EU plat% vs NA

• 1 year later...

My theory is that the more invested, “game-centric” audience (to which most achievement hunters/ trophy hunters belong) is much more evenly split between Xbox and Playstation in the US.

In Europe, Xbox has much less market share, so the more serious console gaming base isn’t as split - they are almost all on Playstation.

Therefore, almost all games are less rare in the EU versions on Playstation.

38 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

My theory is that the more invested, “game-centric” audience (to which most achievement hunters/ trophy hunters belong) is much more evenly split between Xbox and Playstation in the US.

In Europe, Xbox has much less market share, so the more serious console gaming base isn’t as split - they are almost all on Playstation.

Therefore, almost all games are less rare in the EU versions on Playstation.

Im not 100% sure about your statement because at least in Poland more people who were into 100% games and just casual gaming  played on Xbox 360 and One and if you look on TrueAchievements any game with regional stacks are always the same. NA higher ratio EU lower and Japan games are always like some sort of joke with low af ratio. After the Halo series and Gears of War going into gutter people start trophy hunting but if you look at old games like 360 era  it was the same so I think people from EU are just more into 100%/plat. 

Back in old days in my school only like 2 people had ps3 and only one of my friend had a ps3 and after like month he exchanged it for a brand new xbox 360.

1 minute ago, Demek97 said:

Im not 100% sure about your statement because at least in Poland more people who were into 100% games and just casual gaming  played on Xbox 360 and One and if you look on TrueAchievements any game with regional stacks are always the same. NA higher ratio EU lower and Japan games are always like some sort of joke with low af ratio. After the Halo series and Gears of War going into gutter people start trophy hunting but if you look at old games like 360 era  it was the same so I think people from EU are just more into 100%/plat. 

Back in old days in my school only like 2 people had ps3 and only one of my friend had a ps3 and after like month he exchanged it for a brand new xbox 360.

Interesting - here in Scotland,, it's always seemed the opposite - most folks I knew growing up (and know now) were/ are heavily into PS, and maybe a few also had an Xbox... but not many had only the Xbox, or were way into it.

Still, most folks who are quote-unquote "serious" about their gaming tend to be PS if they are into console gaming.

All anecdotal of course - though I think statistically, Xbox'x larger market share n the US as opposed to Europe generally is pretty well confirmed.

• Like 1

So maybe its because people in US speak english and EU had so many countries with different languages that not all achievement/trophy hunters log into sites like TA or PSN, because if I'm correct this site only count people who made an account thus making EU stacks more common because of it. 

For a quick example one of my friend is achievement hunter but dont speak/understand english so he dont use TA. 

On 10.1.2022 at 5:16 PM, Vern3r0z said:

How come the plat % for EU is almost twice as much (5.09 vs. 2.52)? Is there any actual difference in the versions or is it just a coincidence?

The EU gamers are more skilled.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

Maybe the hardcore gamers are on PlayStation in Europe (check sales for the regions). For US they might be more on Xbox.

Only on PS3 / 360 generation more hardcore gamers were on the Xbox in Europe. Multiplatform releases were most of the times best on the 360 and offcourse there is Xbox Live.

5 hours ago, Demek97 said:

Debatable, to be honest. Every single person I know who was or still is into completing games with 100% started with PlayStation 3, then moved to PS4 and, now, 5 (or have not yet moved to 5).

I support the theory that more people in Europe are playing on Sony's consoles rather than on Xboxes. People I know who had old xbox consoles had them because it was easy to crack them and run bootleg game copies on them.

Those numbers reflect # of copies sold vs the amount of those copies being finished to 100% or the platinum that are uploaded to this site

so youre comparing the 65k NA game owners vs the 19k EU game owners

yeah, sure..those numbers will clearly vary because the NA market outsold the EU market 3 to 1

quick napkin math shows that theyre about the same average completion, taking into account that NA almost has 3.5 times the player base (or game ownership)

Edited by Property_Damage

1 hour ago, the_real_culture said:

As a US player that uses this site, whenever I use the "Gaming Session" here for online trophies, I notice that play alongside EU and UK players a majority of the time. It tells me that EU and UK players make up most of the demographics for this site. Of course that's just my experience.

Isn't UK part of Europe anymore? It was last time i cheked. Anyways did you see the JP version it's at 7% I think so what does that tell you?