Your Opinions

ProGamerX56

• 2 months later...

I bought the BFG edition for 20 dollars which came with this. I hope to play it soon but I have so many games.
Looks like a pretty easy trophy set since you can finish it on the easiest difficulty if you choose to. 

I think it'd be great for nostalgia. I bought Wolfenstein 3D for that same reason.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the DOOM 3 BFG Edition on PS3 and it comes with DOOM and DOOM 2. I've only played the Classic's so far though and I haven't even touched DOOM 3. I think it's worth getting this on PS3 if you do want to also play DOOM 3, It's cool that they do have the original 2 on the Disc and they both also have some Trophies to achieve.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The bundle is nice but there are two sound issues that some people may have noticed: The SFX suffer from this weird pitch shift which you can hear in very early versions of Doom 1 (the shareware version of 1.2 is one example), and I don't know which MIDI emulator they used but it seems to be the worst of the lot but OK I guess there's not much to do about that. Other than that, it's probably the best port of Doom on any console ever made. (bold statement, I know). 

• Like 1