Most Embarrassing Moment In Gaming

BSAA_Advisor

In all Metal Gear Solid games I never knew you could pick up claymores by crawling on them. So I would almost always shoot them or wind up tanking them when I needed to get past them. I'm beginning to notice a pattern here with me and mines. :S

After doing the One Gun trophy in Dead Space I'm playing the story for the second time now, I've only just found out that weapons have an alternate firing mode by pressing R2. This game has become so much easier now after my little Eureka moment. Silly silly silly!

• 8 years later...

At the age of 14 or so in front of my best mates at one of their houses I was playing Silent Hill 2 and a jump scare made me literally scream… suffice to say as a 35 year old bloke I still get reminded by them about this experience. 

Edited by Arophous

• 1 year later...

Getting utterly terrified and falling off the couch because of the Brushing Woman jumpscare in Fatal Frame III: The Tormented on PS2. 👻

I’m normally immune to horror games, but for some reason that one caught me off guard at just the right moment.

Edited by SmileSlice
Corrected spelling and grammar.
  • Like 1

Can't really think of anything "most" embarrassing.  But recently I was playing RoboCop: Rogue City, I unlocked the dash ability and my first use I dashed into a small stream of water and instantly died.  I thought for some reason RoboCop cannot enter water.  So continuing the level, I came across another path of water, but my objective was on the other side.  There were some groupings of land, but good ol' Murphy cannot jump.  Took me a few seconds to realize there were landmines in the water and I must've hit one earlier in the level when I was testing out my new dash.  Derp.

Here's a pretty embarrassing moment where me and 2 friends were up super late doing Nightfalls on Destiny 2 (years ago when they were harder to complete). I didn't get a reward at the end, which made me realize I had already done the activity on the character I was using. My friends then begin roasting me, and I was tongue tied because anything I said would probably make it worse lol. It's not the most embarrassing moment, but it was recorded.