How are people still getting DIY PMC?

C4M0-W0LF

25 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

I know this is an old thread, but has... cut...

Yep. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Old www page loads, but the creator itself doesn't load... :( Not sure where the mask is stored: on some Sony server or on EA account.

It can be tested imho: if somebody who has this trophy could reassign his EA account to another PSN ID and try to download the mask on it? But AFAIR reassigning the EA account is problematic, but I could be wrong...

Edited by Smashero

18 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

It's done via using someone else's save file i.e. it's not permitted on this site. 

Anyone who started this game after August 2012 didn't earn it legitimately. 

I can not agree with that. Some guys created the mask and didn't even play the game and/or go online, I know such cases.

I remember that I was using Opera those days and the mask simply couldn't be sent to EA acc. so I simply omitted this crap. How could I know that I will become completionist a few years later...

Edit: Just checked - saves are copy-protected, so all the achievers would have to use CFW.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 1:00 PM, Smashero said:

I can not agree with that. Some guys created the mask and didn't even play the game and/or go online, I know such cases.

I remember that I was using Opera those days and the mask simply couldn't be sent to EA acc. so I simply omitted this crap. How could I know that I will become completionist a few years later...

Edit: Just checked - saves are copy-protected, so all the achievers would have to use CFW.

Most of the latest achievers of this stink at cheating. Nothing new or unexpected.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/3/2020 at 6:41 PM, cris3f said:

Most of the latest achievers of this stink at cheating. Nothing new or unexpected.

@C4M0-W0LF actually I got mine a few days ago, but as @Smashero said, I created my masks back to 2012 but never use them. Because I just had internet connection at my cousins house. Then I couldn’t visit them again and never play the game in coop mode or online mode. Then years after I forgot I had them and as you can see my last trophy was from 2014, I never play that game again. Until this year that I saw some gaming sessions and this post from you, and I was curious to see if had them, and yes, they were there. So, @cris3f, don’t consider me as a cheater and cheating. Some of us didn’t remember we had them, and now we used them. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, BDevil9 said:

Just curious, if I start this game but use my old PSN EA's account..will the masks transfer over? 

AFAIK one of my colleagues tried - didn't work. It seems not to be on EA acc., but PSN. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

If the game wasn’t on your profile when the mask website stopped working, It will be assumed you are cheating if you earned this trophy after said site went down. As long as you at least started the game, you’ll be given benefit of the doubt. 

This is the unanimous opinion of the Cheater Removal Team. 

I thought you had to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be considered a cheater? I don’t own the game and never plan on playing it, but there’s definitely some people on this site who made a mask but never got any of the trophies when they initially played the game.

I know that most of the people who earned this trophy now are cheaters because it’s been so long since the online went down, but I’m sure there’s still a few players in the situation that I described who are going to be unjustly flagged by that policy.

• Like 2

I got the trophy after the mask thing went down. I started playing it when the online masks was still up and I created one though there. But didn't get to the online until last year and that's when the trophy popped because I had one created already 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can not believe I got this plat! I originally got the game to play with a friend back in 2011. When he moved away I gave up on it for years and played through the campaign solo in 2014. I 100% thought the online was closed even then. I'm thinking I saw mention that the mask creation site was down and thought they meant the online servers. Skip to a few weeks ago and I see a gaming session and realize the servers are still up which is crazy for an EA game. The people in the boosting session were too hard to nail down on times so I hit up some local gaming communities I'm in on PS4 and found boosters. After getting all of the online trophies I was talking with a guy about the stupid masks and realized I'd never even checked the masks list on the menu. Sure as shit there was one there. The guys said it looked like "a drunk toddler tried to draw Spider-Man", but fuck it, it worked. It was almost a decade ago and I don't remember making it.

Again, I love this fucking site! If I hadn't seen that gaming session I would have continued thinking the servers were closed and I'd have never completed this.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, ResoluteRock said:

I thought you had to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be considered a cheater? I don’t own the game and never plan on playing it, but there’s definitely some people on this site who made a mask but never got any of the trophies when they initially played the game.

I know that most of the people who earned this trophy now are cheaters because it’s been so long since the online went down, but I’m sure there’s still a few players in the situation that I described who are going to be unjustly flagged by that policy.

I am one of them.  Made a mast way back when..... not sure if I will ever start it and attempt it, but I now I have it there if I every decide to make a run at it

• 5 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 6:15 PM, Smashero said:

AFAIK one of my colleagues tried - didn't work. It seems not to be on EA acc., but PSN. 

I just tried it with a secondary account and I re-confirm that it does not work, apparently the database where they were staying is disconnected / deleted the connection to this server fails when it tries to connect.

Edited by WaddysWDS
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2022 at 5:41 AM, ChAoTic-NaRNiiAN said:

It is still possible to get the mask achievement. If an account has had a psn account linked to it at any point you cant put the mask on a new psn account but can on one gamertag and vice versa.

Hm...

https://www.trueachievements.com/a41422/diy-pmc-achievement

So what you are trying to say is that if the user created mask to get this achievement on XBox by adding theirs gamertag to EA account, then now PSN ID can be added and the mask will be also available in Playstation version of the game?...

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 02/06/2020 at 5:56 PM, B1rvine said:

If the game wasn’t on your profile when the mask website stopped working, It will be assumed you are cheating if you earned this trophy after said site went down. As long as you at least started the game, you’ll be given benefit of the doubt. 

This is the unanimous opinion of the Cheater Removal Team. 

And how does that make sense? If you've played the game before but never got the mask trophy them you havent done it on the website yourself. Creating a mask on a website is not ps3 trophy earning behaviour anyway. Whatsoever.

Earning it for the first trophy because you created something on your account and THEN played the game, makes far more logical sense.