WWE2K Update today, expect Kendo trick to RIP.

WorldsBestSpy

25 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

The patch is live with a size of about 651mb.

Edit: R.I.P Kendo Stick method. They've removed all weapons by the looks of it. 1f605.png1f62d.png

It now does the animation as if you can't find anything under the ring.

Of course they did. Looks like I'm opting out of this update for awhile then. I have WAYYY too many matches left to play to not having something that simple at my finger tips. 

Yep just to confirm, no more kendo trick. Weapons are now removed from under the ring. 

I wonder if there’s a ring bell we could use instead, or perhaps the turnbuckle with the cover removed? I have to have a test later on and see. 

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

Of course they did. Looks like I'm opting out of this update for awhile then. I have WAYYY too many matches left to play to not having something that simple at my finger tips. 

You won’t be able to access MyFaction without the update since it is an online mode.

Shoutout to 2K really making sure nothing that benefits the players not having to use shitty ass MTX gets patched asap while other stuff in the game like locking whole ass characters behind this stupid ass mode and glitches stays being worked on.

Asuka method is the best way to go for now, go forwards men. I had transitioned to that method anyway it can be alot faster.

• Like 1

With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I'd farmed more wins than 43. Knew they'd patch it eventually but didn't think it would be as soon. Then again, 2K/Take-Two are notoriously money grabby so I should have known they'd act fast.

Still, I would have to play the other MyFaction modes a bit for the lifetime challenges anyway so I can work toward getting the tokens to get Ruby Asuka there.

New patch, same old crashes.  Every time I click to edit a superstar or create a Universe, the game crashes.  I'm confident it's an array-out-of-bounds exception.  This should be an easy fix to make and test.  They claim to have increased the array size.  Based on the WWE 2K games' history of having fixed-size save files, I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the array size by removing allocated memory spaces for other parts of the game that may be unused, but found they did not have enough unused space to increase the array size to the length needed.  This is why you use dynamic sized arrays instead of fixed size arrays.  I'd bet money they inherited one hell of a source code mess and don't have the resources or talent to deal with it effectively.  I don't have confidence in future updates.

13 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

The patch is live with a size of about 651mb.

Edit: R.I.P Kendo Stick method. They've removed all weapons by the looks of it. 1f605.png1f62d.png

It now does the animation as if you can't find anything under the ring.

I knew this was gonna happen. But THANK GOD I grinded out the 500 wins with the kendo stick method. ? Using the submission method with Asuka wasn’t really working out for me, cause of the annoying rope breaks or the AI bum rushes right towards me while I’m mashing the buttons.