The Platinum Games (Ongoing) (SIGN-UPS Closed)

On 25/2/2022 at 6:07 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

I'm usually not great on competitive team events, but only needing to not be last does help. I do have a couple of questions about the rules:

• Points counted from everything earned during the event or only through March?
  • Related, platinum earned by all 4 only during the event?
  • Can you get the 100% bonus if you've already cleared the base game (DLC only)?
  • Can we get a list of which games were counted as the January plats, since some people did multiple during that month

points only count for march. Anything that you do i march counts as march stuff. So yes , the platinum also should be obtained in march. You can get the 100% bonus even if you have cleared the base game. The game itself should meet the requirements of the main event. I am going to remove the “january platinum not counting” rule from all events to make it a bit easy and competitive. 

18 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

I don't know what this means... does this mean everything done in this challenge count with the exception of the first platinum? or I don't know what this means lol sorry.

Meaning is this challenge count only for what we do in march or does it count from the beginning with the exception of the 1st plat? Or is there any variation depending on each requisite?

The challenge only counts the trophies you obtain in march itself, not since the beginning of the event. 

i will make a separate google sheets to track this as well. 

i am sorry for not being able update the trophy tracker for feb. this will be done very very soon. 

the teams will be announced tonight itself. Communication between the teammates can be done however they like. 

The teams are being announced as follows:-

Team 1

1. Toxicmatic- - Leader
  2. MAUSZX
  3. GuitaristZag
  4. Brucemaan

Team 2

1. J_GONZA_PR69 - Leader
  2. steveblazinggrin
  3. RogueAgent-Code7
  4. lukeeegraham

Team 3

1. Gazdavis11 - Leader
  2. ArtikSkarab
  3. WiktorM101
  4. Lumdubz

Team 4

1. Komqu - Leader
  2. vvinushan
  3. J4MES_T1GER
  4. DarlingBaphomet

Team 5

1. DORE145 - Leader
  2. MattbluePT
  3. B1ngBangBOsh
  4. Fysh_Taco

The leaders have till beginning of March to assign their teams names. Otherwise the name will be chosen at random. Get cracking people!

On 25/2/2022 at 3:53 AM, rahulrx0 said:

Again, as in the first challenge, you need to pop at least 5 more trophies from those games (excluding the platinum) in order for them to count, at the time of beginning of the games.

Last question I hope. I get the rule itself has applied for the entire challenge, but in this specific month, let's say I have a game that I started in February and I am 2 trophies away from the platinum... If I pop this ones they won't count at all in the terms of march challenge or do those count as long as I started the game in the event? Just to be 100% clear.

12 minutes ago, MAUSZX said:

Last question I hope. I get the rule itself has applied for the entire challenge, but in this specific month, let's say I have a game that I started in February and I am 2 trophies away from the platinum... If I pop this ones they won't count at all in the terms of march challenge or do those count as long as I started the game in the event? Just to be 100% clear.

The platinum will count in the whole event, but not for the particular march challenge. It is only fair for everyone to start almost fresh in this months challenge. 

the name has to be chosen by the leader. If the leader doesn’t name anything, the name proposed by teammates can be used. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

Let's go team.

@Toxicmatic-

@GuitaristZag

@Brucemaan

1. You are free to send me dm if you want to talk about what strategy to do or whatever.
  2. Remember the rule of 75% percent and that stuff still applies. So no Mayo games lol

As a team I propose as name :

The Toxic guitar mouse named Bruce. Lol

Sure our team name is "Toxic Guitar Mouse Named Bruce"

Let go team! we got this, make sure the games you play meet the rules of the challenge.
Lets aim for 5 platinum's a week or more
Make you guys keep track of your points and at the end of the month send me your psn ID and ill count it up and see what we got
Actually if you guys have discord ill make a server for this month challenge @MAUSZX @GuitaristZag @brucemaan  send me your discord id and ill invite ya

Update** i sent discord server invite via message on psnp so check it

@rahulrx0 also, if i platinumed a game last month but didnt finish the DLCs, i can finish them this month & they will count for march??

Edited by Toxicmatic-

14 hours ago, Toxicmatic- said:

also, if i platinumed a game last month but didnt finish the DLCs, i can finish them this month & they will count for march??

Yes. It counts. The platinum itself does not count, but the 100% completion and the remaining trophies will be counted. Basically whatever you do in march counts except a few exceptions. 

So the challenge for March will be started from 1st of March, 2022, at 12:00 PM GMT. 

Here are the teams:-

Toxic Guitar Mouse Named Bruce

1. Toxicmatic- - Leader
  2. MAUSZX
  3. GuitaristZag
  4. Brucemaan

Team Sly Cooper

1. J_GONZA_PR69 - Leader
  2. steveblazinggrin
  3. RogueAgent-Code7
  4. lukeeegraham

Team Nathan Drake

1. Gazdavis11 - Leader
  2. ArtikSkarab
  3. WiktorM101
  4. Lumdubz

Team Kat

1. Komqu - Leader
  2. vvinushan
  3. J4MES_T1GER
  4. DarlingBaphomet

Team Ratchet & Clank

1. DORE145 - Leader
  2. MattbluePT
  3. B1ngBangBOsh
  4. Fysh_Taco
  • Like 4

I have updated the info for march challenge a little. Please have a look.

March - Team Event

So this is the third month of the year 2022. You all will be divided into teams of FOUR and are going to compete against each other in terms of points. Each team will have to score points, and the team with the least points at the end of the month will be eliminated. The point system will be as follows:-

• 1 point for a Bronze Trophy.
  • 2 points for a Silver Trophy.
  • 3 points for a Gold Trophy.
  • 5 points for a Platinum Trophy
  • 5 additional points to each player of the team if the same Platinum is earned by all four.
  • 5 points for 100%-ing a game (only if the game has at least 2 DLCs with at least 2 trophies in each DLC)
  • 100 additional points will be awarded to the team who gets 25 Platinum Trophies during this challenge.
  • Every 1000 points grants 100 additional points.
  • 50 Additional Points to a player for getting 5 Platinum Trophies during the month.

The teams have been chosen at random and will be announced shortly. The rules for the trophies are the same as the entire event. Again, as in the first challenge, you need to pop at least 5 more trophies from those games (excluding the platinum) in order for them to count, at the time of beginning of the Platinum Games Event.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rahulrx0 said:

The teams have been chosen at random and will be announced shortly. The rules for the trophies are the same as the entire event. Again, as in the first challenge, you need to pop at least 5 more trophies from those games (excluding the platinum) in order for them to count, at the time of beginning of the Platinum Games Event.

So, just to be sure, if I have a game in which I only have 5 trophies left including the platinum, in the begining of this month, it will still count if at the start of the event (January) i had the 5 trophies excluding the plat required, am I right? I have this doubt because of Handball 16, i currently only have 5 trophies to do but did one last month.

PS: I checked the Google Sheets and one 100% and the 8 dlc's completed remain missing. Plus the trophies done since the last update from January, at least.

Edited by MattbluePT

On 3/3/2022 at 10:04 AM, J_GONZA_PR69 said:

Not gonna lie I forgot this was a thing because I think I said I would participate at the end of 2021 and I kinda just forgot I was in this...

So how am I doing?

How you doing? You Passed the first 2 months (which those were fairly easy tbh).

Update: You are dead last in the March Challenge.

Edited by MAUSZX

3 minutes ago, Fysh_Taco said:

@DORE145

@MattbluePT

@B1ngBangBOsh

If you guys got any games/ideas for the march challenge let me know. i will continue to churn out as many points as i can.

On another note: @rahulrx0, since our team leader never responded with a name, can other team members propose one?

Personally id prefer "Don't Get Last" as a reminder lol

Don't have anything in specific, but I'm trying to go for Handball 16, Batman Arkham Asylum, NFS:MW (PS Vita) and if i have time, Motorstorm Apocalypse. Let's see what we can do.

Also would prefer that name.Though i like ratchet & clank as characters, i guess the name isn't the best fit for our team

Just now, MattbluePT said:

Don't have anything in specific, but I'm trying to go for Handball 16, Batman Arkham Asylum, NFS:MW (PS Vita) and if i have time, Motorstorm Apocalypse. Let's see what we can do.

Also would prefer that name.Though i like ratchet & clank as characters, i guess the name isn't the best fit for our team

I do think it would make it easier to recognize which team is ours.

I will be playing dead by daylight, assassins creed brotherhood/revelations, team sonic racing, and anything else that will help produce points. gonna go for 5 platinum trophies this month if i can.

On 3/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, MattbluePT said:

So, just to be sure, if I have a game in which I only have 5 trophies left including the platinum, in the begining of this month, it will still count if at the start of the event (January) i had the 5 trophies excluding the plat required, am I right? I have this doubt because of Handball 16, i currently only have 5 trophies to do but did one last month.

PS: I checked the Google Sheets and one 100% and the 8 dlc's completed remain missing. Plus the trophies done since the last update from January, at least.

Yes. You understand correctly. I will update your stats accordingly thanks for sharing.

On 3/3/2022 at 10:34 PM, J_GONZA_PR69 said:

Not gonna lie I forgot this was a thing because I think I said I would participate at the end of 2021 and I kinda just forgot I was in this...

So how am I doing?

You can see for yourself in the google sheets.

On 3/4/2022 at 3:25 AM, MAUSZX said:

How you doing? You Passed the first 2 months (which those were fairly easy tbh).

lol yeah

On 3/4/2022 at 4:43 AM, Fysh_Taco said:

@DORE145

@MattbluePT

@B1ngBangBOsh

If you guys got any games/ideas for the march challenge let me know. i will continue to churn out as many points as i can.

On another note: @rahulrx0, since our team leader never responded with a name, can other team members propose one?

Personally id prefer "Don't Get Last" as a reminder lol

Lol Done. I will update the name.

A little note. I know the updation of stats is very very delayed. It is just very difficult to do every player in one go. But I promise you that everyone will get to know whether they are eliminated or not by the end of the month, and the games will keep running smoothly. Thank You!

• Like 2