I can't advance alone

cinthia_mendes

I never liked this "monster hunter" kinda of game, but Freedom Wars gaves that Atlus vibe so I decided to try and I was really enjoying until code 7, from code 8 I started to suck pretty hard and get destroyed by any enemy...

Did some research, I don't know if I get all the late bloomer thing right, but I improved my weapons a lot, and I still suck... not as bad, but still...

I have a Aftershadow+ lvl 9 and Betsy's lvl 8, bot around 2700 ~2900 damage, both with Power L/XL and other mods that sites suggested (don't have vita here at the moment).

I can't upgrade none of them any further because the items I need are on retribution missions, both ultra rare harvests and I can't complete those missions alone...

The itens are:
- Processed Graphite Ultra-high Quality
- Ruined Conduite Coil Ultra-high Quality

Tried online few times, but rarely find someone available that don't care about replaying the same mission over and over...

only 4 trophies away from the platinum and I already starting to hate this game...

I can't even find code 2 missions when playing solo lol

I'm able to select them when I'm in a lobby with other ppl, but they're not in the basic operations when I'm offline, only CODE 1 missions are there.

What am I overlooking here?

Edit: Well, I'm pretty stupid. I just had to talk to the boys outside my cell and go to the warren. lol

Edited by kanzenchaos

If you guys are wanting to plat this the most important trophy u want to get done while online coop is still working besides obviously the online tropies is the one trophy to get your weapon up to level 10. Reason I say this is because your going 2 have 2 play the hardest special ops for your parts once your weapon gets to about level 8. I've been helping people and I'm noticing they want help doing 15 special ops trophy. I told most ove them might as well do the weapons trophy because it may take more than 15 special ops for your parts anyway lol add me if your unlucky finding help 

57 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Game is designed to play with 4 people. 

Of course the game has only 3 easy online trophies (or 0 when playing via adhoc), but for Code 8 you have to be god to solo those missions. I won't even try them alone. That's what sessions are for. 

Not to mention there's 2 missions against I guess you could call them literal god fights where you have to solo them. 

Spookyentertainm <<< listen to this guy folks if he's willing let him help you make the best weapons possible or as good as your possibly going to get in the short time left cause a good weapon or even above decent is going to get you through hell he helped me and was a definite life saver

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

So I finished a mission online but it doesn't show as completed offline. Does anyone know what is going on?

You need to reach it in your story and you can use the pass you gained while in multiplayer to pass it. So lets say you been doing a bunch of Code 6 mission online but you only at code 5 story wise, you need to advance to code 6 in your story and skip the mission and it should be ticked off.

Edited by VaNiDgE
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, VaNiDgE said:

You need to reach it in your story and you can use the pass you gained while in multiplayer to pass it. So lets say you been doing a bunch of Code 6 mission online but you only at code 5 story wise, you need to advance to code 6 in your story and skip the mission and it should be ticked off.

It was a discretionary mission from code 6 while I'm at code 7 so it was already unlocked. How do I use the pass for a non-story mission like that?

9 hours ago, KILLERMACHINE666 said:

I can use hulp try weeks on my own always same problem stay weak sadly try diferen weapons but same problem code 8 is verry hard damn

We can play that code 8 mission Again I accidentally killed the red robot , there are total of 9 robots in mission 8-1 I forgot about the 9th and it was too Iate killed red one as last one was coming out, if I had killed in order you would have got a reward 

Code 8 is totally doable with just the AI. Its more a test of endurance then anything else. Some tips:

• Give you Accessory a light weight blade so they have maximum movement speed and set them to prioritize revival
  • Revive the AI as much as you can, and remember you can do so from a distance using your thorn
  • If there are multiple abductors I would usually try and separate one from the group and attack it by myself letting the AI keep the others busy
  • Focus your attacks on severing, starting with sheilds if any abductors have them, then weapon systems, leave limbs for last
  • The less weapon systems they have the more predictable the abductors become
  • I found that a quick fire machine gun was the best for these, the fast shots and quick reload let me do enough dps to destroy parts I had already softened through severing
  • Use your gun really only when the abductors are doing an attack you don't like or you are retreating to heal / revive AI
  • Don't forget that most maps have refills for health / ammo / other equipment scattered around, use it all
  • Be prepared for a long fight, 50-90 mins is not unreasonable
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 7:08 PM, pot1414 said:

It was a discretionary mission from code 6 while I'm at code 7 so it was already unlocked. How do I use the pass for a non-story mission like that?

I had a similar experience. No passes for the DO missions, no free checks. Some friends of mine did some testing and found that it matters who selects the op in mp, but I haven't verified myself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, s68sc said:

i can't play online, i don't have that option in the menu

Make sure you are at least past code 2 to play multiplayer

6 hours ago, RNumbers said:

I had a similar experience. No passes for the DO missions, no free checks. Some friends of mine did some testing and found that it matters who selects the op in mp, but I haven't verified myself.

Mission you can choose depends on where the host has unlocked and if they allow others to choose, say if host only has story mission unlocked to say code 5 and no DO mission then you wont be able to choose those mission. 

If you want to do a specific mission for a pass, but no one has it, just host the game your self and choose that mission, people will join you, complete it and use the pass in your story mission.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KILLERMACHINE666 said:

I can use hulp try weeks on my own always same problem stay weak sadly try diferen weapons but same problem code 8 is verry hard damn

I think what you are saying is that you cant find strong weapons? My advice is to play coop as much as possible to get you through and farm for materials, Some mission can drop stronger weapons that can get you by. If you really want to get into it and the RNG (randomness) that is weapons upgrading and modding. Then upgrade your weapons facilities to 8 and try and get a rarity 6-8 weapons save scum (upload your save to cloud, redownload if you don't like your result)  your way to good mods and damage and upgrade you weapons. There are reddit post all about it and its a bit of a mine field.

Honestly a rarity 6 weapons are not hard to come by and with modding and some upgrades it will get you through even the solo bosses.

Edited by VaNiDgE

1 hour ago, VaNiDgE said:

Mission you can choose depends on where the host has unlocked and if they allow others to choose, say if host only has story mission unlocked to say code 5 and no DO mission then you wont be able to choose those mission. 

If you want to do a specific mission for a pass, but no one has it, just host the game your self and choose that mission, people will join you, complete it and use the pass in your story mission.

Hm, that's not really the issue. In my specific example I am Code 7 with DO 7-8 unlocked. I ran this successfully through another host's room but I a) didn't get a non-failure pass (presumably because it's not a story mission, it's discretionary) and b ) the mission did not appear checked as complete for me. I've had no problems getting passes for main story missions, so it's not that I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.

This guy had the same/similar issue and seems to have figured something out, but I can't for the life of me understand what:

Edited by RNumbers

1 hour ago, VaNiDgE said:

Make sure you are at least past code 2 to play multiplayer

Thank you

3 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Hm, that's not really the issue. In my specific example I am Code 7 with DO 7-8 unlocked. I ran this successfully through another host's room but I a) didn't get a non-failure pass (presumably because it's not a story mission, it's discretionary) and b ) the mission did not appear checked as complete for me. I've had no problems getting passes for main story missions, so it's not that I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.

This guy had the same/similar issue and seems to have figured something out, but I can't for the life of me understand what:

Oh i know whats happening for those mission you need to unlock it in your story, those are the one that Simeon unlocks for you, to get them you need to bring down our sentence, and once Simeon tells you your next mission is unlocked, you can go online get it done via multiplayer and it will be ticked off.  

If you need to bring down your sentence quickly, just do sepcial ops CT100 Jakarta and its and easy -10,000

Edited by VaNiDgE

5 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Oh i know whats happening for those mission you need to unlock it in your story, those are the one that Simeon unlocks for you, to get them you need to bring down our sentence, and once Simeon tells you your next mission is unlocked, you can go online get it done via multiplayer and it will be ticked off.  

If you need to bring down your sentence quickly, just do sepcial ops CT100 Jakarta and its and easy -10,000

Those are actually 8-1 and on, I just did the first of those. Like I said, all my discretionary ops for Code 7 were already unlocked, they were unlocked before I did 7-2 to "end" the story.

There seems to be no logical reason that it shouldn't have shown complete for me after doing it.

Edit: I actually was able to get tickets to pass 8-1 and 8-2 before having those missions unlocked, so this is something purely related to the discretionary ops.

Edited by RNumbers