How often do you use ps4 link app on vita to remote play ps4 games?

EnaTenkiyoGaming

20 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I tried it once, that was enough. The input lag is really bad and renders most games unplayable.

I’d wager a lot of people have that same experience. Vita is limited to 802.11n and has pretty limited range and then when it’s coupled with a poorly configured router and a PS4 also paired wirelessly to that same router, it’s a recipe for a really bad experience. PS4 on an Ethernet cable directly to the router is a must for Remote Play. Then having the Vita within a good range and ideally all the right ports forwarded or DMZ turned on for the Vita will

make all but the twitchiest games playable. 

But I can understand people’s hesitation to even both trying. Just about any smart phone is going to give a better connection and if they already have a PS4, they have a DualShock 4 and the phone and controller will give a better remote play experience without experimenting with any settings and probably at a higher resolution. 

• Like 1

I used to use it almost daily before I got my ps5. I'd swap from that to my phone. I found a pretty neat adapter that let's me attach my phone to my ps4 controller and it's basically like a tiny TV that sits on top of my controller. Remote play is great for those games that aren't heavy in graphics (something to enjoy on an actual tv). However, I've never been able to connect anywhere but from home... that part sucks since I can get away with playing at work.