[VIDEO] Mastery Challenge Part 2 (All Gold Medals)

Why was the other thread locked? Yeah I can confirm there's 12 challenges. I thought I was done after 9 and a certain event happening after but was very disappointed and frustrated to see there was 3 more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Markemmanuel said:

thanks for these guides, so quick!

How do they compare to the first set - bugs & difficulty wise?

I've done the first 9 challenges, holding off on boss and final set of challenges for another day. Definitely feels easier. I would say 3-4 of the challenges were objectively easy with the constraints being "kill enemies using ____", "Parry attacks", or "Headshot/Weakpoint hits" The other challenges will require some effort however. Scoring for Wolf and Bear challenges are a little more lenient with 1, maybe 2, missed enemy objectives going for gold. Stealth is the same but instead of having 1 less enemy objective to worry missing, there is usually 1 or 2 more enemy's to kill if you miss an assassination technique. 

Bugs wise, there isn't any I encountered. No disappearing enemies, no game breaking bugs, nothing.  Although it does sometimes feel, like the first set of challenges, the stealth mechanics are a little broken or inconsistent. This may cause you to pull out your hair here and there because of some of the stealth challenges require you to sit idle for 1-2 minutes this time around.

Also, is it just me or was the hit registration in regards to headshots and weakpoint hits fixed or insanely buffed? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Why was the other thread locked? 

A couple hard-heads derailed it. Me being one of those hard-heads I guess.

Anyways just on first glance with the objectives, this 2nd set of challenges seems quite a bit more lenient and do not require absolute perfection like the first set did. Seem pretty straightforward/easy although I'm still not looking forward to the stealth challenges. I struggled with those the most with the 1st batch.

Also, why is it the PS4 version trophy for these challenges is only a bronze while the PS5 version has a silver like the 1st batch did? I've never seen that happen before and seems like it must be some kind of mistake. 

Can someone already confirm if cloud saving can save me some time.

- Get 23/24 on PS5

- Make a cloud save

- Complete the last challenge for both ps4 and ps5 to get the trophies.

Last time I made a mistake on something and I still can't recall what I did wrong so I played both ps4 and 5 versions all the way from start to finish which is horrible :P.

34 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

- Get 23/24 on PS5

- Make a cloud save

Last time I made a mistake on something and I still can't recall what I did wrong so I played both ps4 and 5 versions all the way from start to finish which is horrible :P.

Well I don’t know about cloud saving optimization but I will say this. The trophy doesn’t pop when you have 24/24 gold medals during “The All Seeing Eye” quest. 

After you get all the medals required you have to go back to the vault, defeat a boss, and complete 3 more challenges. When you complete the last 3 with gold the trophy will pop.

So the best time to cloud save would be after gaining access to the vault, defeating the boss, and completing 2 of the 3 challenges inside the vault.

Or, alternatively, you can save before entering the vault and facing the boss (you get sort of a point of no return message). These challenges take 15 minutes to compete and are the easiest of the new challenges. So I see no harm in playing it safe I guess since cloud saving in this game seems really complicated. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Or, alternatively, you can save before entering the vault and facing the boss (you get sort of a point of no return message). These challenges take 15 minutes to compete and are the easiest of the new challenges. So I see no harm in playing it safe I guess since cloud saving in this game seems really complicated. 

The final wolf challenge is a bit of a pain because the chest weakpoint is so inconsistent to hit and it's very easy to accidentally get a headshot instead since the arrows seem to be magnets to enemies' heads in these challenges which can be helpful but works against you here. Everybody seems to be different and which ones they find more difficult than others but that one, for me, was easily the one that gave me the most trouble and retries. I would not recommend saving that one for last and having to do it twice to get both trophies. I would save the final raven one for last as it takes only 2 minutes to do and is probably the easiest challenge out of all of them. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

The final wolf challenge is a bit of a pain because the chest weakpoint is so inconsistent to hit and it's very easy to accidentally get a headshot instead since the arrows seem to be magnets to enemies' heads in these challenges which can be helpful but works against you here. Everybody seems to be different and which ones they find more difficult than others but that one, for me, was easily the one that gave me the most trouble and retries. I would not recommend saving that one for last and having to do it twice to get both trophies. I would save the final raven one for last as it takes only 2 minutes to do and is probably the easiest challenge out of all of them. 

for me the last challenge was raven the more esay than the other two

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

- Get 23/24 on PS5

- Make a cloud save

yes I got the trophy from PS5 to PS4 with cloud saving

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

- Get 23/24 on PS5

- Make a cloud save

I made a cloud save when I had the very last challenge left. I recommend the raven one as it's very quick and easy. So just complete that twice and you'll get both trophies. It's very odd that it's a silver for the ps5 and bronze for ps4.

• Like 1

All done, only three challenges really pissed me off this time as opposed to almost all of them last time.

The Raven one where you do air assassinations, because the platforming is sometimes so dodgy that Eivor falls off things so you get seen/heard or doesn't jump where you want him to. Also, you can do the exact same thing 5 times and it seems random if the enemies see you or not.

The final Wolf challenge because of those fucking chest weak points.

The final Raven challenge because the mushrooms rarely spawn on reload and it's the only way to build your Adrenaline. Love having to wait 1 min plus on PS4 just to see if they spawn or not.

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

@JAK-KRIEG exactly the confirmation I needed thanks!

Thanks all the rest as well! Currently only did 3 challenges and doing 3 per day because these annoy me way too much especially the stealth ones. 

You're welcome glad i could help a little.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

All done, only three challenges really pissed me off this time as opposed to almost all of them last time.

The Raven one where you do air assassinations, because the platforming is sometimes so dodgy that Eivor falls off things so you get seen/heard or doesn't jump where you want him to. Also, you can do the exact same thing 5 times and it seems random if the enemies see you or not.

The final Wolf challenge because of those fucking chest weak points.

The final Raven challenge because the mushrooms rarely spawn on reload and it's the only way to build your Adrenaline. Love having to wait 1 min plus on PS4 just to see if they spawn or not.

Luckily for us, they are easier than the first set, and some do allow room for error, thanks the ISU.

As you mentioned, the final Wolf challenge was the hardest for me due to the chest weak points. I used the ability to slow down time, and not aim to the center of the weak point but a bit lower. 

In the final Ravenchallenge there are several Mushroom spots, I found 5 within the area plus the one I started with so there are enough, but you need to thoroughly look for them.

5 hours ago, Argandalf said:

Luckily for us, they are easier than the first set, and some do allow room for error, thanks the ISU.

As you mentioned, the final Wolf challenge was the hardest for me due to the chest weak points. I used the ability to slow down time, and not aim to the center of the weak point but a bit lower. 

In the final Ravenchallenge there are several Mushroom spots, I found 5 within the area plus the one I started with so there are enough, but you need to thoroughly look for them.

Yeah I found them all but you can't knock out guards so it's hard to get to them without being seen!

I tried the Nornir ability to slow time, but aiming at the chest almost seems to auto aim at the head (which does so much damage you only have one shot left before they die) and if you try to aim a bit lower it goes underneath the weak point.

Glad it's the end of these now anyway, I just don't think the controls are suited to this sort of thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Krid said:

Glad it's the end of these now anyway, I just don't think the controls are suited to this sort of thing.

Agreed. Like an assassin in an assassin's creed game you move around like a ton of bricks. What happened since ezio, he was so much more nimble and assassin like. Eivor ditches that and moves along with brute force. So happy it's the end of this horrific piece of trash mode.

On 4/22/2022 at 5:50 PM, Darth_Krid said:

Yeah I found them all but you can't knock out guards so it's hard to get to them without being seen!

I tried the Nornir ability to slow time, but aiming at the chest almost seems to auto aim at the head (which does so much damage you only have one shot left before they die) and if you try to aim a bit lower it goes underneath the weak point.

After dodging about 8 or so attacks they get tired and expose their chest weak points. You can use the staircase to line up hits really nicely.

Edited by RPGStarky

• 3 weeks later...

Another set of stealth shitty challenges. I had to repeat the last one like 20 times due to a slumber arrow that goes through an enemy like if I shooted to Patrick Swayze in Ghost (and ofc, they automatically discover me). It's so fucking frustrating that, after 3 million patches and 3 expansions, some of the most basic things still works as shit. Melee challenges feel way easier than the previous ones for sure, and archery ones... with the exception of the last one, the rest are easier too.

Edited by Galserik