Thoughts on the trophies?

Banana_Sausage47

8 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

So this aged well.... Im enjoying it so much im writing the trophy guide for it ? ?

I was considering doing the same but I've got too much on IRL to write one properly. Plus it's a big beast to tackle as my first one ?

Happy to contribute/help though. Got experience playing the PC version too. ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CptToffer said:

I was considering doing the same but I've got too much on IRL to write one properly. Plus it's a big beast to tackle as my first one 1f602.png

Happy to contribute/help though. Got experience playing the PC version too. 1f44d.png

Thanks for the offer mate but ill be tackling this one solo as i've already invested a good amount into the base guide and DLCs :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Thanks for the offer mate but ill be tackling this one solo as i've already invested a good amount into the base guide and DLCs :)

No worries at all. Like I say, would have been my first and I took one look at the instructions to writing a guide and knew I wouldn't have time for it. Helped maintain a gaming website in the past so if you want anything proof-read or looked at for editing, happy to help ? Good luck and can't wait to read the finished product. 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2022 at 6:02 PM, gnova said:

No one has gotten a gold promotion yet? Wow

It's going to take a long time to get just 1 Dwarf to Gold 1 so don't expect anyone to legitimately get this trophy until either the end of this month or early next month.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's going to take at least 180hrs to get 1 Dwarf to Gold 1 so don't expect anyone to legitimately get this trophy until either the end of this month or early next month. To get all 4 dwarfs to Gold 1, will take 3 months at the earliest.

Silver-3.jpg

I saw this guy with level 3 Silver yesterday, so he must have gotten Gold 1 by now.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Any tips on bittergems? Did you find they spawn more on a certain mission type? I havnt seen a single one yet and only 1 alien box

Honestly no. The chances for a bittergem to spawn in a level is 1/21. Most likely the fastest way to find them is to play “point extraction” because the map small. But since you need to sink a lot of time anyway it will come naturally. 

Edited by Yuichiro-Akuhei
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yuichiro-Akuhei said:

Honestly no. The chances for a bittergem to spawn in a level is 1/21. Most likely the fastest way to find them is to play “point extraction” because the map small. But since you need to sink a lot of time anyway it will come naturally. 

Yeah will get it eventually, I started as Gunner so will Gold him first then likely move on to Driller

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:44 AM, Ac3dUd3- said:

So this aged well.... Im enjoying it so much im writing the trophy guide for it 1f602.png 1f602.png

Not to discourage on the guide but I thought you needed to get the plat to post it. 

Btw on the gems/gold chunk/error the wiki doesn't say much but I'm sure the mission modifier "Mineral Manía" forces one of the 3 to spawn on the map. 100% of the time I got one of the 3 or even 2 at the same time.

Edited by Radgeck

1 hour ago, Radgeck said:

Not to discourage on the guide but I thought you needed to get the plat to post it. 

Btw on the gems/gold chunk/error the wiki doesn't say much but I'm sure the mission modifier "Mineral Manía" forces one of the 3 to spawn on the map. 100% of the time I got one of the 3 or even 2 at the same time.

Don't need plat, a majority of trophies though to show that you know what you are writing about, but it is a case by case basis. There is like 8 trophies relating to promotions, you dont need to unlock all trophies to know how to do it etc

I think the game could be a 6-7/10 difficulty, the Haz 5 trophies will be the hardest and will need a great team for it. I was able to get the trophy for not going down during a Haz 5 mission on my first one. The easiest to do this would be the 4 egg hunts or 200 Morkite missions. You will definitely need Cryocannon/Driller, have all 5 perk slots unlocked (Field medic, resupplier, vampire, etc.), some damn good communication and exploit all meta in the game when you need to. Yeah it was quite an experience but that is the hardest part of the platinum for the base game. Everything else will come naturally since you have to promote every class to Gold. The other hard trophy that is just as crazy as this is the elite Deep Dive, but haven't tried it yet, pretty scary. This game has been amazing and it has been hard for me to put it down. Best of luck to you guys this game is a gem!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Don't need plat, a majority of trophies though to show that you know what you are writing about, but it is a case by case basis. There is like 8 trophies relating to promotions, you dont need to unlock all trophies to know how to do it etc

Was thinking more of "the website doesn't let you publish the guide unless you got the plat" sort of deal, but if it's not a requirement, best of luck!

My first promotion came in after 67 completed games for the driller.

67 games * 4 dwarfs * 7 (1 promotion is 1/7 of the way to gold) = 1 876 games for gold with each character.

If you do 10 minute games: (1876 * 10) / 60 = 312,6h

312,6h efficient hours and 1876 games without adding loading times and re gearing times.

This assuming you don't lose a mission. You will only get 25% of xp for a lost mission.

How to speed up?
Hazard 5, point extraction with the lowest amount of resources required to complete the mission, while being 4 players focusing strictly on main & side mission.

Best way to farm it: is just to join games in progress and carry them out to the end, and do as many as double XP missions solo when they are up and join games when the 30 minute rotation goes, you can easily do 20k XP on average even on haz 2/3 in 10 minutes, plus you can finish started games in 5 minutes

My biggest concern is not the time sink for leveling every dwarf... what really is making me hesitant about going for the platinum are the multiplayer trophies which require a lot of coordination and team work, those are usually impossible to get in a PUG, and I don't know if there will be people interested or available by the time I get to play and achieve a level high enough to try them... 

14 minutes ago, Kefka1986 said:

My biggest concern is not the time sink for leveling every dwarf... what really is making me hesitant about going for the platinum are the multiplayer trophies which require a lot of coordination and team work, those are usually impossible to get in a PUG, and I don't know if there will be people interested or available by the time I get to play and achieve a level high enough to try them... 

You have nothing to worry about there :). This game is going to be very active for a long time (being a PS Plus freebie will see to that), plus it won't be hard to get a Session going if you get stuck. There are a lot of hints, tips and build videos on Youtube if your current strategies aren't working for you. Once I get my 4th character to Bronze 1, I'm going to get some Overclock Weapon mods made for my chosen character and start tackling the Hazard trophies :).

• Like 2