How to NOT auto pop on cross gen games?

LastMinuteSavior

Don't import your save files from previous generation titles, and it may be worth also removing those save files from your PS5 before starting the PS5 version (if you played the PS4 version on your PS5 prior).

As for games with online progression (Outriders), there's practically no way to prevent auto-pop. Even doing the PS5 version first will still pop the PS4 version trophies after starting the PS4 version of the game.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Don't import your save files from previous generation titles, and it may be worth also removing those save files from your PS5 before starting the PS5 version (if you played the PS4 version on your PS5 prior).

As for games with online progression (Outriders), there's practically no way to prevent auto-pop. Even doing the PS5 version first will still pop the PS4 version trophies after starting the PS4 version of the game.

This^

For online only games and those with a heavy focus on MP, auto-pop is unavoidable but for single player focused games, you can avoid auto-pops by just not uploading your save to the in-game cloud and deleting any PS4 saves off your hard drive before booting up the PS5 version.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Hitman 3 is also a game which i don't know if you can avoid autopop.

Only maybe if you delete your ps4 progress from servers

Yup, I'll have to keep an eye out for games that save to the servers.

On the immediate future I'm going to replay Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy (just bought the upgrade) and Jedi Fallen Order, which should be ok.

Also got Spider-Man Remastered with Miles Morales and FF7 Remake, but I barely made any progress on those on the PS4.

I have cross gen stuff with online progression like R6 Siege and Avengers, but I'm not thinking about touching those, so no problem there.

I'm mostly interested in replaying single-player games, and I imagine Hitman is just a very particular case.

As others have said, don't import PS4 saves, maybe delete them altogether if you're done with them. Generally speaking save imports tend to be deliberate, though, and thus easier to avoid. With always online games where your saves are stored serverside, there's unfortunately no way to avoid autopops unless you just play on a new profile altogether.

It's a shame because with some games, e.g. Knockout City, you're basically forced to keep playing the PS4 version if you don't want a duplicate plat. I personally try to just not platinum the games on PS4 if I intend to do so on PS5, as I care more about platinums than individual trophies.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 4:25 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

It's a shame because with some games, e.g. Knockout City, you're basically forced to keep playing the PS4 version if you don't want a duplicate plat. I personally try to just not platinum the games on PS4 if I intend to do so on PS5, as I care more about platinums than individual trophies.

If you like plats why not get the auto-pop stack?

1 minute ago, mcnichoj said:

If you like plats why not get the auto-pop stack?

I prefer my individual plats to have meaning, and as such I avoid cheap / zero effort platinums as much as possible. An autopop to me is the same as playing one of the breakthrough gaming arcade games for trophies - no effort required, just an instant plat you don't have to do anything to earn.

• Like 4

On 3/26/2022 at 4:25 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

Well thank goodness I'm not silly enough to avoid playing the PS5 version of a game because of something like a duplicate plat stack.

Edited by kindajustin
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, kindajustin said:

Well thank goodness I'm not silly enough to avoid playing the PS5 version of a game because of something like a duplicate plat stack.

I appreciate that you made an attempt at a thinly veiled insult, even if it was a poor one. I have yet to avoid a game solely due to this issue, as once I've platinumed a game I am for the most part done with it; while I did briefly return to Knockout City on PS5 I was very much burnt out on it and as such did not bother playing it long enough that I would have gotten near the platinum. The games I do play the PS5 versions of are almost always ones which I haven't yet platinumed, with the exception of No Man's Sky, which if I do platinum will be the result of an actual fresh playthrough and not an autopop.

Doom Eternal has a ps5 version, although i dont have the platinum im pretty sure you cant autopop the platinum as there is a separate online profile sort of thing so you get to restart twice on single player and multiplayer 

• 1 year later...