difficulty for each shrine unlocked for the trophies to pop though? Or if for example I walk 50,000 yards with only ever unlocking easy level at that particular shrine will the trophy still pop? I hope this makes sense.

The reason I’m asking is because I can’t remember which shrines gave me which tasks and also it’s annoying that you have to wait 5 in game days to unlock the next difficulty from a shrine!

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Jimmy947

37 minutes ago, Jimmy947 said:

So I’ve just started up this game and realised the majority of the trophies are linked to the shrine quests.

Do you actually have to have the master difficulty for each shrine unlocked for the trophies to pop though? Or if for example I walk 50,000 yards with only ever unlocking easy level at that particular shrine will the trophy still pop? I hope this makes sense.

The reason I’m asking is because I can’t remember which shrines gave me which tasks and also it’s annoying that you have to wait 5 in game days to unlock the next difficulty from a shrine!

Thanks for any help.

No, the shrines are a bonus if you want to make some quick cash. I used a few to track some of the longer ones, since otherwise there's no way of knowing how much progress you've made exactly. Here's a link to a site which tells you which shrine is linked to which trophy, for the sake of saving time: https://gameplay.tips/guides/the-good-life-shrine-missions-and-100-achievement-guide.html

Oh, one last thing- these challenges don't count towards the sidequests trophy, you'll have to do requests for the townsfolk instead for that one. Hope this helped!

19 hours ago, Alos88 said:

No, the shrines are a bonus if you want to make some quick cash. I used a few to track some of the longer ones, since otherwise there's no way of knowing how much progress you've made exactly. Here's a link to a site which tells you which shrine is linked to which trophy, for the sake of saving time: https://gameplay.tips/guides/the-good-life-shrine-missions-and-100-achievement-guide.html

Oh, one last thing- these challenges don't count towards the sidequests trophy, you'll have to do requests for the townsfolk instead for that one. Hope this helped!

Oh that’s great news! I wasn’t looking forward to backtracking to all these different shrines every 5 days just to start the counter for the trophies. I’m running out of money in game too so can’t afford to be warping to them all the time, I’m making my way around the town mostly by sheep ? ? 

I asked the same question on Reddit and someone there said the opposite though, they said that the trophies only pop once the shrine quest is active. Although apparently the stats rack up in the background, so the trophhy auto pops if you’ve  met the specific requirement prior to activating the (master) quest?!

I obviously hope you’re right and they’re wrong ? the devs have made these trophies annoying as hell ??‍♂️

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated!

Edited by Jimmy947

• 5 months later...

I'm still making my way through the trophy list but after about 45 hours in I realised the 'Resident Chatterbox' trophy should have popped but had not. I saw two people make threads about it elsewhere with no replies to said threads & it bugged for them too.

What I did to sort this out was start a new game, played route A 'till I got a sheep to ride, finished route B (you might not have to finish it, probably only have to play until you talk to Emma/Clay/Charlotte) & started route C. It popped as soon as I talked to the three Whites right after the mission where Norlock gets you to open the gate.

I think what might have bugged it out last time is entering the Whites residence & talking to them before doing that route C mission. I also had a greyed out quest (the panorama shot quest Elizabeth gives you at the start of the game) that I completed this time. It's hard to say because I would do a ton of side quests & exploration before moving on with the story bits. Anyway that was a bit of a bad time but only took a few hours to sort out. I thought it would be nice to leave this info in case any one else encountered the same issue.

Trophy thoughts are mainly revolving around the material grinding, & if it will be as bad or worse than Nier. It reminds me a lot of that so far except there's a money grind to deal with after the crafting is done. I saw they patched the time trials to give less reward so that should be an arduous march. If this wasn't a Swery game I probably wouldn't go for a list like this but it's got to be done. So far I'm really enjoying the game though, feels great being in that world. It's got an incredible Japanese-ps2 feel to it & reminds me of all those cool original titles that would come out before the HD era ruined things for the next generation and that stuff dried up. Dunno if I'll still love it as much 100 hours in but we'll see.