Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

14 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

2k sent me this response so next patch the Plat Patch!!

Karisma B., Jun 17, 2022, 10:36 PDT:

Hey 

Thank you for being so kind and taking the time to contact me back!

I would like to inform you that this issue you are having has already been notified by the appropriate team and they are aware of the bug.

In the meantime, I have received an update from our investigation department that your hard pass trophy not unlocking issue has been successfully documented! What this means is that the issue will be looked into by the Development Team directly with further investigation and research.

Now, since Customer Support and the Development team are two completely different departments, I, unfortunately, won't be able to tell you how long it will take for the fix for this issue to be implemented since we don't have any insight into those processes here in Customer Support. While I can't access their agenda or timetable, we appreciate your patience on this matter while they fix this bug. If a fix is applied, it will usually be released in the form of an update or patch.

We at customer support do not have an estimated time or do not update on when the issue will be resolved so I apologize for not being able to fix the issue as of now. Please check out the quarry (@SuperMGames): https://twitter.com/SuperMGames?t=7F8CR3ao0C4FrQB1A877Qg&s=09Updates for more up-to-date information.

I request you to have patience till your issue gets resolved by the development team & we appreciate your understanding in this matter!

Kind Regards,

Karisma B.

2K Support

Good to have some input from them so we know it's coming.

Wonder how many people are still gonna try to force it through. Good luck to you all who do. After many, many plays, it has defeated me. I love this game but cannot do another play.... until the patch inevitably forces a brand new playthrough ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

Hey 

I would like to inform you that this issue you are having has already been notified by the appropriate team and they are aware of the bug.

In the meantime, I have received an update from our investigation department that your hard pass trophy not unlocking issue has been successfully documented! What this means is that the issue will be looked into by the Development Team directly with further investigation and research.

Now, since Customer Support and the Development team are two completely different departments, I, unfortunately, won't be able to tell you how long it will take for the fix for this issue to be implemented since we don't have any insight into those processes here in Customer Support. While I can't access their agenda or timetable, we appreciate your patience on this matter while they fix this bug. If a fix is applied, it will usually be released in the form of an update or patch.

We at customer support do not have an estimated time or do not update on when the issue will be resolved so I apologize for not being able to fix the issue as of now. Please check out the quarry (@SuperMGames): https://twitter.com/SuperMGames?t=7F8CR3ao0C4FrQB1A877Qg&s=09Updates for more up-to-date information.

I request you to have patience till your issue gets resolved by the development team & we appreciate your understanding in this matter!

Kind Regards,

Karisma B.

2K Support

Well, happy to hear that it is being worked on. Hopefully, we will get a patch within the next two weeks. 

• Like 2

Well gents it's been quite the journey together. I haven't had this much fun in a community in quite some time! I learned a lot during our adventure including how to datamine to a certain degree. Although I don't really see a point unless it's something like we did. I loved seeing all the hard work from everyone and everyone doing countless runs. We all put on the time to try to unlock this baddie even though we all knew it was likely bugged. Good job everyone! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spartaruckus said:

Hey 

Kind Regards,

Karisma B.

2K Support

Yaaay ? that’s great!  We did it! Great job everyone 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 3

So, I got 100% of the achievements on Steam on Thursday and during the play through which I unlocked the achievement Hard Pass. I picked up at least one tarot card in each chapter and when I got a reading from Eliza I chose not see more every time. I was going for the Kill Everyone achievement as well. Though messed up during chapter 5 with Dylan and got him infected so couldn't kill him, but the rest of the main counselors died (so didn't get that achievement at the same time). I killed Chris Hacket then had Travis shoot Laura and Ryan because I had Laura shoot him in chapter 7 instead of using the syringe to knock him out. Just trying to remember everything and give as much information for the trophy

Edited by Fredsinator
  • Like 2

Okay, just want to give my 2 cents after following the thread since I got the game Monday. I'm playing on PS5 disc version. Had the 2nd update installed when I started, skipped Eliza after every chapter I found a card (chaps 2 & 3, I believe, I missed a card). Saw the post about doing a clean uninstall/install-play offline. Started a clean run yesterday afternoon without the update and trying chapter 9 only didn't work. Turned off my PS5 twice (once when I went to bed, once when I went to work). Only reconnected to PSN when I uploaded my save right before the end of ch. 8 to make sure if it glitched out I could try again. After denying Eliza's help at the end of ch. 8, the trophy popped offline. I got all the tarot cards up to ch. 9 following GWA's collectibles guide. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Just got the fucking trophy! Holy shit! I'll update here in just a few. I'll explain what I did.

Ok, updated profile.

Here is what I did:

• Uploaded all my game save data to cloud (just in case)
  • Deleted game with newest version
  • Went offline
  • Redownloaded game with only version 1.00
  • Played offline all the way through and collected all tarot cards with the exception of "Justice" (Jacob's tarot) - killed him off early while going for the Peanut Butter ButterPops trophy
  • Selected Move On each time and trophy popped at end of Chapter 9.
  • I played in one sitting

Note: I have the disk version. Can't say for those playing digital.

was abi n emma dead so you couldnt get the card or was abi alive and just didnt pick it up?

13 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

was abi n emma dead so you couldnt get the card or was abi alive and just didnt pick it up?

Emma died in chapter 4 and Abi died in chapter 6 during my play through. You don't need to get every tarot card for this trophy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartaruckus said:

Hey 

Kind Regards,

Karisma B.

2K Support

which means as many of us said, wait for a patch. Amazing how worked up some people get over 1 trophy.

Anyways, ill keep doing runs for the other trophies until then.

35 minutes ago, Beatle-Girl said:

if I were to play the unpatched version of the game, do I just need to collect at least one card from each chapter (not the unskippable one) and move on each time? i'll try it out soon.

I collected every card up until ch. 9 as the trophy popped for me at the end of ch. 8. I was offline a majority of the time playing the unpatched, disc version and it worked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fasjab_1 said:

I collected every card up until ch. 9 as the trophy popped for me at the end of ch. 8. I was offline a majority of the time playing the unpatched, disc version and it worked. 

Okay i'll try this soon, just need to finish my current playthrough.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Datanode1 said:

Nice.

Also did you do it on unpatched Disc version?

I completed the Prologue unpatched. I finished the rest of the game patched. I have one more run in me to test another theory then I'm moving on to Sifu and Ratchet & Clank. I appreciate everyone here and apologize if I don't figure out how this trophy popped.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

The latter. Emma was dead and Abi was alive in the storage area during Chapter 9. Saw the heirophant card but did not pick up. 

18 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Just got the fucking trophy! Holy shit! I'll update here in just a few. I'll explain what I did.

Ok, updated profile.

Here is what I did:

• Uploaded all my game save data to cloud (just in case)
  • Deleted game with newest version
  • Went offline
  • Redownloaded game with only version 1.00
  • Played offline all the way through and collected all tarot cards with the exception of "Justice" (Jacob's tarot) - killed him off early while going for the Peanut Butter ButterPops trophy
  • Selected Move On each time and trophy popped at end of Chapter 9.
  • I played in one sitting

Note: I have the disk version. Can't say for those playing digital.

I just got the trophy with this method!!! Thank you!!!

I have updated my profile.

Edited by JayLatte
  • Like 1