Most Embarrassing Moment In Gaming

BSAA_Advisor

My embarrassing moment happened on Star Ocean Till the end of time. There was this river that was iced over I needed to cross but I couldnt cross it and kept falling through it. So I spent over an hour trying to find a different route and talking to people in town to see if I needed to talk to someone first. Then I found out that all I needed to do was press circle and walk over the river instead of running over it. Definitely was embarrassed.

I've had a lot of moments but I think one of my most infamous ones was where I didn't know I could disable mines in Fallout 3 when I first played, so I for some reason had this mindset that I was supposed to go near them and then quickly back away but they still kept hurting me. I don't even remember how I figured out how to disable them.

• Like 3

In Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with another mine related one, I thought I need to get just close for the beeping to start then back away, but by accident I was walking really slowly without noticing the mine next to me and saw the ''interact'' button, pressed it, and then it was disabled.

• Like 1

In Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with another mine related one, I thought I need to get just close for the beeping to start then back away, but by accident I was walking really slowly without noticing the mine next to me and saw the ''interact'' button, pressed it, and then it was disabled.

I had that same experience, only the first time there was a mine stuck to al wall (which I somehow didn't noticed) and it exploded in my face.

I've had a lot of moments but I think one of my most infamous ones was where I didn't know I could disable mines in Fallout 3 when I first played, so I for some reason had this mindset that I was supposed to go near them and then quickly back away but they still kept hurting me. I don't even remember how I figured out how to disable them.

^This :P

The day I got my dick caught in my fly...it's been 25 years but I remember it like it was yesterday.

I was at a friend's place in my late teens playing Tekken on PS1 when I had the sudden urge to go to the bathroom. While I was doing the deed, I noticed a couple of lovebirds perched on a branch just outside the window. I listened to their song and as they flew away, right behind where I was looking I could see straight into a girl's bedroom across the street. She was only in her bra and panties and just at that moment her mother walked in, glanced my way and saw me staring at her daughter! I ducked below the windowsill, piss still whizzing all over the place and hastily did up my zip! I screamed out in pain, so my mate came running into the room, took one shocked look at my predicament and ran off to get his Dad. 

As he entered the room his Dad said "What seems to be the situation here? You shit yourself or something?" I replied "I got stuck". He put on his glasses to get a better view, wheeled back and said "Oh for the love of God!" He then called out for his wife "Get in here! You gotta see this!" As I hear her walking up the hallway the father tries to reassure me with "She's a dental hygienist. She'll know what to do."

So my mate's Mum comes in, closes the door behind her and asks if I'm ok. Moving closer, she sees my situation and with a puzzled expression asks "What exactly are we looking at here?" Daring not to look, I replied with "What do you mean?" and the Dad who was still in the room queried "Is it the frank or the beans?" Barely able to control the pain I said "I think it's a little of both." Leaning in for a closer look the Dad said "What the hell's that bubble? How the hell'd you get the beans all the way up top like that?" and his wife replied with "Oh my, there should is a lot of skin coming through there!"

Suddenly a police officer sticks his head in the bathroom window and says "Everything okay here? Neighbours said they heard a lady scream." My mate's Mum smirked and giggled "Take a look at this beauty." while gesturing towards my groin. Embarrassed to point of collapsing I insisted "No, that's really not necessary" but the officer climbed in the window, turned his flashlight on, whistled and said "Now I've seen it all. What the hell were you thinking? Is that bubble what I think it is?" and my mate's parents both nodded.

The officer made a pained expression, rolled up his sleeve and said "There's only one thing to do." I said "No no no, I'll be fine" and he replied "Look son, this'll only hurt for a second." He reached down and took hold of the zipper while I took a deep breath and braced for the worst. "It's just like pulling off a band-aid. A-one and a-two and..." the next thing I know I'm in the back of an ambulance with the paramedic yelling "We got a bleeder!"

Oh wait...that was Ben Stiller in There's Something About Mary. But I did play Tekken at a mate's house, so that kinda makes it true...doesn't it?

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 2

On Dynasty Warriors 7, I was going for the '3000 ko's in a single battle' trophy. I kept falling short, so when i found a part in a battle where events wouldn't continue until I went to a certain area, i found a group of 7 enemies that kept respawning every 30secs or so. I spent about over half hour hacking them down until I hit 3000, then continued and finished.

Much later, I found a battle near the end of Conquest Mode. It yielded over 4000 kills. I wish I'd known that sooner.

Another time was in Star Trek Online. In the tutorial mission, you take command of your first ship and go against a Borg Cube. Being the intro to the game it obviously goes down easily, even using your weak little Miranda Class ship. Plus you have rest of the Ai fleet attacking too.

While exploring the big wide galaxy some time later, I came across another wandering Borg Cube. I foolishly didn't think about the fact that the first had been a tutorial, and thought I was a match for it. As you can guess, I wasn't. As soon as I got close, it locked me in a tractor beam, drained my shields dry, and before I even scratched it's shields, my ship was blown to pieces. So basically, I, was, an, IDIOT. You DON'T take on a Borg ship, with a tiny vessel, equipped with basic systems and Without a fleet to back you up.

There are probably other moments, but that'll do for now.

Christ Redfield boulder punch - say no more

Not only one of the worst moments in RE history, it's one of the worst moments in gaming history.... But, this is coming from one of those old coots (me, not you, although maybe you are as well, I don't know you well enough to make that distinction) who prefers the old school RE to this mess Crapcom is releasing now.... BUT, that's a different story for a different day.

Edited by Leo_Ascendent
  • Like 1

Not only one of the worst moments in RE history, it's one of the worst moments in gaming history.... But, this is coming from one of those old coots (me, not you, although maybe you are as well, I don't know you well enough to make that distinction) who prefers the old school RE to this mess Crapcom is releasing now.... BUT, that's a different story for a different day.

I'm proud to be in the old coot category.

I still enjoy Resident evil for what it is now - but its not really Resident evil any more.

• Like 1

I'm proud to be in the old coot category.

I still enjoy Resident evil for what it is now - but its not really Resident evil any more.

:yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay: :yay:  :yay:

Glad I'm not alone.

Edited by Leo_Ascendent

I was a teenager playing some gamecube with a friend. We'd been putting some time in Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. We both liked RPGs and this is one of the few that are multiplayer. He controlled the Human Ranger and I was the Elf chick. Some time in, our characters inexplicably started kissing, which prompted a cry of "Noooo!" from both of us. That was a good game. I know that's more silly than embarrassing.

Also, playing Duke Nukem Forever with volume down low when my terrifying fiancé was asleep or at work. It was just... easier that way.

Once in WoW vanilla, my Orc Warrior was beaten in a duel by a Human Paladin 10 levels below me. Naturally, I "/cry" a hearthstone back to Orgrimmar. Also, when I was still just a lowbie in ShadowFang Keep, I was tanking. They asked me to pull a group out of a fairly crowded room. New and nervous, I accidentally pressed the wrong key. Instead of firing my bow... I Charged... Wiping the entire party. They were upset and booted me. Over a year and a half later, I joined the last guild I ever joined, The Tribe. Someone in guild chat exclaimed excitedly that he remembered me. He was a part of that party that I wiped and was able to recall the event in full detail. I was easy to remember because I'd started playing so early, that I was able to name my Orc "Kevin." Fun factoid, my Blood Elf Paladin was the first time I went by the name "Siuilarun"

• Like 1