Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

4 hours ago, Ilzakia said:

I got a limited double 5 star 10 pull.  I got close once when I pulled Yoimiya and Jean literally back to back.  But never two of the limited.  I almost choked when I saw Yelan's silhouette again.  I have C3 now.  My main goal was just C1, which I got day 1 of the patch.  I was thinking C2 would be nice, but was fully expecting to pull Diluc or something I don't use.

F4_CUJPWoAA7dL7.jpg

dam that is wicked

• Like 1

Anyone manage to get a copy of Freminet and try him out? I did 20 pulls trying to get a copy but just ended up getting Noelle to C4. Not wanting to use anymore as I already have Zhongli and not bothered about Tartag. 

He seemed really fun to play in the Test Run, but I know he won't be the most viable anyway as a 4* Main DPS, and he looks like he would need a lot of on field time.

Trying to save every single wish from now until Raiden's next rerun as I want to at least get her and Engulfing, maybe C2 if I manage to save enough. None of the Fontaine characters are really jumping out to me as must pulls kit wise from what leaks I've seen.

16 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Anyone manage to get a copy of Freminet and try him out? I did 20 pulls trying to get a copy but just ended up getting Noelle to C4. Not wanting to use anymore as I already have Zhongli and not bothered about Tartag. 

He seemed really fun to play in the Test Run, but I know he won't be the most viable anyway as a 4* Main DPS, and he looks like he would need a lot of on field time.

Trying to save every single wish from now until Raiden's next rerun as I want to at least get her and Engulfing, maybe C2 if I manage to save enough. None of the Fontaine characters are really jumping out to me as must pulls kit wise from what leaks I've seen.

Managed to get him barely at 60 pulls (which was way too close to pity and I didn't want another Zhongli or Childe). I tried him a bit, seems like a fun character, one of the most complex 4* characters in terms of gameplay. Looks really good in freeze teams so he can proc shatter damage and Mika goes along nicely with him. But you can also build him as Cryo DPS. Prototype Archaic seems his go-to weapons as far as F2P is concerned.

Overall a very niche character, since he has very limited to none off-field use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to do another 10 pull just to see if I could manage to get a copy of Freminet, and he came home. I have no interest in using him at the minute, but I feel like he could be a decent driver for a Hyperbloom Team since Cryo doesn't mess up any of the reactions there.

Got 100 wishes saved up now from all the catching up I've been doing, and I still haven't touched Sumeru or Enkanomiya, so should be a good amount of primos still to come. Now the debate comes whether I go for Furina, or continue saving for Raiden since I definitely want C0R1 but ideally I want to push for C2R1.

• Like 2

I managed to complete floor 12 for the first time last night. I'm far, far from being able to 36 star it, but actually managing to beat it is a massive W for me.

Teams were Nahida, Yelan, Xingqiu and Kuki on the 1st half, and Zhongli, Bennett, Kazuha and Ganyu on the 2nd.

Floor 12 Chamber 3, was down to the wire with the dancing robots, as my Ganyu died so I was just in a constant cycle of Zhongli Shield, Bennett burst and then spamming Kazuha skill and burst until it went down.

I managed an extra 150 primos from floors 11 and 12, but this is a big push in the right direction for my account, as I want to be able to at least tackle the abyss every time and scrape what I can from it. Nearly fully finished levelling my Hyperbloom team and then it will be off to the artifact grind. Finally managed to get Kazuha on triple EM with 2 of those being on set VV and coming out to about 900 EM with Freedom Sworn. Not perfect, but he will do for now while I get working on some of my other characters.

Edited by HelixNebula_x
  • Like 3

bit of a progress update, got to inazuma, hit ar 40, ended up losing the 50/50 for zhongli to get tighnari, but i got enough gems to get zhongli too, so ive been rocking zhongli/tighnari/fischl/yanfei so far, the game definitely feels easier once you get a 5* lol.
still doing kinda poor on the weapons front but idk, i heard the weapon banner sucks ass so eh.
also not really sure who to roll for next? i know hu tao's good and she's coming up, but i heard she also needs a very particular setup so idk if thats worth the investment rn.
so mostly just slowly working through things still, but hey, progress is progress.

• Like 2

The Version 4.2's New Characters:

Da2IxvSl.jpg

vCIkvAWl.jpg

Been waiting for Charlotte since Version 3.7 and if the leak of Furina is true, She will be what I hoped the Hydro Archon would be a Healer well so long she is in Pneuma Mode.

That Cane might be her 5* sword or part of her moveset(like Raiden Shogun). My 300 in counting Intertwined Fates are ready.

Looking forward to 4.1, but I'm probably going to take my time with it since there aren't trophies this time. I was pretty excited for Neuvilette as a character, but I'm not really feeling his playstyle. I already have Yanfei as a charged attack catalyst DPS on another one of my teams and I don't know if I can justify the investment for an upgrade. The "water nuke" is fun in his trial but there's also a resource management aspect to using it. And the Archon is right around the corner. Decisions, decisions.

On 9/24/2023 at 3:00 AM, TehUberCheezCatz said:

bit of a progress update, got to inazuma, hit ar 40, ended up losing the 50/50 for zhongli to get tighnari, but i got enough gems to get zhongli too, so ive been rocking zhongli/tighnari/fischl/yanfei so far, the game definitely feels easier once you get a 5* lol.
still doing kinda poor on the weapons front but idk, i heard the weapon banner sucks ass so eh.
also not really sure who to roll for next? i know hu tao's good and she's coming up, but i heard she also needs a very particular setup so idk if thats worth the investment rn.
so mostly just slowly working through things still, but hey, progress is progress.

I always hate pulling on the weapon banners but some of them are legitimately good. This one has HP sub-stat 4* weapons which a few characters appreciate (Nilou, Layla, Zhongli, maybe others?) Characters should definitely take precedence though, you can compensate for not having the best weapons with artifacts as needed.

As far as which character to pull, Kazuha is arguably the best support in the game and could ease you into a Hypercarry team with a DPS like Raiden or Ayaka. We have no idea when he'll be back though. Hu Tao is a good DPS but her playstyle is kinda weird - she needs to remain under half HP to maximize damage output. You have a good shielder in Zhongli that can protect her, but you'd also need a good Hydro support like Yelan (5*) or Xinqui (4*) to take advantage of her kit with Vaporize reactions. Also keep in mind that it might take a bit to build up enough of a primogem stash to guarantee another 5*.

2 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Holy Sh*t! First 10 pull since 3.2 wishing for Nahida and got Neuvillette for the 1st wish I believe I was somewhere between 1-6 pity on a 50/50. I was expecting to get screwed over like usual getting 5 stars late pity and losing my 50/50s. Great Fortune for a change.

lucky, I tried for Zhongli with no luck. I keep hoping they will put the Wolfs Gravestone on a weapon banner.

After all of the doomposting surrounding our cutie Furina I've decided to go for the Otter man to be sure she'll work with something I have. 

Got him 6 wishes after losing 50/50 to Tignari.  Haven't won 50/50 in 18 months at this point but I'll take it. 

3UG4bNH.png

What can I say. Powerwashing is satisfying. Even not at full investment I have cleared the second half of 12 abyss floor 36 stars.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

After all of the doomposting surrounding our cutie Furina I've decided to go for the Otter man to be sure she'll work with something I have. 

Got him 6 wishes after losing 50/50 to Tignari.  Haven't won 50/50 in 18 months at this point but I'll take it. 

3UG4bNH.png

What can I say. Powerwashing is satisfying. Even not at full investment I have cleared the second half of 12 abyss floor 36 stars.

Nice one! I also pulled him after losing my 50/50 to Tighnari and since I didn't have him, it didn't hurt so bad. I did have to reach soft pity again to find Neuvillette, so now I am all out of primos.

I have still to explore the new part of the map, as well as do all side-quests and the Archon Quest, with me being sick the past week and also working on a trophy guide left me with no time at all to explore. I hope I can gather enough primos to go for Wriothesley, but if I lose the 50/50, I will give up on him and save for Furina.

10 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Nice one! I also pulled him after losing my 50/50 to Tighnari and since I didn't have him, it didn't hurt so bad.

I actually low-key wanted Tignari and didn't have him either. So it's a win-win for me and still 380 wishes saved. Dunno if I'll go for a Furina con or will save some for Navia. Really like them both. 

The only downside is the need to genocide the entire marine life  of Fountaine for mats. 

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 10:40 AM, Akrioz said:

3UG4bNH.png

I'm getting some serious FOMO with Neuvi. He seems so overpowered it's broken and the Test Run just made me want to pull him even more, but I'm having to stay strong for Raiden. I have about 100 wishes saved, and I'm only just starting Sumeru so I should have plenty of pulls left to bank.

I figure he's more likely to get a rerun sooner so I might try and pick him up a little later on if I have any primo's left. I didn't even think that Prototype would be a good weapon for him with the HP%, so that at least saved on pulling his signature. Hope you're enjoying him.

2 hours ago, HelixNebula_x said:

but I'm having to stay strong for Raiden.

Do you really need to? Are you going for her strength or general vibe? I see you already have a fuctioning Hyperbloom team so Raiden isn't really needed for that. That leaves Raiden national on the table, of course. 

I would say if you enjoy playing Neuvi in test, go for it. I've played him in Neuvi, Fischl, Kazuha, Layla team and got mostly easily through abyss. Stats at the moment of clear are on the pic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Do you really need to? Are you going for her strength or general vibe? I see you already have a fuctioning Hyperbloom team so Raiden isn't really needed for that. That leaves Raiden national on the table, of course. 

I would say if you enjoy playing Neuvi in test, go for it. I've played him in Neuvi, Fischl, Kazuha, Layla team and got mostly easily through abyss. Stats at the moment of clear are on the pic. 

A bit of both to be honest. I know she's stupid strong with a couple of cons and Engulfing, but I know that's a massive investment wishes wise unless I get super lucky. Definitely want C0R1 at the very least. I also love the character and every time her banners have run is when I haven't been playing, so I'm determined to get her this time. I wouldn't mind running her in Rational, as I've finally managed to get XQ, XL and Benny up to Lv. 81 and that style with constant bursts and skills seems so fun to play. 

I might still pull for Neuvi, as I don't mind swiping with the top up reset when Raiden comes up, and the fact that he has a good F2P weapon is pretty good as well. Only problem being I just used all my Hydro crystals on XQ last night, and running low on weapon ores as well after finally grinding out The Catch. Might just farm Hydro cube, just so I don't have to hear 'The power of water, is it's ability to take any shape!' If he doesn't come home though, I'll take the loss and just wait for Raiden.

I'm guessing I could swap Layla out for Zhongli in that team comp?

Edited by HelixNebula_x

6 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I'm guessing I could swap Layla out for Zhongli in that team comp?

Of course, that's the most popular team. My Zhongli was pre-occupied protecting Al-Haitham's ass on the other side.  

Edited by Akrioz
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Of course, that's the most popular team. My Zhongli was pre-occupied protecting Al-Haitham's ass on the other side.  

Think you might have convinced me on this now. Gonna send the pulls tonight and see if Neuvi comes home. Then is guess it's off to farm the new artifact sets for him and Fischl. I have like 60 Fragile saved up, so I should be able to get some decent pieces...surely?!

18 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Just dont forget the face of your strongest enemy. The true archnemesis of Neuvilette. The Bane of Iudex.

Reveal hidden contents

Enemy_Large_Hydro_Slime.png

Beware.

The pulls were not kind, but I did get him. I was at 62 pity, lost to Keqing in the 50/50 and then had to go all the way back up to pity again, so I'm down to 20 wishes. :( 

Spent about 30 of my fragile to grind out the boss mats and got him up to level 80, talents 6/6/6 (I haven't reached Apep yet to go any higher) and I pre-farmed the mats for levelling up Sacrificial Jade when I can get it off the BP next week. I was just going to use Prototype, but doing some digging the BP weapon seems to be really good for him.

Jumped into Marechaussee domain to try and get some pieces, spent about 1200 resin and got absolutely nothing for him but nearly a full Fischl Golden Troupe set. Also, that domain seems far harder than Deepwood or Emblem, I think it's because the enemies are ones you're supposed to hit with the Pneuma/Ousia rather than just smack around.

36 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I think it's because the enemies are ones you're supposed to hit with the Pneuma/Ousia rather than just smack around.

Not really, they are just harder than usual. Congrats on the new unit anyway, hope you like him.

• Like 1

Bit the bullet and decided to roll on the current set cause I wanted fischl's constellations, and in like 50 pulls I got all of the 4* featured to c2, jean (lost the 50/50), then tao on the next 10, so went well I guess.
I can theoretically make a decent tao team later as the second half for abyss, so that's at least decent, but i'm probably not doing that till I get my current up to the point where I can grind shit consistently.  Still can't pull bows to save my life though, so i might switch off hamayumi at this point lol.
Also very close to ar45 so I can enjoy the artifact grind soon which I'm not looking forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes the Gacha Gods love me. I managed to pull Wriothesley at my first 10 pulls (counter was at 0), while also winning 50/50. It's the second time this happens to me in Fontaine after Lyney, but it comes after the 160 pulls to get Neuvilette, so justice is served (ha!).

Now I can save everything for Furina and Charlotte next patch and I will get them even if I lose 50/50. I also can't wait for the Archon Quest next patch, they did us dirty with this cliffhanger. We will also have a new weekly boss:

Spoiler

Prepare to fight Childe's Abyssal Whale

Edited by ZOLANTON
  • Like 2