Missable Side Quest (That has collectibles in it)

FielVeredus

Is there any misable side quest that has collectibles in it ? 

I would like to free myself and play the game like normal at least until i get glider so i can do mop up while waiting for proper walkthrough but I fear that by doing that I will advance the game too far and while I do all side quest that come across me immediately, I am sure that it will not be all the side quest the game currently offer so chance is I will likely miss some if any.

1 hour ago, FielVeredus said:

Is there any misable side quest that has collectibles in it ? 

I would like to free myself and play the game like normal at least until i get glider so i can do mop up while waiting for proper walkthrough but I fear that by doing that I will advance the game too far and while I do all side quest that come across me immediately, I am sure that it will not be all the side quest the game currently offer so chance is I will likely miss some if any.

Just play the game...

And if you miss anything, then play it again...

2 hours ago, Baba_Ghoul said:

i just finished the game (not a ending spoiler btw)

Hide contents

you can keep playing after beating it also reverts story choices so you can play unfished quest so should be able to clean up anything you missed or got locked out of from picking sides it seems

Thanks for confirming that. I feel aside the prologue collectables they'd make it so you can get everything. Can I ask about the faction rewards? I've only hit 3 facilities and gave the perks to the PK faction, though I have one point in survivors - did you see this? I wonder if there is a wider alignment system based on activities such as rescuing people and unlocking windmills etc.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StilRh said:

Thanks for confirming that. I feel aside the prologue collectables they'd make it so you can get everything. Can I ask about the faction rewards? I've only hit 3 facilities and gave the perks to the PK faction, though I have one point in survivors - did you see this? I wonder if there is a wider alignment system based on activities such as rescuing people and unlocking windmills etc.

imo PK upgrades are only good for the auto crossbow the survivors get the better upgrades especially with the air vents but either will have the same type of activities like getting the windmills it will be orange instead of blue basically also if you're asking if it resets the faction stuff it does not from what i can tell all mine are still the same  

Edited by Baba_Ghoul
  • Like 1

There's 250 collectibles and no one has found them all, so it's going to be impossible to play the game and not miss something.  They've already confirmed NG+ is coming so just be as thorough as you feel like and mop up the rest when they're all found and NG+ drops.

Edited by JunkSkelington
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

There's 250 collectibles and no one has found them all, so it's going to be impossible to play the game and not miss something.  They've already confirmed NG+ is coming so just be as thorough as you feel like and mop up the rest when they're all found and NG+ drops.

In fact, I have almost all of the collectibles. For example, I'm only missing 3, but I've invested almost 200 hours and I'm running out of fun. Every building looks the same from the inside and sometimes you don't recognize the golden symbol of the collectibles. Some are even missable too! But enough about this. However, it's doable, you just need some patience. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Baba_Ghoul said:

imo PK upgrades are only good for the auto crossbow the survivors get the better upgrades especially with the air vents but either will have the same type of activities like getting the windmills it will be orange instead of blue basically also if you're asking if it resets the faction stuff it does not from what i can tell all mine are still the same  

can you get someone to drop the crossbow for you ?

by that you can simply skip PK and go all in for Survivor that should save time to mop up collectible later

10 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

can you get someone to drop the crossbow for you ?

by that you can simply skip PK and go all in for Survivor that should save time to mop up collectible later

I'm sure you can i wanna say I've seen a video saying you can get it later on if you didn't side with PK but I'm not 100% on that 

14 hours ago, Hinsusta said:

In fact, I have almost all of the collectibles. For example, I'm only missing 3, but I've invested almost 200 hours and I'm running out of fun. Every building looks the same from the inside and sometimes you don't recognize the golden symbol of the collectibles. Some are even missable too! But enough about this. However, it's doable, you just need some patience. 

Impressive!

i lost fun After 3hours 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hinsusta said:

200 hours!? How is that even possible? The game has only been out for like 5 days unless you got an early review copy.

• Like 1

According to PowerPyx’s guide there are missable side quests, but I don’t know which ones or if they have collectibles (I didn’t scroll much farther in case there were story spoilers).

EDIT: I looked at PlayStation Trophies's guide and they're saying that you want to make a backup save before the main quest where you meet Veronica Ryan (the Known Associate trophy) because after you finish that quest is when some areas become unavailable. It's late in the game (from what I've read there's 22 main quests and the one with Veronica Ryan is the 19th). So it sounds like you can either make a backup there, get all of the other trophies and then return to that backup to finish off the collectibles or you can go around and get all the collectibles before starting that quest.

Here is a link to their guide for anyone who wants it: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/dying-light-2/guide/

Edited by SnakeSound222

I just encountered one myself, if you are choosing survivors as your assigned locations you'll miss out on Villedor Newscast #4 tape. The garrison location (below new dawn in the second place) needs to be assigned to PK. Then you can get the tape. Jus thad to hop between peoples games waiting to get it!