I Give Up!

Rubieno

If you´re stuck at the Sierra Mountains orb there is one technique that i found very useful. If you time it correctly use the double jump and the rooster uppercut ( :square: + :up:) and you should land on the platform you were standing on before (move the stick a little bit to left or right to counter the rooster uppercut). You can do this over and over again until you decide on what platform to land next. Then just repeat this and you should get through it easily, but it might take a while.
Anyway good luck with the game  ^_^ I got the platinum feek weeks ago and I totally know your feelings right now  :D

• Like 1

I honestly didn't find this game that hard at all. A couple of the platforming bit were tough but that's all.

I remember the tule tree being kinda annoying, but not sierra mountain?

Then again I have played a lot of platformers.

Anyways congrats on doing the tree, just keep trying with the rest and you'll get there soon enough. :D

Do I have to pay real money for this?

not sure it someone already answered this... the answer is yes...you have to pay for it... but it's worth it in my opinion.. though it is not really needed to plat the game, heck I platted it without the DLCs and just purchased them for 100% completion and experience Inferno Challenges...

How is Sierra Morena even considered platforming? It's just random blocks in random places

first and foremost.. congrats in getting the orb in Tule Tree....it is really a tough challenge...

With regards to Siera Morena.... it's not random, if you observe carefully, the blocks appear and re-appear in the same spot... needs patience and good timing just to get it... and good luck.. you will definitely need it...

not sure it someone already answered this... the answer is yes...you have to pay for it... but it's worth it in my opinion.. though it is not really needed to plat the game, heck I platted it without the DLCs and just purchased them for 100% completion and experience Inferno Challenges...

I'm not gonna buy the DLC for sure

Did it! 

How is Sierra Morena even considered platforming? It's just random blocks in random places

It already helped me a lot, man! I'm getting closer

Yes, I've found this is the best method to clear that round. So if you have platted Guacamelee, you might want to plat Boderlands 2 as well, hit me up if you want to play in co-op :lol:

Ok, so after the game crashing in Sierra Morena (Forcing me to do it again) I got the Gold trophy El Savior :)

ev5lqq.jpg

Yes, I've found this is the best method to clear that round. So if you have platted Guacamelee, you might want to plat Boderlands 2 as well, hit me up if you want to play in co-op :lol:

I've already platted Borderlands 2 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to start this game, and I would like to help my playthrough be as less stressful as possible. So, with that being said....would you say the DLC (specifically the costume DLC) makes getting the platinum easier on the whole? I'm willing to pay a few dollars to help prevent frustration.

Hi

How do so many people have this platinum? The ORB at Lune Tree is just IMPOSSIBLE to get!

After 1 hour of focused gaming I thought I was finally there! Then I saw that there was this course with blades left.... Guess what? I died after about 30 tries and respawned at the damn bottom again... Tips would really help me out!

Ruben

Did that at my third try I think?.. Not that hard. Sound Shapes was a bit more hard.

Getting ready to start this game, and I would like to help my playthrough be as less stressful as possible. So, with that being said....would you say the DLC (specifically the costume DLC) makes getting the platinum easier on the whole? I'm willing to pay a few dollars to help prevent frustration.

somehow yes, there is a costume with the ability to regenerate health and even a costume with unlimited use of Mana... well it's your choice but I prefer to play it first without the DLCs first, to experience it and get hang in it.. if you are still having problems getting used to the game after 2-3 hours... then play get the DLC ^_^

somehow yes, there is a costume with the ability to regenerate health and even a costume with unlimited use of Mana... well it's your choice but I prefer to play it first without the DLCs first, to experience it and get hang in it.. if you are still having problems getting used to the game after 2-3 hours... then play get the DLC ^_^

Thanks.

Would you recommend playing through the game on Normal first, get all the orbs (i.e. deal with the stressful platforming sections) and then on the Hard playthrough just forget about the orbs and beat all the bosses?

I will be playing this on Vita. I think there is a glitch that you can use to skip the Hard playthrough on PS3 (pre-patch) but sounds like Vita doesn't have that luxury.

Thanks.

Would you recommend playing through the game on Normal first, get all the orbs (i.e. deal with the stressful platforming sections) and then on the Hard playthrough just forget about the orbs and beat all the bosses?

I will be playing this on Vita. I think there is a glitch that you can use to skip the Hard playthrough on PS3 (pre-patch) but sounds like Vita doesn't have that luxury.

hmmm... seen this one but not yet tried... use at your own risk :P

Hard Mode: On Main Menu, Quickly Press:   :left::right::left::right::square::triangle::square: :square: :select: 

I preferred doing Normal Mode first to get used with the game, do the tasks needed to gain the trophies then play a second run on Hard Mode to get the trophies that can only be gained in Hard Mode.. my motto: Enjoy Now, Frustrate Later ^_^

btw... Enjoy and kick those Skeletons butts ^_^
Edited by jeieem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got all the orbs and it wasn't so difficult for me, which is weird considering how much I suck at platforming games. The one in Tule Tree was just trial and error but I think it took me about 10 minutes, maybe a bit more. I thought the one in Sierra was harder but it also didn't take much time, I focused on just one of the patterns and did double jumps +  :circle:  :up: and it became easier.

Actually I'm about to give up in my hard playthrough. Only one trophy last (complete the game in hard mode) but I can't get past Jaguar Javier on hard, the game was being fun until this point.

EDIT: Okay, I officially give up. Just did the fight perfectly, Jaguar had like just one bit of health left, but couldn't kill him because of the stupid white shield. I can beat the crap out of him but he always kills me before I take his white shield down :(

Edited by Playsonic2

I got all the orbs and it wasn't so difficult for me, which is weird considering how much I suck at platforming games. The one in Tule Tree was just trial and error but I think it took me about 10 minutes, maybe a bit more. I thought the one in Sierra was harder but it also didn't take much time, I focused on just one of the patterns and did double jumps +  :circle:  :up: and it became easier.

Actually I'm about to give up in my hard playthrough. Only one trophy last (complete the game in hard mode) but I can't get past Jaguar Javier on hard, the game was being fun until this point.

EDIT: Okay, I officially give up. Just did the fight perfectly, Jaguar had like just one bit of health left, but couldn't kill him because of the stupid white shield. I can beat the crap out of him but he always kills me before I take his white shield down :(

Use the hard mode glitch...

And to believe some people didn't even do a hard playthrough and used the glitch so they only needed to do the final boss on hard!

I did the game legit on hard and the jaguar was quite hard but he was doable (i almost rage quited a few time tho) i think i got him up in the air to disable his whilte shield. The orbs were annoying but nothing to hard. And it is quite special that i managed to do that because i suck balls at platformers.

I did the game legit on hard mode as well. Actually, I had a lot more troubles with the first two bosses. For Jaguar Javier I tried different costumes (I had both DLCs and all costumes available at that time). I can't remember exactly if I used the chicken costume and ran up the walls when I was low on health or if I used Tostada (or Juanita) the one were you have harder punches but weaker throws. I think it was the latter. And I used headbutts a lot. If you hit him at the right angle you can keep him in the air pretty good.

• 1 month later...

For Calaca part 1, When he appeared and then disappeared, I ran and diagonally double jumped.  This missed nearly all of his attacks, enabling me to counter attack.  I didn't attack his green shield, this tended to be too slow and usually allowed him to quickly counter attack me.

For Calaca part 2, I spent about 10 minutes just learning his moves, without even attacking him.

Once I was confident and able to dodge each attack, killing him was fairly easy (on hard).

Learn his tells, learn his attacks, learn to dodge = success.

Edited by Ara_Dax