Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

I have finally won 50/50 for the first time since February 2022, hooray. Got 2 Furinas and 1 Tighnari in 180 pulls or so. Last one came early at 25. Got somewhere arround 10 Beidou, 10 Broccolei and 4 Charlottes.

Still have 38k primos and 65 pulls in starglitter. In Navia we trust.

heaIW3Q.jpg

5 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

I always do the pulls with some friends online and we watch each other's pulls.

Yeah, I do that with a friend too. And oh my god this bastard had a jackpot today. Furina in 20, Dehya in 35, another Furina in 30. He got overly confident and got Matcha Donut in 60 after that though. But it's still too good imo. That's all with only 25k primos saved. Now trying to catch up and pull Baizhu. 

Had over 450 Intertwined Fates and now at 100 something after going for Furina and her Weapon. No more of that shit banner type until I have over 400 Intertwined Fates again.

Time to save for Navia and other characters like Clorinde.

• Like 1

Back again, just been enjoying Fontaine patches and saving enough wishes for C2 R1 Furina. Managed to get it all, but my luck on the weapon banner was atrocious, hard pity for the green donut and skyward blade. Got only like 10 wishes left, my next target is Navia, but might have take out credit card to guarantee her.

• Like 1

150 wishes spent, got ONE Charlotte and Jean, no Furina. Should be able to easily make up enough pulls before her banner ends but still annoying. I'm used to my luck being trash anyway, the only pull that didn't give me just a single 4* (many of which were Collei and Beidou I didn't need) was the Jean one which gave me her and... also a Beidou again.

• Like 1

Got Furina last night, but at the cost of 160 wishes. Thankfully I had enough saved because I pulled Wriothesley in 10 pulls. Call me prejudiced but every time I wish on a character the day they are released I always lose the 50/50. Whereas if I wait a couple of days I seem to win the 50/50 easily. Anyway, since I have both Ayato and Cyno coming up next half of this patch, it's time to save for Navia. I hope Itto will not rerun with her at the same time, since he is the only 5* from limited banners that I missing (+ Dehya from the Standard). Knowing my luck though...

Regarding the content, I spent yesterday clearing up the new TGC content and then most of the new side-quests in Fontaine. There are some really boring and long quests, but only two are tied to trophies. I pray for the day they will give us the dialogue skip feature for side-quests.

The Foggy Path-something quest where you will get the Semnai Sans Shadow trophy in the Erinnyes region (you get instantly upon installing the patch). After you finish the quest, open the 3 chests in the water to unlock the trophy, it is not really that long. Then you have the Narzissenkreuz side-quest, which requires you to have done the big side-missions from 4.0 and 4.1 versions before you can start it (the one in the underwater area with the Oceanids and the Hilichurl one in the Fortress of Meropide). This is the only quest I have not completed yet, because it is extremely long, but I have finished its Act 1, so I assume I will get the two trophies tied to this quest today, Narzissenkreuz Notes and An Immortal Emperor in a Mundane Universe.

If you were diligent with the Reputation quests so far in Fontaine, you could hit level 10 before the patch dropped, so that's a freebie. Two Statues of the Seven in the new patch plus 24 Waypoints, some of the latter are hidden behind the two side-quests mentioned above, none in the Archon Quest since I unlocked the trophy already. There is a waypoint where you will have to talk to a maid/employee on top of a broken, cut-in-half ship in the new region (there is a tavern built inside the ship). She will ask you three questions and if you answer correctly, you can operate the nearby cannon. Shoot the nearby rocks and you will reveal the last waypoint.

And three chest-related trophies, this will be the second last thing I will do in this patch, since I leave exploration for after the side-quests.

Last but not least the Archon Quest, which will be the absolute last thing I will do. This is easily the best content in the game. Then it's maintenance mode until Natlan (my most expected region). Surprised we did not get trophies for maxing the Fountain and the Statues of the Seven in Fontaine. Maybe a small trophy patch coming up in 4.3 or 4.4?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Wait, this is the last update in Fontaine? I assumed there was another one since there was no trophy for maxing the statues yet. Don't tell me the one time I actually spent the time to get all the oculus before the whole region comes out, I didn't even need to for all the trophies!?

Certainly not the last, you can't max out the statue with the current amouint of oculi. 

Yeah, there will be at least one more Fontaine patch for the Statues of the Seven and maxing the Fountain of Lucine. We've had trophies for the equivalents in other regions so I'd expect them here too.

Personally I'm just looking forward to the day when the PS4 trophy list ends so I can uninstall the game there - I don't like stacking games and it's taking up like 20% of my poor base PS4's 500 GB hard drive at this point. Every patch we inch closer, but it looks like it might continue into or possibly through Natlan at this rate. 

7 minutes ago, Tothoro said:

Yeah, there will be at least one more Fontaine patch for the Statues of the Seven and maxing the Fountain of Lucine. We've had trophies for the equivalents in other regions so I'd expect them here too.

Personally I'm just looking forward to the day when the PS4 trophy list ends so I can uninstall the game there - I don't like stacking games and it's taking up like 20% of my poor base PS4's 500 GB hard drive at this point. Every patch we inch closer, but it looks like it might continue into or possibly through Natlan at this rate. 

For the amount of content in the game, 100GB isn't that bad.  Look at the latest bloatware COD game it's apparently over 200GB

Ok, having completed the Narzissenkreuz quest, I can confirm the Notes and Emperor trophies are obtained simply from completing the quest (Immortal Emperor first, Notes at the very end of the side-quest). Way too long of a side-quest and too much dialogue. Anyway, tomorrow is exploration day + Archon Quest.

3 hours ago, Tothoro said:

Personally I'm just looking forward to the day when the PS4 trophy list ends so I can uninstall the game there

Same. I had to delete the game because it would not let me download the patch due to space, then downloaded it again from the get-go. 93 GB is ridiculous, I hope they stop putting trophies for the PS4, so I can properly switch to PS5 (when I buy one).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

For the amount of content in the game, 100GB isn't that bad.  Look at the latest bloatware COD game it's apparently over 200GB

Oh, for sure. My consternation isn't that the size is unjustified, rather that I have to keep it downloaded on my PS4 to pop trophies every few months lest my completion percentage dip (though in fairness that's largely self-imposed because I'm slightly neurotic about my completion percentage 😅).

• Like 1

Oh my God, the Archon Quest... it continously gets better every time. What an amazing conclusion to the Fontaine story. Constant lore-bombs at the end. It ended on a bittersweet note, but overall I love the way the story is unfolding. I think they may (And should) add another act in this chapter or an Interlude at the very least. Some small questions still need answers.

I have still to play Furina's Story Quest, where I hope we will get some more story on what happened after the main events. Other than that regarding exploration, the Morte Region was quite problematic in that I got every single chest and I reached only 98% exploration progress. In all other regions so far in every nation I reach 100% well before I finish opening every chest. I had to revisit the region again and open up some mora chests and floating crates to jump it to 100%. I think this happened because they put both new Shrines of the Depth in the Erinnyes Region and the percentage got messed a little.

Now starts the long wait for Natlan, my most anticipated region. It's going to be 9 very long months.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished 4.2 yesterday. I finished the bulk of it a week ago but I was pacing out the World Quests for commissions. The Archon Quest was stellar - Fontaine might have the best yet. Though the Fortress and 4.1 felt like a slog compared to 4.0. It seems more and more rare that games nail pacing, but with live service where content has to be pumped out on specific deadlines I understand it a little more. On the exploration side there seemed to be more unmarked chests than normal, that might be why folks are ending up in the high 90%s after finishing the interactive map. Someone also mentioned that the little money pyramid thingies count toward exploration percent - I can't confirm that but it might be another factor.

Also, 800 primogems over the next few days because Genshin won some kind of PlayStation award. Nice. Still on the fence with trying to pull Navia in the next update. I like her character and I'd like to see Geo/Claymore become more viable, but I also want to save for Nahida's rerun. From what I can tell Nahida's unlikely to be in 4.3 or 4.4 though, so maybe I'll still have a chance to save? Time will tell.

• Like 2

Navia's re-tooling gives me slight "if Princess Peach and Pascal from Tales of Graces F raised an adoptive daughter" vibes, and I absolutely love it. The 4.2 Archon story hit the feels super deep, and I'm glad to see both her and Furina regroup well. Honestly, I'm more interested in pulling constellations for Yoimiya, but if I got Navia, I wouldn't be upset about it at all.

• Like 2

Made solid progress to the end of sumeru finally, and the pages & first two reps done, but im reaching the point of having to make a second team finally but i only have half of one techncially? (hu tao & xingqiu), so i'm not sure what to do about that or what to roll for anymore, since im not really excited for anything.  Maybe i'll get navia just to have a fontaine 5* (i didnt actually look to see what she does besides be geo & need crystialize? or something), but otherwise idk what to do to push towards teambuilding lol. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

Maybe i'll get navia just to have a fontaine 5* (i didnt actually look to see what she does besides be geo & need crystialize? or something), but otherwise idk what to do to push towards teambuilding lol. 

I recommend to look into her to not regret it later. She seems to be sort of luxury pull. But at least you'll have an event weapon for her.

I am ready to pull though.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:49 AM, TehUberCheezCatz said:

Made solid progress to the end of sumeru finally, and the pages & first two reps done, but im reaching the point of having to make a second team finally but i only have half of one techncially? (hu tao & xingqiu), so i'm not sure what to do about that or what to roll for anymore, since im not really excited for anything.  Maybe i'll get navia just to have a fontaine 5* (i didnt actually look to see what she does besides be geo & need crystialize? or something), but otherwise idk what to do to push towards teambuilding lol. 

Hu Tao likes to be at low health and that generally puts her in a precarious position, so a good shielder would be a great add to your team. Zhongli is the best shielder in the game, though he's not likely to rerun soon. For 4* characters you might have, Thoma and Yanfei can provide shields and offer pyro resonance which Hu Tao appreciates. Layla and Diona can also probably do the job but there are better options eventually.

If you haven't already, you might check out some teambuilding websites like Game8 - see the page on Hu Tao here. I wouldn't take it as infallible but it's generally good enough to give you a sense of what team comps are good and how to build characters.

GBmUEuSagAAvi4B.jpg

The four stars with Navia have been announced.  And I'm excited.  I've wanted Candace for a long time, but she was never with a five star I wanted.  And Rosaria is another character I've been thinking about building and she's not c6 yet.  And I have Sucrose built and she's only c4.  Unless Candace pulls a Layla, I'm thinking good things from this banner.

GBmUIoMbwAAHlfQ.jpg

Also really thinking about grabbing that axe.  Even if I lose, the Mistsplitter would be good for Jean.  And unlike the Freedom-Sworn, I probably won't give it to Layla this time.

• Like 1