Shake's Evolution

MissShake

8 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

What a cool idea for a challenge. I love EVO and the FGC in general. Best of luck to you on completing this very monumental task.  

Thanks! Yeah I love EVO too, my sister and I are tentatively planning to drive to Vegas for next year's tourney... Depending on whether it actually happens or not, of course :D

9 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Nice target right there 1f601.png I wish you best of luck in your endeavour! 

Bonus like for the Samsho description, that game truly is the perfect fundamental, spacing and neutral tutorial (amazing game, too bad the online is laggy) 

Thank you! I definitely wish Samsho had been given better online, that game is so fun. I love games like Guilty Gear, but sometimes keeping it simple is best!

• Like 2

30Sbbf75f.png Granblue Know-It-All: Unlock all entries in the glossary's Characters and Terms section

Okay look. I know this is an easy trophy to get if you downgrade the version, but it took me a while to get to that point. I originally planned to do this on the newest update, with all the DLC characters and everything, but fuck I was getting so bored of RPG mode that I just gave in. I tried one method for downgrading, and it didn't work. Then the way easier way was brought to my attention, and somehow THAT failed right at the very end of my download. This would be fine if my internet wasn't shit and didn't take EIGHT hours to download this game, but hey, eight hours it was. So I tried the easy way yet again, and now I have this bronze. Even with all of this bullshit, I still find it to be way less annoying than playing more of RPG mode.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 11:47 AM, MissShake said:

30Sbbf75f.png Granblue Know-It-All: Unlock all entries in the glossary's Characters and Terms section

Okay look. I know this is an easy trophy to get if you downgrade the version, but it took me a while to get to that point. I originally planned to do this on the newest update, with all the DLC characters and everything, but fuck I was getting so bored of RPG mode that I just gave in. I tried one method for downgrading, and it didn't work. Then the way easier way was brought to my attention, and somehow THAT failed right at the very end of my download. This would be fine if my internet wasn't shit and didn't take EIGHT hours to download this game, but hey, eight hours it was. So I tried the easy way yet again, and now I have this bronze. Even with all of this bullshit, I still find it to be way less annoying than playing more of RPG mode.

Heh that stupid RPG mode...I doubt anyone liked it, it was THAT boring xD definitely not the best Arcsys game out there.

And all you have left is that Gacha weapon no? Best of luck, may RNG be in your favor!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

Heh that stupid RPG mode...I doubt anyone liked it, it was THAT boring xD definitely not the best Arcsys game out there.

And all you have left is that Gacha weapon no? Best of luck, may RNG be in your favor!

I've done the weapon draw for three hours in total so far. Still better than playing RPG mode :P

• Like 1

11S90520a.png Luminiera's Blade: Get a Luminiera Blade Omega in RPG mode

As I mentioned before, I hated the RPG mode of this game. So I went ahead and just did a bunch of draws from the gatcha system. In total I did it for around four hours, so that was four hours of just reloading when the Blade didn't show up. And even that was better than RPG mode because at least I got to play some YT videos in the background.

Which leads me to...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/b5740c/trophies/1L853f74.png

Platinum Sky

Complete all trophies

I hate this game. That is all.

...Okay I know you need more than that. Granblue Fantasy Versus is a pretty game with okay gameplay. I enjoy the fighting game part of Gran well enough, it feels like Arcsys went ahead and made their own Street Fighter. The game is slower than, say, DBFZ, but it isn't quite at SamSho 2019 levels. This might be good for people who like the characters of Granblue Fantasy and want to try their hands at fighting games proper. The problem is this: someone who likes the Granblue Fantasy characters? This is definitely not me. I haven't played a gatcha game in a long time (I played Fire Emblem Heroes for like a month, that's it) and I genuinely have no interest in giving them a run. Cool, fine, just means the mobile game isn't for me, right? Well I left this game wondering why anyone would want to collect these characters at all. I know, cast is pretty, but that seems to be all they have. I immediately got bored of the story in the RPG mode, so I just started skipping the cutscenes. Gran is bland, the blue haired girl is boring, and the mascot character? Kill me, what is it with Japan and annoying mascots? I can maybe count on one hand how many of these mascots actually work for me.

Remember when I said I liked the fighting game part of this game well enough? It's really too bad that most of the trophy run for this won't include you playing the fighting game itself. I don't get the reason behind every fighting game developer and their mother making their single player mode a beat em up. It's such a wasted opportunity, I don't play fighting games to level characters up and beat up repeating enemies over and over again. I want to play the actual fighting game of the fighting game, devs! Why can't developers make a story mode where you learn something related to fighting games themselves? Like maybe one enemy is focused on mastering spacing, one that focuses on learning how specials are useful, etc. Prepare your players for playing online! Granted, Granblue did have little side missions that taught players the various moves of its cast, but I'm not going to use these characters in RPG mode when I can only level Gran up and not spread myself too thin.

This has me wondering... What's the future of Granblue Fantasy Versus? I had this game on the list because it was supposed to be in the 2020 lineup, but we're approaching EVO 2022 and I'm not so sure that it'll be featured on the main stage. I don't know anyone who plays this game on a competitive level, and I just can't see signups for Granblue being very full. There are better Arcsys games that I am 100% sure will make it onto the main stage such as Strive, so even if Granblue is still getting DLC there just doesn't seem to be enough of a scene for this to make it to EVO.

Next in line?

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/df6b67/L9940dd.png

• Like 4

Congrats for Granblue! Good review, that's pretty much everyone's impression about that game xD and they still release a new character Vira or something! Guess the gacha industry is mad strong if they still invest in this game.

Also that dragon mascot can burn, such an obnoxious character.

53 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Next in line?

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/df6b67/L9940dd.png

Now this should be interesting :D

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Great idea for a checklist! Fighting games are my favorite genre and love to see more people getting in to it. I went to EVO from 2012-2014 and it was an amazing experience. You should definitely go!

Thanks! Yeah that's definitely the plan, we can only hope that Covid doesn't stop any plans EVO has for 2022... Getting tired of events getting cancelled lol

17 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Congrats! I told you it would be over soon lol.

I agree with your review; the actual fighting was decent enough but there was so little of it. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with RPG Mode.

I know, it just felt like I'd be there for centuries with how shit the draw luck is lol.

It feels like the devs weren't confident that fans of the mobile game would play it if there wasn't anything like the RPG mode in the game. Which is really stupid, if the base game is good then I feel like both fans of Granblue and the FGC would have been all in on Granblue. Shame that the RPG mode is SO much of the gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Congrats for Granblue! Good review, that's pretty much everyone's impression about that game xD and they still release a new character Vira or something! Guess the gacha industry is mad strong if they still invest in this game.

Also that dragon mascot can burn, such an obnoxious character.

Yeah it makes me wonder how the scene for Granblue is in Japan or something. Maybe the gatcha is so popular that there's more players of Granblue over there? Who knows, let them waste their money on Vira lol.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MissShake said:

11S90520a.png Luminiera's Blade: Get a Luminiera Blade Omega in RPG mode

As I mentioned before, I hated the RPG mode of this game. So I went ahead and just did a bunch of draws from the gatcha system. In total I did it for around four hours, so that was four hours of just reloading when the Blade didn't show up. And even that was better than RPG mode because at least I got to play some YT videos in the background.

Which leads me to...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/b5740c/trophies/1L853f74.png

Platinum Sky

Complete all trophies

I hate this game. That is all.

...Okay I know you need more than that. Granblue Fantasy Versus

For some reason when I read this, this came to mind:

What is gganbu in Squid Game? - The BK Things

I also like spectating Evo, so I'll keep an eye on this to see what it takes to actually get all the trophies for those games. ?

Edited by Grotz99

2 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

For some reason when I read this, this came to mind:

What is gganbu in Squid Game? - The BK Things

I also like spectating Evo, so I'll keep an eye on this to see what it takes to actually get all the trophies for those games. 1f601.png

I haven't seen Squid Game so this kind of looks like gibberish to me LMAO

Thanks for checking it out! Some are easy, some are hard, some are sure to give me nightmares lol

Small update! (Sorry for the double post) Bought some games to add to the pile. The double pack for MK 11 and Injustice 2 is at a steep discount of $25 so...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/789be0/L486c59.pnghttps://i.psnprofiles.com/games/6b4219/L6b024a.png

And I forgot I got MKX with PSPlus, so...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/L31ca67.png

All three of these game are moving from the To Buy list into the backlog! All I have left to buy is UMVC3 and I'll own everything I need... Until they announce the lineup for EVO 2022. I can't wait until they do, I'm really excited for this year's tournament!

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 2

Ahhhh, this  is quite the painful endeavour you’re going through. One of my objective was to reach #1 in fighting games in the Italian region of TrueTrophies, so I platted majority of the games here, and I’m very close to some of them (mvc3, guilty gear xrd,  p4au, all offline trophies I postponed for now, to focus on online trophies).

Some advices:

Don’t be like me, and use the cloud save trick on MKX when you’re going for the 10 wins in a row.

Injustice 2 has a multiverse for random abilities,  said ‘verse changes every 4 hours, go there, check and see if you can gain an ability, use the AI with 30 combos, 30 counters, and of course, good equipment.

You can cheese the gold rank in SF5 if you find someone in your region with a mic, I’ll have to be looking for someone too in order to finally knock the platinum.

Find someone with a great deal of patience for mvc3, one of the online trophies requires you to fight 30 hours inline, that’s fight only, no time in the lobby, it took us 2 weeks just to get that trophy 

Don’t spend too much time pressing R1 to gain exp in Injustice, there’s a bug that stops the game from autosaving, at the very least, make a single fight last less than an hour to be on the safe side. Doomsday is also the fastest  of the power characters for this.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Ahhhh, this  is quite the painful endeavour you’re going through. One of my objective was to reach #1 in fighting games in the Italian region of TrueTrophies, so I platted majority of the games here, and I’m very close to some of them (mvc3, guilty gear xrd,  p4au, all offline trophies I postponed for now, to focus on online trophies).

Some advices:

Don’t be like me, and use the cloud save trick on MKX when you’re going for the 10 wins in a row.

Injustice 2 has a multiverse for random abilities,  said ‘verse changes every 4 hours, go there, check and see if you can gain an ability, use the AI with 30 combos, 30 counters, and of course, good equipment.

You can cheese the gold rank in SF5 if you find someone in your region with a mic, I’ll have to be looking for someone too in order to finally knock the platinum.

Find someone with a great deal of patience for mvc3, one of the online trophies requires you to fight 30 hours inline, that’s fight only, no time in the lobby, it took us 2 weeks just to get that trophy 

Don’t spend too much time pressing R1 to gain exp in Injustice, there’s a bug that stops the game from autosaving, at the very least, make a single fight last less than an hour to be on the safe side. Doomsday is also the fastest  of the power characters for this.

Thanks for the tips! Yeah I have no illusions about this challenge, I don't even really expect that I'm going to manage to finish it. But hey, the least I can do is try!

• Like 1

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/df6b67/trophies/25S3356c0.pngManipulator of Time: Perform Roman Cancel 100 times while in a match.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/df6b67/trophies/29Sb6a8c4.pngReady to Meet Your Maker?: Successfully land a counter hit on an opponent with MAX R.I.S.C. Gauge while in a match.

I'm slowly going through some of the miscellaneous trophies for Strive. Not much to say about these two really, but Ready to Meet Your Maker? is definitely easier with a second controller. I have a feeling one or two more of my leftover trophies will be easier with another controller lol

• Like 2

Hi everyone! Great news!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was announced at The Game Awards!

Bad news! This means I have to add it to this challenge! Kill me!

P4AU sits at a very low 1.44% plat rate on PS3, and I expect they're just going to copy-paste the trophy list for the PS4 version. If so this looks to be a rather difficult mountain on the horizon...

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 4