The 2022 Winter Hate thread.

RadiantFlamberge

After getting out from all that disgusting snow from Winter Storm Landon, it's down to barely 20 degrees. Enough already.

I'd rather deal with 90s, heavy sun (bring it on... I hardly ever get sunburn), high humidity (in winter it's not humid enough... chapped lips and chipped nails are no fun!), and even mosquitoes instead of short days (rather have it be daylight until 9 PM), snow, ice, frost, static, static cling, and all that other shit. I'd move south to Florida if there weren't hurricanes.

Winter can go to H-E-double-hockey-sticks. Who else is sick of it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

After getting out from all that disgusting snow from Winter Storm Landon, it's down to barely 20 degrees. Enough already.

I'd rather deal with 90s, heavy sun (bring it on... I hardly ever get sunburn), high humidity (in winter it's not humid enough... chapped lips and chipped nails are no fun!), and even mosquitoes instead of short days (rather have it be daylight until 9 PM), snow, ice, frost, static, static cling, and all that other shit. I'd move south to Florida if there weren't hurricanes.

Winter can go to H-E-double-hockey-sticks. Who else is sick of it?

well, winter is starting to go away here. But now we have slightly warmer weather and hundreds of thousands of idiots protesting vaccine mandates and masks etc. 

At least if we had the snow storm still, most of them would stay inside

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I'd move south to Florida if there weren't hurricanes.

Trust me. Hurricanes are nothing compared to snow at the levels the north gets it. I'm from Louisiana and remember walking outside as the eye of Katrina passed over. Only huge storms like that cause a lot of inconvenience. Most of us down here don't even make plans to go to the grocery until a storm is at least a Category 3. Plus, it's fun to water ski down the closed roads as you're being pulled behind a pickup truck. ? Lots of redneck fun waiting to happen down here! Dixieland would love to have you!

• Like 2

I live in Minnesota. Let me just say, it is rough.

Currently as I'm writing it is 8 degrees (-13c) . Pretty good day today.

You can frequently expect the temp here to be below -5.

Last year there was a day that was -50 (-45c). Needless to say, there was no school.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sick of Winter too. Haven't gotten much snow this time around, but it's been cold as shit for at least a couple of months. Colder-for-longer than it's been in at least 15-20 years or so, and in the high desert, that's really saying something. It hasn't snowed for over a month, but the ground is still blanketed with it. It's straight up arctic igloo snow at this point; hardly any moisture in it, where you could literally carve it up into big thin bricks. I don't recall that ever happening here.

Only nice thing is the lack of both bugs and skunks. ? ?️

13 hours ago, Troz said:

Last year there was a day that was -50 (-45c). Needless to say, there was no school.

Now that takes the cake and eats it too. Fifty below, and that's just temperature, not wind chill? OMG, ouch. My weather has not been near that bad, just one neverending coldwave of 20s lately.

I've seen some of that igloo snow myself in my driveway. When you have that instead of the powdery stuff, it's a PITA to shovel. I had a bit of it wedged along my car's windshield below the wipers. What hell it was to get out.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:51 PM, Infected Elite said:

well, winter is starting to go away here. But now we have slightly warmer weather and hundreds of thousands of idiots protesting vaccine mandates and masks etc. 

That's one thing I don't look forward to. If protesters interfere with normal activities like the damned truckers in Canada, they should be rounded up and taken to jail.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

That's one thing I don't look forward to. If protesters interfere with normal activities like the damned truckers in Canada, they should be rounded up and taken to jail.

Thats the one's I'm talkin about. In this case, i am all for police brutality and retaliation. Write every single license plate they can down and fine them out the ass, or suspend their license. If one drives a truck through a blockade, you dont shoot out the tires ? apparently the army may be called in though. People like these protestors give Canada a bad name. All for their stupid anti-vaccine/mask /we want rights/freedoms (lololol no such thing in this day and age). What a joke.

I've always loved all four seasons equally.  And feel equally sad when they start to pass.  I would never live a place that was either sunny and warm or cold and overcast all year round.  

I feel equally at home sipping a nice warm mug of Glühwein on a frigid cold night outside, bundled from head-to-toe, casually strolling around a German Christmas market as I am getting a nice bronze tan on Mission Beach.  

Cold again tonight... so tired of it. I won't be sad to see winter and its dreary days be gone. Winter air just smells like plenty of nothing- in one word, bland. I'm ready for the sight of trees with their leaves, and flowers.

I would not miss winter if it never came back. 4 months of fall, then 4 of spring, and 4 of summer is what I'd prefer. Getting all bundled up wears its welcome out pretty quick. It's so much better to not have to do that.

I live in the UK and it's always freezing here. Heating is so expensive, gas prices has skyrocketed and our houses and flats have some of the worst insulation compared to other Western countries. I sometimes sit in my car rather than going into my flat after work or stay late at work as it's freezing, and my workplaces and car are warm. In my flat I am constantly wrapped up in blankets and jumpers with a hot water bottle at all times because it's all electric heating in apartments and flats here, and that costs the world to turn on even for a short while. 

I HATE every season except summer here. 

• Like 1

Ice and freezing rain are the #1 reasons I hate winter. Winter is too lonely and barren... and dangerous. Black ice, need I say more? Spring is a little too wet, and still a tad chilly since it's coming right out of winter. In the US Northeast, I wouldn't say winter is truly over until mid-April.

When out on winter's cold days, I turn the heat up in my car to its maximum. In summer, I am not so quick to use the AC. Once the temperature hits 90 F, then I'll think about turning on the low setting. I don't mind coming out to a hot car nearly as much as I mind having to scrape ice off the windows. Scraping takes about 4 minutes at most, but it feels like forever when it's frigging cold.

Winter landscapes may look beautiful in a Thomas Kinkade painting... but that's because TK could make pretty much anything look nice. He was that good of an artist. Real world winter is not so idyllic. His best works IMO don't depict winter.

I'd gladly replace winter with a 2nd helping of summer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 11:57 PM, RadiantFlamberge said:

I've seen some of that igloo snow myself in my driveway. When you have that instead of the powdery stuff, it's a PITA to shovel.

Winter is pretty much over now, but allow me to offer some of what we in the South like to call "redneck ingenuity." The video description indicates that it is useful for leaves, snow, melting dry ice on sidewalks, or blowing a pack of rabid raccoons out of the yard. ?