DLC - how to unlock 2nd floor of hut?

Stargazer14096

I've done everything else, I only have the trophy for the Hut left to do. Main story is done, DLC campaign is also done, I've done more than 40 mail requests (a large majority of them were from the main story and were already autocompleted when I loaded up my game), and I've collected 10 hats too. Any idea how to trigger the scene where they build the 2nd floor?

EDIT: nvm, it just randomly happened at one point while I was doing the remaining mail requests. Guess the timing really is just random.

Edited by MDSP777

Where do you get the mail requests? I’ve done the new story missions, but I can’t figure out how to start finding the hats and I’m missing a couple of hut items. I’ve done the triggers to get the items, but can’t get them delivered to me.

For the Hut you just need to keep doing the Hut missions you get from the mailbox. There's a tab in the diary for them.

For the hats you first need to catch a bug with a hat, after that you can look on the side of the purple farmhouse building for the area that the next bug with a hat is in.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cornholio4 said:

Do the letters arrive in a specific order or random I wonder. 

I have done about 45 of them but the last build spot, for the roof I imagine, is inactive. The others I could select and see I had no decorations yet. 

I got a roof from the hidden request (IE no letter in advance) for scanning Cactus Triffany stood by the scarecrow.

I just completed 50 letters and fast travel away and back and the 2nd level was added to my but but the last build spot is still not working.

Where is this Cactus and Scarecrow? 

Edit: I found it next to Wombus farm and it was the last item I needed. Thanks. 

Edited by Cornholio4
Added details

you get the second floor after finding all the secrets in one of the areas. when i logged in and loaded up my save it gave me a ton of finished mail requests but some i had done hadn't popped yet, it was only after doing a ton of requests that some i had previously completed popped also and then filbo came over and upgraded my house lol.

getting the roof was another story. 

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84