Star Ocean: The Divine Force (PS5 | PS4) - October 27 2022

https://www.exophase.com/game/star-ocean-the-divine-force-xbox/achievements/

Xbox list is out, doesn't seem like theres any achievements for battle trophies(unless the battle god at the table trophy is that and not say an arena or the es'owa minigame or something) but basically do 90% of everything, get every ending, difficulty trophies, and secret bosses trophies. Will definitely be time consuming but definitely not a so4 type plat.

Yeah, there doesn't appear to be any achievements related to BT's, assuming they're even in this game. That's a big change. There are ones for completing 90% of the Bestiary, obtaining 90% of all the weapons, completing 90% of the quests, and making 90% of the items in the item creation though. You also have to open all of the treasure chests, beat the game on Chaos, and defeat the Ethereal Queen/Gabriel Celeste. Those are the ones that stand out to me the most. I can't really say how it compares to SO5 since I haven't played that one yet, but the list definitely seems to be more forgiving than SO3 and SO4.

Edited by Undead Wolf

Seven ending per character and then two more special endings with each other.  That's a lot of endings.  The 90% quests and Item Creation might be a pain.  Depending on how missable they are and if they have items/quests tied to specific party members.

@Undead Wolf

SO5's list is really forgiving.  Nothing's missable and there's only 100 BTs as opposed to 900.  And it's way easier too.  The roles are really broken in SO5.

Edited by Ilzakia
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

Seven ending per character and then two more special endings with each other.  That's a lot of endings.  The 90% quests and Item Creation might be a pain.  Depending on how missable they are and if they have items/quests tied to specific party members.

@Undead Wolf

SO5's list is really forgiving.  Nothing's missable and there's only 100 BTs as opposed to 900.  And it's way easier too.  The roles are really broken in SO5.

Yeah, it could be, but at least there's that 10% leeway for the quests and item creation. Having to open all of the treasure chests might end up being worse if any are missable ones or if it's hard to keep track of what you've already opened. I remember that being the case with SO4 and it forced some people to do a complete playthrough again (including the post-game stuff) just because they missed one chest earlier in the game.

Oh wow, I didn't know there were only 100 BTs in SO5. Easy too? That's kind of lame. ? SO3 had 300, so not that many compared to the 900 in SO4, but there were a lot of tough ones. Even though you only needed to get 80% of them, it was still quite the task.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

Yeah, the only bad bt in so5 was the 1 million hits trophy and even that one was easily achieved by afking it on storm dragons overnight a couple of times with everybody set up to do only 1 hp of damage. It just took 50-80 hours of the cpu doing its thing.

seems pretty tough, 90% of most things, every ending which will probably require a near perfect by the book guide, multiple playthroughs if you can only get a few endings per. Ethereal Queen has normally been hidden at the end of a super long dungeon etc. 

Well I'm still very excited but I'm most likely just playing through and getting whatever trophies i get.

Crazy how the achievements are out now..Makes me wonder if this was originally meant to release June/July but was delayed for reasons unknown .

Now to find out when Elysium releases... its been rated T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

they said free ps5 upgrade if you buy ps4 version so my q is do we get preorder bonuses and digital deluxe items as well if we buy that version? 

On 7/9/2022 at 6:02 AM, Bos10George said:

Does anyone know how to pre-order the digital deluxe edition for PS4? The store only has the PS5 editions for pre-order. The Square Enix store only has the base editions. I would like to have those pre-order items for my PS4 run.

it seems you can only preorder ps4 version on a ps4 itself

• Like 1

Yay Ps4 version, That's how I ordered the PS4 version of Dark alliance 2 and then downloaded on PS5. Also through a web browser, except the PS5 doesn't have one of those,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So Cell phone or pc or Xbox.

Google the ps4 version of this game and see if the Cover has the PS5 upgrade logo.

• 5 months later...