Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

5 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

Tighnari/Collei/Fischl/Kirara on top half and Zhongli/Navia/Xingqiu/Yanfei (as filler) on second.  So now I'm just into the exploration/grinding left I suppose lol.  Also managed to pull mist on christmas but I still don't have anyone to use it so to the bench it goes lol.

Maybe I will be able to get past 12 myself.

Edited by Pumpkin Head Cthulhu

This abyss is one of the easiest ones to date. Especially if you have Navia or anyone with crystallize because of current abyss blessing.

My unedited run. I even forgot to change Navia artifacts and went without proper 2p/2p setup. Didn't matter in slightest.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

Hi. I've been playing the game super casually for over 6 months now (basically just doing daily quests and events). In the story I've stopped right after the final fight in Inazuma and am currently world level 6, just feeling super weak. Of course that is because I haven't really grinded or leveled characters much past like lvl 50 (specially because hyperbloom with Nahida and Kuki felt so strong I didn't feel the need to). However I feel just too weak now that I struggle to even gather materials to actually strengthen my characters, so I'm wondering if anyone have any tips since I plan to start playing more seriously with the return of Raiden's banner in a few days since she was the main reason I started playing anyway.

For characters I have Nahida, Kazuha, Kokomi, Zhong Li, Keqing and Furina for 5*s. Notable 4*s inclue Kuki and... thats actually all I currently remember lol.

7 hours ago, Akrioz said:

This abyss is one of the easiest ones to date. Especially if you have Navia or anyone with crystallize because of current abyss blessing.

My unedited run. I even forgot to change Navia artifacts and went without proper 2p/2p setup. Didn't matter in slightest.

I just got Navia, she is up to level 50 and using the "ultimate overlord's mega sword" at the moment.

8 hours ago, LionRed10 said:

However I feel just too weak now that I struggle to even gather materials to actually strengthen my characters, so I'm wondering if anyone have any tips since I plan to start playing more seriously with the return of Raiden's banner in a few days since she was the main reason I started playing anyway.

Try lowering your world level and use food buffs. If you still can't get through bosses you only option to ask people for help in Co-op.

1 hour ago, Pumpkin Head Cthulhu said:

ultimate overlord's mega sword"

Great weapon. It's basically the same as my Swyward Pride. Maybe even better in some cases.

Edited by Akrioz

8 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Try lowering your world level and use food buffs. If you still can't get through bosses you only option to ask people for help in Co-op.

Great weapon. It's basically the same as my Swyward Pride. Maybe even better in some cases.

good to know and since it had bonus EXP I maxed it out as well.

Just wanted to give the game devs kudos for the fun Fontaine events this version. I played some catch-up and got through the Fontainian Film Festival. They really kicked butt on the mini-games, even the four-person chase balls around the arena game! Definitely needed some fun time since the callback to the Sumeru slime battle arena contest was a bit rushed. I'm almost done with the new Lost Riches event -- again, really fun and delightful mechanics to boot. Now I just need to muster up the stamina to find missing Hydroculi and finished some long-neglected story quests.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

New codes

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift?code=BBQ8AZHUH2CZ

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift?code=MT88AYHCZ2UR

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift?code=FA9QAGYDZJEV

Been arguing with myself if I want Cloud Restraint.  I was doing so good at the start of the expansion, didn't pull for Lyney, Neuvillette, or Wriothesley.  But then Furina, Navia, and maybe Cloud Retainer.  And that Shenhe skin and I don't even have Shenhe.  I like Ganyu's default outfit, but I don't have her either.

• Like 1

Cloud Retainer is an easy pass for me. I don't have characters that rely on plunge and that seems like her biggest boon. It's also just really, really hard to outclass Kazuha as Anemo support.

I am gonna be going for Nahida and Miko constellations though. Nahida because I'm at C0 and C1/C2 are big improvements to bloom teams, Miko because she's my main (currently at C2). I was hoping Miko and Nahida would be on the banner at the same time because I'd also like Nahida's weapon and being able to refine Kagura's Verity is a good consolation prize, but now the consolation prize for losing a 50/50 is either a plunge-centric catalyst (no use for) or Primordial Jade-Winged Spear (which I already have three of from blue fates). Here's hoping the gacha gods are kind (spoiler: they aren't).

Havent wanted cloud since she leaked, and still have the same opinion cause I'm never playing plunge lmao.  Sadly yae means if I lose to raiden (69 pity atm), then I'm fully skipping nahida even though she's probably the better unit, she just feels redundant so eh.  Also I feel like yaoyao's the easiest choice from lantern rite so that's probably happening too.

• 2 weeks later...

Raiden, Sara, and Bennett are on a banner together right now, and when they change in a couple days, Nahida and Bennett will be on a banner together. These are two of the best combos it's possible to get, so this might be a real good time to come back if you left Spiral Abyss for later!

It's starting to get really annoying. This is the 2nd time in only a couple of months that I have to delete the whole game and re-download it on PS4 due to space issues. I seriously hope that they just drop the PS4 support and move to PS5-only for the PS series. Or that they do something with those patches and the ridiculously large sizes. With my horrible download speed, downloading Genshin's 98GB takes about a whole day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while, but after 3 weeks I decided to do the new area in Liyue. It was not as bad because of the fish-mechanic that allows you to launch yourself towards any direction you want. I believe from here on out, the game will return to its stale status until we get the leaks from Natlan. 4.5 is looking incredibly dry from what I've seen. If the leaks are correct, then we'll get Chiori and Itto next patch, both of which I want and I will probably go for the double pull.

On a side-note, I finally managed to get all in-game achievements. 1,183 as of yesterday, which is the maximum you can get right now. The only two achievements I am missing are the ones for maxing the Statues of the 7 in Fontaine and the Fountain of Lucine, which will be done once we get the next area in Fontaine (along with a couple more trophies?). Imagine if we had that many trophies for a single game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

f the leaks are correct, then we'll get Chiori and Itto next patch, both of which I want and I will probably go for the double pull.

I am torn on whether I want C1 for Chiori or not. I will play her with Navia or Noelle neither of which have geo constructs.

New Livestream, new 24h codes

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift?code=DAKTDBWTZTYR

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift?code=AT3BDSWTYBKD

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift?code=5TKAUAWAGBJR

That new wish banner looks interesting.  Adds more limited characters to the rotation.  And you can pick a standard character or weapon to go for.  Also Dehya and Tighnari's weapon.  I think it runs the entire patch cycle, so the full six weeks.

It also uses weapon Banner logic.  And as you know that can be some bullshit.  You only need 1 point instead of 2, but it doesn't carry over to the next.  So if you're going for Aquila and pull Diluc and don't get it before the patch ends, you have to start over on 50/50.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=WTKBMBD8ZZRZ

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift?code=EAKA5BU9HHRM

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift?code=9B3AMTCQZYQ9

4.6 Live stream codes

New banners, first banner is Father and Lyney.  Second half is Wanderer and Baizhu.

Gonna wait to see what the four stars are before I pull.  And by four stars, I mean Layla.  She's overdue for a rerun.

• Like 1

I appreciate not everyone will have the Hoyolab app, but if you go onto the Genshin tab, then the Hoyo guides tab from there, you can claim all these code rewards from the app each livestream, it takes no time at all.

This patch seemed to take forever. It was the first time I genuinely thought of completing dropping Genshin. But on other news we will probably get the last of the Fontaine trophies next patch, since we get another Fontaine area in 4.6. Probably a small DLC trophy pack of 2 trophies? Max the Fountain of Lucine and the Statues of the Seven in Fontaine.

Edited by ZOLANTON

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2024 at 6:34 PM, ZOLANTON said:

Probably a small DLC trophy pack of 2 trophies? Max the Fountain of Lucine and the Statues of the Seven in Fontaine.

It happened. I will start downloading the game once more on my PS4. Even on my PC it gets on my nerves that the new patch is 34GB big. The game doesn't make it easy for me to keep it installed for much longer...

yeah i guess this is just their new method for trophies, so expect it going forward
meanwhile im still just exploring inazuma slowly day by day, tbh my interest in playing the game has fallen off hard, i have noone left to actively look forward to nor do i want to farm anything, just feels like there's no payoff, so eh.