The Platinum Games (Ongoing) (SIGN-UPS Closed)

Hi, I like to discuss with the participants the July Challenge.

I had Spyro in mind but now it seems it doesn't fit.

Hitman is another one, I already have Season 1 and 2.... So I guess I can take a chance in the old ones and the newest one.

Other than that what other franchises do you think are doable?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

Hitman is another one, I already have Season 1 and 2.... So I guess I can take a chance in the old ones and the newest one.

Right now I thought about going for the older Hitman games, but there are still other series, like Tomb Raider, God of War, Uncharted, Crash bandicoot... At least these are the ones that come to my mind more easily

4 hours ago, MattbluePT said:

Right now I thought about going for the older Hitman games, but there are still other series, like Tomb Raider, God of War, Uncharted, Crash bandicoot... At least these are the ones that come to my mind more easily

I checked out it seems like every Ratchet game fits the criteria too.

3 hours ago, DORE145 said:

I hope I'm not too late to join.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Personal plan for July is to go on the LEGO train. I already had plans to play through LEGO The Incredibles and will probably aim to go through Indiana Jones 2 and either Jurassic World or City Undercover as a third depending on which is cheaper/on sale.

I'm also thinking on Lego games, but not only for July, but for August as well. Lego Marvel Avengers and Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 have 6 DLC packs each and they usually pretty easy and what is more important fun. 
But as the person who recently completed both Indiana Jones 2 and City Undercover I can say don't go with them especially if this is your first Lego games.
I can recommend Harry Potter Years 1-4, first Marvel Super Heroes and first Lego Movie (Completed it last weekend, great game but too short imo)

As other option for July I consider Prince of Persia. I've almost completed Warrior Within (Only one easy playthrough left) and then I will have to beat The Two Thrones and Forbidden Sands. (Thou I'm not sure how I will handle all these playthroughs on my PS3 especially 3 The Two Thrones playthroughs)

9 minutes ago, DORE145 said:

first Marvel Super Heroes

Just a reminder, the first Super-Heroes games has a coop trophy, requiring two controllers (dunno if can be done in shareplay), and the flight controls are horrid. Lego Avengers is a much better way to go. Lego Chima/ninjago are also good.

31 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Just a reminder, the first Super-Heroes games has a coop trophy, requiring two controllers (dunno if can be done in shareplay), and the flight controls are horrid.

I've completely forgot about it. It was so long time ago, that I forgot this game have such clunky flight controls and how it destroyed my saves twice.( oh early days of ps4)

• Like 1

I'm also thinking on Lego games, but not only for July, but for August as well. Lego Marvel Avengers and Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 have 6 DLC packs each and they usually pretty easy and what is more important fun. 
But as the person who recently completed both Indiana Jones 2 and City Undercover I can say don't go with them especially if this is your first Lego games.
I can recommend Harry Potter Years 1-4, first Marvel Super Heroes and first Lego Movie (Completed it last weekend, great game but too short imo)

Oh, don't worry about the last part; I've completed around 20 LEGO games (most of them 100%), so it's not my first rodeo. Indy is on my list since it's on PSNow and I already own Incredibles. Debating between Jurassic World and City Undercover mostly on price/sale and complexity.

5 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Oh, don't worry about the last part; I've completed around 20 LEGO games (most of them 100%), so it's not my first rodeo. Indy is on my list since it's on PSNow and I already own Incredibles. Debating between Jurassic World and City Undercover mostly on price/sale and complexity.

Congrats on completing so many, but going by this https://psnprofiles.com/series/89-lego/ArtikSkarab, you also have Lego Movie 2 to look into.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Congrats on completing so many, but going by this https://psnprofiles.com/series/89-lego/ArtikSkarab, you also have Lego Movie 2 to look into.

True, but being the most recent, I would assume it's also the most expensive.

36 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

Hey if I sign up now will my trophies be taken from the start of January or from when I signed up?

I think it's from the official event start, otherwise it'd be weird.Maybe @rahulrx0 could confirm?

On 1/22/2022 at 11:55 PM, steveblazinggrin said:

I am a little confused as to why Assassins's Creed 2 is uneligible. 

I popped the plat for the PS4 version of the game and it seems to align with the rules of eligibility. The average completion percentage is below 75% (65%), the game has 50 trophies excluding the platinum and has no dlc trophies, and the 50th fastest achiever in the 100% club is over 6 hours (1 day 9 hours). I am using the ps4 version of the game for these statistics. Please feel free to correct me if i am misunderstanding the rules.

On 1/23/2022 at 0:08 AM, Fysh_Taco said:

I’m also confused as to why dragon ball z kakarot doesn’t count. It has an average completion of 61%, the 50th fasted 100% is 2 days 7 hours, and the game has a base trophy amount of 42.

Oh god this is an error made on my part. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. The sheet and the post will modified accordingly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be removing these games from the uneligible list.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:23 AM, Toxicmatic- said:

I know the event has already started but just sent a sign up request, I know I can get a platinum before the end of this month. Also, I have two questions

First- do you track are progress for our game stats for the challenge or do we let you know on here or via email ?

Second- the requirements for videos for you YouTube, I know it’s not recommended but I clicked “No” cause im confused about the whole request. Do you want video of random 15-30 seconds clips of the game or just 15-30 seconds of the some trophies & platinums??

Thank you

I track the stats for the challenge myself but lately it's getting very hard for me to track, Still, I am going to do it myself. You can feel free to post your stats yourself and tally them with what I have for better tracking. The video can be anything. From you playing a game to you unlocking a platinum or just the clip of the game, or maybe even you jumping around because you just beat your first boss in Dark Souls. Could be anything. Has to be a video. Let me know if you change your mind.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:45 AM, GuitaristZag said:

@rahulrx0

I also am totally lost at why Kakarot is not eligible. What rule does it break?

I also could make a slight argument against the average completion rule- for example that would mean that Mass Effect 2 and 3 on PS4 aren't eligible for the event despite being genuinely long games. 

Yeah there's a few listed games I don't get why they aren't eligible.

I am going to correct the list soon. The 75% average completion rate rule is there just to make the Platinum games a bit more challenging. That's it. I will be making a whole google sheet which states all the games that are uneligible and why are they uneligible.

On 1/23/2022 at 0:27 PM, Red_Fuse170 said:

Just saw this an I'm wondering if it's still open

This is very much open good sir

On 1/25/2022 at 4:14 AM, MAUSZX said:

Tomb Raider, Grand Theft Auto, Dark Souls, God of War, Spider-Man, Uncharted, The Last of Us (If you'd like to stack on PS3 & PS4)

On 1/25/2022 at 6:09 PM, DORE145 said:

I hope I'm not too late to join.

you're always welcome bro, just sign up using the form.

On 1/25/2022 at 7:31 PM, WiktorM101 said:

I hope it counts.

January - Baldur's Gate: Siege Of Dragonspear

First month completed.

Thank you. i will check the list and update by the end of the month.

19 hours ago, gazdavis11 said:

Hey if I sign up now will my trophies be taken from the start of January or from when I signed up?

from the 7th of january, 12 PM GMT Just use the form in the original post to sign up.

So, congratulations to those who have already completed this month's challenge, and welcome to all those who have just joined us. The final results for the month of january will be declared on the 31st of January, 12PM GMT. Also, I will be a little late in updating the google sheets due to a wedding that i have to attend during the next 3 days. However, I will make sure to update the list and the sheets as promise. I would like to request you all to help me out by posting your trophies before 7 January 2022 12 PM GMT, and trophies you have right now in the following format to make it a little easier on me.

Trophies before starting of the event:-

Bronze - 

Silver - 

Gold - 

Platinum - 

Trophies on <DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM>

Bronze - 

Silver - 

Gold - 

Platinum - 

DLCs completed - 

100% Games - 

I'm able to find my trophies for January 7th through PSNP's stat tracker, however there's no tracker that I know of for DLCs completed.

Anyway, here's the trophies:

Spoiler

Bronze - 6,365

Silver - 2,061

Gold - 769

Platinum - 143

Trophies on 01/27/2022 - 8:05 AM

Bronze - 6,463

Silver - 2,141

Gold - 797

Platinum - 150

100% completed games since event start: 6

DLCs completed since event start: 1

Edited by Darling Baphomet

8 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I'm able to find my trophies for January 7th through PSNP's stat tracker, however there's no tracker that I know of for DLCs completed.

Anyway, here's the trophies:

Hide contents

Bronze - 6,365

Silver - 2,061

Gold - 769

Platinum - 143

Trophies on 01/27/2022 - 8:05 AM

Bronze - 6,463

Silver - 2,141

Gold - 797

Platinum - 150

100% completed games before start: 110

100% completed games now: 116

I think the op means 100% games and dlc that you have gotten simce the beginning of the event.

• Like 2

Trophies before starting of the event:

Bronze 1055

Silver 486

Gold 202

Platinum 43

Trophies on 01/27/2022 6:16 PM

Bronze 1088

Silver 501

Gold 209

Platinum 44

DLC Completed 0

100% Games 3

Note I only have one game that eligible for the challenge which is “The raven” bronze 20.. silver 9.. gold 5.. platinum 1

OK. I'll join. Hopefully I'm doing this right.

Trophies before starting of the event:

Bronze - 7918

Silver - 3132

Gold - 1347

Platinum - 290

Trophies on <01/27/2022 06:35 PM>

Bronze - 7987

Silver - 3171

Gold - 1365

Platinum - 293

I guess any of my three plats this month would work. Guess I'll just use Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights since it was first.

So here is my stats

Trophies before starting of the event:- 12703

Bronze - 8366

Silver - 2910

Gold - 1158

Platinum - 269

Trophies on 29/01/2022 06:30 AM GMT
Total - 12795

Bronze - 84ww

Silver - 2927

Gold - 1174

Platinum - 272

DLCs completed - 0

100% Games - 1 (+2 that games doesn't count by the rules)

So only one of my games counts for this month (I'm fucked... a little, damn you San Andreas with platinum on Jan 6th)

Edited by DORE145
Stats fix

Here's what I got:

Bronze - 14,121

Silver - 3,932

Gold - 1,563

Platinum - 287

Trophies on <28/01/2022 9:41 AM (GMT)>

Bronze - 14,193 (17 invalids)

Silver - 3,952 (7 invalids)

Gold - 1,569 (1 invalid)

Platinum - 289

DLCs completed - 1 (1 Invalid)

100% Games - 2 (GTA 3 Definitive and MK11)

Did complete some stuff on invalid games, but separated them for convenience (as of writing: Cuboid and Master Duel). Total valid trophies for the February challenge should be at 75 from my count.

Trophies on 28/01/2022 06:30 AM GMT

Bronze - 12787

Silver - 8418

Gold - 1174

Platinum - 272

You grabbed the wrong stats for your count: 12787 is your total and your bronze and silver count should be 8418 and 2923

Edited by ArtikSkarab

Bronze - 8998

Silver - 3368

Gold - 1638

Platinum - 287

Trophies on <28/01/2022 8:50 p.m. GMT.

Bronze - 9111

Silver - 3396

Gold - 1653

Platinum - 290

DLCs completed - 9

100% Games - (do games with only platinum count?) If platinum then 3. If only games with DLC: 2. If the 100% has to be started from the beginning of the event 1.

• Like 1