Wow. This is not a good remaster.

ArtMontef

• 3 weeks later...

What can I say.. even the main screen has huge visual bug. 60fps mode looks like PS2 game. I have to play in 30fps mode and I hate that. Original game was 60fps. Full of bugs too. Everything is either too dark or too bright, there is no right gamma setting. I loved the original games, but would never pre-order this mess again. Or buy anything else they make. And they will not fix it, they never fixed True Colors either. It crashes every time.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Game just got updated to patch 1.06, patch notes say "fixes to the game for stability and quality"
And here are the official patch notes:
Life is Strange Remastered Patch 1.06 Notes – June 29, 2022

• · (PS4/PS5) Further fixes to graphical corruption occurs at the edge of the screen fix
  • · (PS4/PS5) Solar Flare causing graphic corruption on Main Menu fix
  • Xbox – Episode 5 Audio/Screen – Screen issue fix available, further fixes to music under investigation
Edited by AsDaylightBurns

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to provide an update after having platinumed both remastered versions of this game and Before the Storm.

Before the Storm is pretty much fixed. Absolutely no significant issues there whatsoever.

Unfortunately, the original isn't quite there yet. Episode 1 and 2 were fine, no issues, but I encountered a bug in episode 3 where Max sank through the floor when trying to break into Principle Wells' office. This was fixed with a quick reload and not too much progress was lost.

Episode 4 had a crash early on in the school campus and I lost quite a bit of progress. That said, I personally love to explore and do non critical conversations so this was an annoyance for me. For those just doing the bare minimum this won't affect you too much.

I also encountered a softlock bug at the barn where the game teleported me to ground level after solving the puzzle, but it still thought I was on the platform and wouldn't give me the prompt for the Prescott bunker. Fixed with a reload but lost progress on that too. Again YMMV here depending on playstyle.

Episode 5 had a glitch where it hung when focusing on the photo in the art gallery. Reload fixed it. Also crashed during the stealth sequence once I sat on the catch. Didn't lose much progress as the game mercifully checkpoints you here.

Other than that though it was fine. Depends on your tolerance level for these things and how much you like to explore, as checkpoints aren't as generous here as Before the Storm. I highly doubt that any future patches will fix these remaining issues as Deck Nine has provided almost 2 years worth of patches and there's still the remnants of a busted game. If you wanna hold off for a few months just in case Square Enix pull the finger out then fine, but I personally would just jump in and make sure you upload your save to the cloud after every episode. Still a fantastic game though (despite the terrible final episode).

22 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Just wanted to provide an update after having platinumed both remastered versions of this game and Before the Storm.

Before the Storm is pretty much fixed. Absolutely no significant issues there whatsoever.

Unfortunately, the original isn't quite there yet

Just picked up the Remaster set after the recent sale that was like 60% off or something like that. Did you play on PS4 or PS5? I'd be looking to play these on my PS5, and that seems to be the majority of people speaking up in this thread so I'm a little nervous

3 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Just picked up the Remaster set after the recent sale that was like 60% off or something like that. Did you play on PS4 or PS5? I'd be looking to play these on my PS5, and that seems to be the majority of people speaking up in this thread so I'm a little nervous

Played it on PS5 but I doubt platform makes a difference because in the early days of this release there seemed to be problems across the board.

I think you'll be fine to be honest. I had 2 crashes in 16 hours, 2 bugs and one stall and they were all sorted by just reloading the checkpoint.  When all is said and done I probably lost about 1 hour from crashes and bugs which isn't too bad for someone who likes to painstakingly observe every item that can be interacted with. If you do only the bare minimum to progress you'll lose far less should a crash occur. Trophies popped without problem as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2023 at 4:22 PM, BobSpeed1 said:

Just finished the game and didn’t have any major problems. Never played the originals though.

A few audio sync problems but only a few and didn’t really cause much of an issue. They were great either way.

Well they might have fixed the issues so long after, believe me, on day 1 it was a shit show lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...