Edge of Eternity trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been looking forward to exploring this seemingly awesome game for such a long time but I can't shake the feeling that there will be game-breaking issues as well as trophy bugs and unobtainable trophies at release which would be a real shame for the preservation of the physical copies since it would be broken game or trophy-wise on version 1.00.

10 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

I have also been looking forward to exploring this seemingly awesome game for such a long time but I can't shake the feeling that there will be game-breaking issues as well as trophy bugs and unobtainable trophies at release which would be a real shame for the preservation of the physical copies since it would be broken game or trophy-wise on version 1.00.

I also have the same feeling. I have that Astria Ascending Vibes when it comes to trophies. Realy want to play this game, but have to wait the reactions.

• Like 1

picked this up earlier, as i ordered it aways back - Just started it, and all i can say so far is the tutorial kinda treats ya as if you've never played a game, ever. and Ok I can respect that. - but it's a bit too "this is how you play a ATB game" 

There is a "day 1 patch" with Alot of bug, UI and Misc fixes, and added quests. 

might be a bit of a grind depending on if the flow of battle speeds up or not.
*edit:
playing PS4 ver on PS5, And the Texture pop in & out is Terrible. - honestly kinda feels like a Mobile game - that was apoor port from pc-

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

Collecting the 100 fruits is kind of bugged, sometimes they don’t register properly and you have to load a previous save… or start again ? Currently playing on GamePass and checking if this happens on consoles, but I guess it definetely will happen.

Edited by ryuzakix5

Just discovered, If you can't pass a puzzle because you need a 3rd person. And you let the time pass to get out of puzzle, and opt out to Not "retry battle"
you will get a game over..  (thou luckly the game auto saves right before the puzzle attempt, still stupid )

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

11 hours ago, ryuzakix5 said:

Collecting the 100 fruits is kind of bugged, sometimes they don’t register properly and you have to load a previous save… or start again 1f440.png Currently playing on GamePass and checking if this happens on consoles, but I guess it definetely will happen.

I just collected my 10th Crystal fruit in The Marsh of Alasea, and the trophy for 10th Fruit didn't pop

so might still be bugged out

at Fruit #21 (all Avaliable fruits in CH1 - thou Ch7 fruits have been added to Ch (1-6) so - 25 is max in ch 1 - still hasn't poped.  - Might have to turn them into NPC (Grant)

Edit:
Trophy poped apon giving him his 10 Crystals and getting the reward - so ya could hold all 100 then turn them in. for 10 / 50 75 / 100

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

8 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

glad i canceled my order of this garbage game.

I’m actually REALLY disappointed in this game… :/ between glitches, graphics, voice acting, and just everything overall, I’m straight up not having a good time. Only reason I’m still playing is because I want to be able to say I DID give it a shot. 

*playing on Xbox Gamepass just fyi

Edited by BlueMageBlake

57 minutes ago, BlueMageBlake said:

I’m actually REALLY disappointed in this game… :/ between glitches, graphics, voice acting, and just everything overall, I’m straight up not having a good time. Only reason I’m still playing is because I want to be able to say I DID give it a shot. 

*playing on Xbox Gamepass just fyi

yeah, i preordered physical. forgot it was on gamepass, so technically i can still play it if i want. Thanks for the reminder. 

as for the 65$ i paid for ps5 version, ill just get it transferred to my Ghostwire Tokyo deluxe and pay it off lol

On 2/10/2022 at 0:01 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

picked this up earlier, as i ordered it aways back - Just started it, and all i can say so far is the tutorial kinda treats ya as if you've never played a game, ever. and Ok I can respect that. - but it's a bit too "this is how you play a ATB game" 

There is a "day 1 patch" with Alot of bug, UI and Misc fixes, and added quests. 

might be a bit of a grind depending on if the flow of battle speeds up or not.
*edit:
playing PS4 ver on PS5, And the Texture pop in & out is Terrible. - honestly kinda feels like a Mobile game - that was apoor port from pc-

Is there any particular reason you are playing the PS4 version on the PS5 instead of downloading the free PS5 upgrade and playing the PS5 version on the PS5?

I am not seeing really bad texture pop in and out yet with the PS5 version but I am still fairly early. There are certainly some texture glitches though in the ocean, where it looks like blocks of texture in the distance weirdly on the other proper looking ocean. 

4 hours ago, Halaster said:

Is there any particular reason you are playing the PS4 version on the PS5 instead of downloading the free PS5 upgrade and playing the PS5 version on the PS5?

I am not seeing really bad texture pop in and out yet with the PS5 version but I am still fairly early. There are certainly some texture glitches though in the ocean, where it looks like blocks of texture in the distance weirdly on the other proper looking ocean. 

I had pre-ordered the PS4 version through Best buy thinking I had grabbed the PS5 version and I just haven't bothered to grab the free upgrade I'll eventually likely Platinum the PS4 version and then slog my way through the PS5 version just for that extra Platinum, and I've been using my PS5 to play most of my PS4 titles as my PS4 is acting up, slow and running loud. - destiny launch edition, and my pro is starting to do the same. Sad to say my PS3 feels to run smoother.  Even tho I crack them open an clean them frequently.

I'm noticing a lot of texture pop in/out there will be those big spruce trees they'll pop in and pop out or their leaves will just be dark shadows floating 20 ft above the ground or the ground textures will be a shiny oil slick teal color or the armor will go from the dark black brown? Armor scheme to a again shiny slick teal color.

Like an oil slick

I've seen plants popping and out I've seen monsters pop in and out, or they won't show on minimap till after ya ran past em 3 times.

Atleast quest markers are accurate lol

Glad I used a $off coupon on this title. 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2022. 03. 10. at 5:31 PM, SuperZay said:

So why 2 trophies are still not obtainable? For "Try to find the enemy’s weakness 40 times'' you need to find the weaknesses of 40 different enemy types (as in a bestiary), or it does not work?

There was a patch downloaded today, anybody knows what it did?

For "Weakness Finder", I believe it's just that. Find the enemy weakness for 40 enemies for the first time

If you look at the rarity of Steam Achievements https://steamcommunity.com/stats/269190/achievements and the first guy to achieve this on here https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15181-edge-of-eternity/WhoDidntKnowThat?order=date it suggests, you don't have to completly fill the "weakness card" of 40 enemies. The rarity is just too high and early in the game to include that.

Thing is, we are fucked, because we already filled most of our weakness cards. And I, for that matter, have a lot of enemies missing from the beastiary even though I completely filled their weakness card.

As for the Crystal Fruits, I already went the whole map twice before I discovered this is bugged, so I didn't wanna try again today.

In conclusion, this Plat will elude me, because I can't be arsed to play this piece of shit game again.

EDIT: The treasure trophy is easy. Just load a save where you are sure you have looted over 140 chests, but not all and loot a chest, the trophy will pop instantly. If you didn't make a save every chapter for instance, then you are fucked for this trophy too, except you walk every map again and look for a missed chest.

EDIT2: Did I mention this game is garbage? What happened to QA? Back in the day with Cartridges or even CDs you had one chance to make it right. Nowadays everyone just fucks up and thinks "Hey, I can patch this shit". Ubisoft, Bioware, whatever, I can understand, they are big enough to take the hit, they don't care. But Indie devs? What the fuck? They need all the support they can get. I'd wager even ten less buyers mean something for them. All the more reason to fucking QA your fucking piece of shit game. How difficult is it to once, just once, Platinum or XBOX equivalent 100% your own game to prove you didn't fuck up?

Edited by Demortuus

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 10:11 PM, zXShermanXz said:

Does anyone have an update to the obtainability of trophies? I see a few recent plays and was wondering if patches fixed some of the issues. If anyone currently playing could give me an idea of the current game state I would appreciate it. 

honestly besides finding all the crystal fruit, its a very streamlined trophy list. Beating the game will net you most of the trophies. Nightmare only proves a problem mid game. 

I am missing one fruit and just a few misc trophies away from plat which will take no time. 

Edited by vividamage123
added

• 1 month later...