Advice for a newbie to avoid missing trophies?

Very new to the Mass Effect series and just completed 1.  I can tell they're a series that can be a pain to not miss certain trophies.  I tripped the Principled and completionist trophies on ME1 sadly and not interested in doing all the game and assignments over again for now so want to start 2, and hopefully get a better shot at the plat on this.  So any tips on how i can best go about my first ever run on it and not miss trophies again?  Thanks

ME2 is pretty simple the ones i missed on the first playthorugh were using the various abilities. id say take your time and if you dont run a biotech character make sure you have some in your crew and knock those out early and farm them every chance you get. the rest is pretty simple.

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Make sure you do the loyalty missions like the trophy guide says. Also follow what it says about the suicide mission. Having all squad mates loyal to you will help in everyone surviving the suicide mission.

omg i can't believe i forgot this. also to add to this. make sure you do all the ship upgrades as well. you will need them

• Like 1

Yeah from what i read it sounds bit more simple, main thing being that when it comes to the missable trophies, the tasks to get them arent exactly gigantic unlike say, completionist was from ME1

7 hours ago, funboy1246 said:

ME2 is pretty simple the ones i missed on the first playthorugh were using the various abilities. id say take your time and if you dont run a biotech character make sure you have some in your crew and knock those out early and farm them every chance you get. the rest is pretty simple.

I also read you can carry on playing post story unlike me1

Edited by mike_87

The only things you need to know in ME2 are the name of the "point of no return" mission (the one not to do until you've cleaned up everything else) - and maybe who to pick for the choosable aspects of the final mission (though TBH, there is a lot of leeway on that, and if you've done everyone's loyalty mission, you should be fine, as it's fairly obvious who to choose for each section just from story context.)

As long as you know those, it should be virtually impossible to not get the platinum by just playing the game.

Have fun - it's one of the greats! ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The only things you need to know in ME2 are the name of the "point of no return" mission (the one not to do until you've cleaned up everything else) - and maybe who to pick for the choosable aspects of the final mission (though TBH, there is a lot of leeway on that, and if you've done everyone's loyalty mission, you should be fine, as it's fairly obvious who to choose for each section just from story context.)

As long as you know those, it should be virtually impossible to not get the platinum by just playing the game.

Have fun - it's one of the greats! 1f44d.png

pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

Just make sure you do everything, go to every system, scan all the planets, do all the side-missions and you shouldn't miss anything.

combat trophies can be farmed and I did this. If you have a member in your crew with the ability you want to farm, the game typically autosaves before an encounter so use that ability and reload the save. When you get to 3 though I noticed the ability could only be used on 1 enemy per encounter to count towards the trophy, so if you are in a fight against 3 people, use it 3 times (one on each) and then just re-load.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silocia said:

pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

Just make sure you do everything, go to every system, scan all the planets, do all the side-missions and you shouldn't miss anything.

combat trophies can be farmed and I did this. If you have a member in your crew with the ability you want to farm, the game typically autosaves before an encounter so use that ability and reload the save. When you get to 3 though I noticed the ability could only be used on 1 enemy per encounter to count towards the trophy, so if you are in a fight against 3 people, use it 3 times (one on each) and then just re-load.

Thank you, may seem a dumb question but the layout has changed in places, earlier i was trying to do a side quest which required me to go to Zeona, which i couldnt find at all as i seem to be locked on a cluster. i was trying to go there to do a side quest...are they just as vital to do asap as they are in ME1?  How the hell do you get back to the milky way on the galaxy map? Think i was locked near this omega area or something. Right now im just doing main quests

Edited by mike_87

48 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Thank you, may seem a dumb question but the layout has changed in places, earlier i was trying to do a side quest which required me to go to Zeona, which i couldnt find at all as i seem to be locked on a cluster. i was trying to go there to do a side quest...are they just as vital to do asap as they are in ME1?  How the hell do you get back to the milky way on the galaxy map? Think i was locked near this omega area or something. Right now im just doing main quests

Some side quests lock out unit you get further into the story, this also becomes more prevalent in 3 and honestly is quite annoying.

My advice would be, talk to everyone, do everything you can do and then do the next main story mission and then after that mission check again to see if more things have opened up. I do this with all RPGs, takes longer but you're less likely to miss anything.

17 hours ago, Silocia said:

Some side quests lock out unit you get further into the story, this also becomes more prevalent in 3 and honestly is quite annoying.

My advice would be, talk to everyone, do everything you can do and then do the next main story mission and then after that mission check again to see if more things have opened up. I do this with all RPGs, takes longer but you're less likely to miss anything.

Worked it out eventually, you have to go to mass relay, see all these new features that werent in the original no wonder i was confused

Quick question for all you ME2 experts, i have just got to the point where ive done the two missions for Miranda, and then that scene triggers on Normandy and the guide says you have to use paragon or renegade options to get through it, I do have the trophies 'Catharsis' and 'The Prodigal' now but for some reason the guide still makes out its important to get through the Normandy cutscene correctly.  A bit confused, anyway my problem is that both Paragon and Renegade choices are greyed out so my guess is theres an issue with the amount of paragon ive built up.  so once i noticed this I reverted back to the save i had just before doing 'Jack: SUbject Zero'.  So if someone can put me right on this scenario then I'd appreciate it, thanks

11 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Quick question for all you ME2 experts, i have just got to the point where ive done the two missions for Miranda, and then that scene triggers on Normandy and the guide says you have to use paragon or renegade options to get through it, I do have the trophies 'Catharsis' and 'The Prodigal' now but for some reason the guide still makes out its important to get through the Normandy cutscene correctly.  A bit confused, anyway my problem is that both Paragon and Renegade choices are greyed out so my guess is theres an issue with the amount of paragon ive built up.  so once i noticed this I reverted back to the save i had just before doing 'Jack: SUbject Zero'.  So if someone can put me right on this scenario then I'd appreciate it, thanks

You don't have enough paragon built up if the options are greyed out. With the infighting after the loyalty missions, the longer you wait to do those missions, the more paragon you'll need to persuade them to back down. It is best to do the loyalty missions the moment they become available, and not touch any more story missions before they're all completed. Otherwise you can lock yourself into a situation you can't talk your way out of, and have up to 2 possible unloyal crew members for the suicide mission

My paragon level is two bars full at the moment just about. Ive done a fair few side quests but only today i chose to do some more story missions, im sure i havent blown it but fearing i will if im any more careless

Edited by mike_87

These games mostly just need you to be thorough. Do everything available before doing stuff connected to the main plot. Then after each story mission, do all the new stuff you opened up before doing the next story mission. The suicide mission is mostly about not making dumb choices. When a situation calls for holding the door, send your meat head in When it calls for hacking through systems, grab your tech expert. Stuff like that.

On 12/9/2021 at 1:38 AM, cometowner said:

when will you start reading guides which contains the best information??

Same question I mean I provided guides for all 3 games on his post on mass effect 1 that make it a basically strait line to platinum and 100% if you follow it an I think he ignored me it's hee true achievements walkthroughs which are walkthrough and trophy guide in 1 tells you when where and how to get the trophies/achievements aswell as navigating maps ect

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to clarify for everyone: the game implies that the "point of no return" is going through the Omega 4 Relay. But if you want to get all of the trophies in a single playthrough, the actual point of no return is the "Acquire Reaper IFF" mission.

Spoilers ahead!

Spoiler

The Reaper IFF mission is also where you find Legion, your last party member. After the mission is done, you can do exactly one more mission before the story forces you through the Omega 4 Relay. This is your best and basically only chance to do Legion's loyalty mission. If you do any more missions before going through the relay, some of the Normandy Crew will die and you will miss your chance at No One Left Behind.

The main things you may want to leave for post-game are the Arrival and Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC, and only the latter is required for the platinum.