Aiha's Gallery of Leaves

AihaLoveleaf

This one looks like another Touhou game that is sure worth experiencing. I'll be sure to give it a go at some point as I'm looking to get more involved with the franchise in general. Cute girls doing hellish danmaku battles? Sign me up!

Now, 4/10 my ass. I checked that Boss Rush mode video of yours and just at a glance you can tell this is not a 4/10. It maybe is for the guy who played Raiden IV, but this one definitely looks harder than a 4. It'll probably be a nice game to experience myself since I'm still getting acclimatized to the genre.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

This one looks like another Touhou game that is sure worth experiencing. I'll be sure to give it a go at some point as I'm looking to get more involved with the franchise in general. Cute girls doing hellish danmaku battles? Sign me up!

Interested to see how you get on with Genso Rondo later. I can't be the only one getting my butt kicked by Danmaku Girls around here.

22 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Now, 4/10 my ass. I checked that Boss Rush mode video of yours and just at a glance you can tell this is not a 4/10. It maybe is for the guy who played Raiden IV, but this one definitely looks harder than a 4. It'll probably be a nice game to experience myself since I'm still getting acclimatized to the genre.

Speaking of which: the next stage in the Touhou series looks incredible. Azure Reflections is also Danmaku, and looks highly refined. We can't possibly miss that one. :P 

It's also properly rated on PST, so expectations will already be aligned in the right direction from the moment the game starts.

• Like 4

Congrats! I have virtually no shmup experience, and the idea of a shmup-arena fighter hybrid sounded appealing to me. After seeing your gameplay video though, I'll probably pass on it.

On 24/12/2022 at 9:57 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

UR effort for no UR platinium

I was thinking this too. Sounds like a rough plat.

• Like 1

Excellent write-up for an equally excellent game. =D

It goes without saying but PBS is one of those genius ideas in gaming that I wonder how no one ever came up with it before. Like, why did it takes us so long to realize the potential of a TPS game with an all-out girls' cast splashing one another with Super Soakers? It's just genius, really. uwu

Now, for how great the concept is and how fun playing PBS is, it's not without its faults. Its gameplay is solid, its matches are fun, its story is engaging and its gacha card antics are fair (and the artwork is pretty darn hot, indeed), but the game is a bit unbalanced at times. Some of the support weapons aren't really that useful, and the Gatling gun is severely OP too. That last gif of yours up above reminded me of that. x3 I don't know, it's one area where I thought the game could use improvement. Better balancing to make all weapons have good usability all-around.

Another thing was the performance, it ran well for the most part. But its frame-drop would sometimes dip on my PS4 Slim during the most hectic moments. Although, I can imagine this not being an issue on a PS4 Pro or a PS5.

But really, this is just me nitpicking here. Other than that, it's certainly one of my favorite games in the franchise and one I most certainly recommend. Totally deserves a sequel later on if they ever want to revisit this idea again in the future. ^^

Fun Fact: the 'New' in NewTube is pronounced "nyuu" -- one of many Japanese words for "boobs"

Aiha always having an edge here with his advanced Japanese knowledge. Now the particular shape of that NewTube logo makes a lot more sense. xxD

Also, obligatory pump pump pump gif. ;D

1_ipTwH3O.gif

• Like 4

On 12/30/2022 at 9:27 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Having the Shadow of the Colossus plat be my 2,000th trophy was actually a nightmare as you probably remember so props to you for curating your profile in this way but I can't see myself doing it again unless it REALLY falls into place

Yeah, setting up the trophy# milestones in general can be a not-fun experience in some ways. I still enjoy it enough to go ahead and do it, but they can be a stressful process to get everything just right. Fortunately for me, I mathed it out ahead of time and found that if I played my last three games straight through with no diversions, then my Senran Kagura plat hits 2500 perfectly with no game hopping. Probably just going to be a one-time thing, though; I don't see myself using a Platinum for a trophy# milestone in the future, since I generally prefer to showcase other kinds of trophies with those spots.

On 1/1/2023 at 3:42 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Excellent write-up for an equally excellent game. =D

It goes without saying but PBS is one of those genius ideas in gaming that I wonder how no one ever came up with it before. Like, why did it takes us so long to realize the potential of a TPS game with an all-out girls' cast splashing one another with Super Soakers? It's just genius, really. uwu

Now, for how great the concept is and how fun playing PBS is, it's not without its faults. Its gameplay is solid, its matches are fun, its story is engaging and its gacha card antics are fair (and the artwork is pretty darn hot, indeed), but the game is a bit unbalanced at times. Some of the support weapons aren't really that useful, and the Gatling gun is severely OP too. That last gif of yours up above reminded me of that. x3 I don't know, it's one area where I thought the game could use improvement. Better balancing to make all weapons have good usability all-around.

Thank you, Honor! It is odd how it took so long for us to get a game of waifus in a Team Deathmatch setting, lol. Luckily for us we're currently living in that glorious future.

You're right about the weapon balancing, though. I didn't think to bring up the fact that most weapons plain suck, because the game doesn't force you to use any that you don't like, thanks to the EXP banking system. Now if we had to use each gun individually to level 10, I'd be sprinkling a lot more salt over how bad the experience is with certain guns.

On 1/1/2023 at 3:42 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Aiha always having an edge here with his advanced Japanese knowledge. Now the particular shape of that NewTube logo makes a lot more sense. xxD

Getting those little bits of insight here and there makes the experience that much more interesting. I'll be sure to bring in more of those nifty "keikaku means plan" TL notes where applicable. ?

On 1/5/2023 at 6:39 AM, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats! I've played the same SK games as you and PBS is easily my favourite. I actually liked that all girls played the same so that I could always use Rin lol. And I see from your GIF that you also abused the minigun. :P

Thanks Yuber! That is true; other than the melee attacks that you'll barely use, you can run any girl you like without much consequence. It was fun enough playing my favorite girls, but it was also a blast seeing them on the opponent team, where I can show up after the kill and detach some of those bikinis. :P Miniguns were pretty insane, though: great range and great damage too. Running miniguns with a deck of Haruka cards made any match a confirmed win. If I ever come back for some of those Survival Pack cards, I'll certainly be running that loadout again.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your most recent completion, Aiha. And wxcellent write-up on Re;Birth 1 as well. ^^

It's cool seeing how this remake differs so wildly from the original game while at the same time still drawing heavily from it. Why, it might be an alternate retelling of the whole thing happening in a different universe altogether. That's a rather interesting approach to it. Makes me wonder how the PS5 Reverse version is going to fit in all this scenario Compile Heart and Idea Factory have crafted for this franchise.

If you're coming to Re;Birth1 after leaning on the comforts of early access to DLC equipment in the PS3 trilogy, then the Vita remake will come as a bit of a shock early on. Re;Birth1 starts off challenging, even with DLC characters in your party, and features some interesting difficulty spikes in early boss fights. Even after enabling "Weaken Enemies" in the Remake System, you'll need to grind extra levels along the way to avoid getting swamped by monsters and bosses in each new dungeon. Assuming you did grab the DLC, however, the balance tips wildly in your favor if you can hold out until Chapter 5, as you then gain access to very easy leveling and a very strong weapon. 

I vividly remember my very first few moments in Re;Birth 1 being reasonably challenging with my party being wiped out after encountering foes that were just too OP for my current party. It gets slightly easier the more you progress, true, but the starting moments did force me to grind a fair bit in hopes of defeating these tough bosses. Can say I played without the DLC at the time so that probably factored a lot into the difficulty as well.

PS3 trilogy players will be pleased to find that the Lily Rank (basically, character affection level) grind requirement present in mk2 and Victory is absent from the trophy list. What is present though, is a gigantic grind for Credits -- 100 million to be exact! Without DLC, expect a brutally boring grind on a certain late-game enemy for about 300,000 credits a pop. Do yourself a favor and pick up the Level Cap DLC; it's inexpensive and cuts down on the grind immensely. After a bit of preparatory leveling, you can easily handle Colosseum fights that pay out millions of Credits at a time, turning the grind from a boring slog to fun diversion, as you work to make your team ready for those higher level fights.

Ooh, totally. I didn't spend any money on the DLC back then and I still remember the incredibly boring post-game grind very well. I wish I would have known of this method when I tackled the game at the time. I had a good time playing it but the boring post-game grind somehow dampened my final impression of it. xP

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Congrats on your most recent completion, Aiha. And wxcellent write-up on Re;Birth 1 as well. ^^

It's cool seeing how this remake differs so wildly from the original game while at the same time still drawing heavily from it. Why, it might be an alternate retelling of the whole thing happening in a different universe altogether. That's a rather interesting approach to it. Makes me wonder how the PS5 Reverse version is going to fit in all this scenario Compile Heart and Idea Factory have crafted for this franchise.

Appreciate it, Honor. ?

I wonder about the PS5 version, too. I've averted my eyes from doing any thorough pre-game investigations of future titles, but through the occasional screenshot and trophy icon I've noticed later versions of this game have characters worked into the base game that weren't in this Vita release. I expect at least some differences in the script to account for it, so I'm interested to see how that plays out later on. I'm about 99% sure that I'll be playing the Japanese Re;Birth1 Plus too, so that should eventually show up here for those that won't be experiencing it for themselves.

I vividly remember my very first few moments in Re;Birth 1 being reasonably challenging with my party being wiped out after encountering foes that were just too OP for my current party. It gets slightly easier the more you progress, true, but the starting moments did force me to grind a fair bit in hopes of defeating these tough bosses. Can say I played without the DLC at the time so that probably factored a lot into the difficulty as well.

The opening dungeon certainly took me by surprise in Re;Birth1. My shock when even the Dogoos were dealing significant damage to me, lol. In HDN on the PS3, you could make a beeline to DLC dungeons early on and grab endgame gear to ease the difficulty. In mk2 and Victory, they simply dropped the DLC items in your inventory and let you use them right away. Re;Birth1 was a bit hardcore in that they make you unlock those items through regular gameplay, so that was a bit of an adjustment. While the challenge was fine, the downside was that by the time I finally grabbed the Plan to make CPU Rings for that sweet 50% resistance boost, I was at a point in the game where it almost didn't matter anymore.

Ooh, totally. I didn't spend any money on the DLC back then and I still remember the incredibly boring post-game grind very well. I wish I would have known of this method when I tackled the game at the time. I had a good time playing it but the boring post-game grind somehow dampened my final impression of it. xP

From the looks of those old PST/GameFAQs posts: the Polytan DLC wasn't around immediately after release. Not too sure about the Level Cap DLCs either. Had to have been rough for those folks that got stuck grinding outside of the Colosseum though -- my prayers go out to all of them. For those new players picking up the game in 2023, it's worth the couple of bucks to save your sanity points from being depleted.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! It really came as a shock when I saw that you platinumed a FF game that fast xD the PS4 speed modifier really made a difference!

On 2/14/2023 at 8:33 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

hG8Zmbd.gif
Did I forget to mention there's a hot bunny girl? Apologies

Ah so this is where the hot bunny girl is from ? i kept seeing her in various articles, but never knew the game.

On 2/14/2023 at 8:33 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

It's not a JRPG without an optional superboss, and for me, the memorable highlight of my PS2 XII experience was by far the fight with Yiazmat. With over 50,000,000 (yes, million) HP, the fight took most players several hours to complete in the PS2 original. I vividly remember my fight with Yiazmat taking me about five hours to complete, and I couldn't let the Gambits do their thing and walk away either; I had to actively track the fight to avoid a Game Over. Yiazmat was no joke on the PS2 version, especially since he was immune to debuffs that make him hit like a puppy in the PS4 version. My initial victory over Yiazmat stood out in memory for me among JRPG accomplishments, and was always something I looked back on fondly. So, how does the Yiazmat fight compare on PS4, where you can bring debuffs and 4x speed? Well, it took me about 15 minutes. Modern conveniences really make this battle convenient. Regardless, I'm happy enough to have faced Yiazmat for the first time in almost 17 years, and I love that I was able to record the encounter this time.

Holy...5 hours? ok PS2 jRPGs really took no prisoners xD 

Again, bless the 4x speed. That's a serious QoL improvement!

Interesting game I'd say...I don't think I heard much about FF12, people mostly talk about Cloud 7, the HAHAHA kid from 10 and how awful 13 was xD nice to see that 12 is a good entry!

• Like 2

I think this is a great thread. Let me review your reviews! ^_^

Don't worry, I'll read the entire reviews later. ;)

Platinum #34 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2

Platinum #37 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Platinum #46 - Hyperdimension Neptunia PP

I have played a few Neptunia games in various previous accounts: The original back when I still had a PS3, the remake on Vita, and the MMO knockoff Cyber Goddesses Online. All of them have their charm, though the original is a bit dated for me. However, I find the games to be a bit overcomplicated for me and I can't find any consistent guides telling me the best way to go through them. Still, I feel like these games are underrated next to Nippon Ichi's big seller, the Disgaea series. I find the fact that Vert has no CPU candidate(because the Candidates are counterparts to the real-life handhelds and Microsoft wisely decided not to go there xD) and that busty Goddess getting all snippy and trying to steal the other Candidates to make her sister a bit hilarious. If it wasn't for the gameplay, I'd go for these titles, but I am glad you enjoy them. ^_^

Platinum #35 - DragonFangZ

Might look into this. I enjoyed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games when they were new as well as Azure Dreams(an old PS1 title where you climbed up a tower and got monster eggs) so this might be a go-to for me, even with the horrendeous translations. (As long as it's legible I can play it.) Also love the jab at the Dragonball name. xD

Platinum #36 - Dead or School

Not really want to be a fan of the "fan-service" games, but this is an interesting concept, sort of like Devil May Cry with a female protagonist. If it's not too hard to master, I might be interested. ;)

Platinum #38 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Yeah, not really sure I want to touch this. I know that Senran Kagura is - mainly very busty ninja girls who fight stuff with their ninjutsu. Sort of like Ranma 1/2 on crack. xD Though I will give it the benefit of the doubt thanks to your review.

Then again, I saw the animated gif of the girl in the cage and saw her clothes being ripped off and thought "Uh yeeeah, I am not going to touch this series with a sterilized ten-foot pole, for my nieces might be watching." :P

Platinum #39 - Titanfall 2 (8.29%) 
Completion Time: 1 day, 10 hours

It may surprise some readers of the checklist to learn that I do sometimes play non-Japanese games.

Nah, I saw your platinum list, you have the Spyro Reignited trilogy, so I know you don't just weeb it out all the time. :P

Platinum #40 - Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd

Rhythm games are not my forte... though to be fair, after playing the demo for Theaterhythm: Final Bar Line, I may retract that statement for that title. Still, kudos to you, I'm sure that the songs of the vocaloid are amazing. ;)

Platinum #41, 42 and 43

Another rhythm game with VN elements, and three in a series? Well, I never got into manga or anime much(except for anime dubs) but I'm sure if I had been into Love Live, I would have eaten these up like candy. :)

Onrush

Hotshot Racing

Not into racing games, sadly.

Platinum #45
Babylon's Fall (44.10%)

Glad you could boost this considering how the game lost support fast due to the horrible reviews. Alas, the devs didn't realize how bad this game would fall. Still, good job on this platinum! ^_^

Altered Beast

Golden Axe

Comix Zone

Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Not surprised to see non-plats. Some of these non-plats are great games despite not having an ultimate goal. There are a few games I would love to add to my collection despite them not having platinum trophies as I enjoyed playing them in other accounts: Song of the Deep, A Boy and his Blob, etc.

Touhou Genso Rondo

I've seen a lot of Touhou going around. I even saw someone play a Mother 3 remake based on the Touhou universe, that's where I learned about all the characters. Not really into bullet hell shooters but if you like them, you do you. ^_^

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Copanele said:

Congrats! It really came as a shock when I saw that you platinumed a FF game that fast xD the PS4 speed modifier really made a difference!

Thanks Copanele! ? Being able to do what would have taken me 300 hours in about half the time was great. If JRPGs don't want to adopt Gambit-like systems, then they should at least consider speed boosters -- even if just for the older ones making a comeback via a port.

Ah so this is where the hot bunny girl is from 1f60c.png i kept seeing her in various articles, but never knew the game.

Yeah, XII was my introduction to the Viera species, but apparently they go all the way back to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! I technically haven't moved forward with the series since my first time playing XII, but I hope Square brought them into some of the later titles, considering how easily they stimulate player engagement. ?

Holy...5 hours? ok PS2 jRPGs really took no prisoners xD 

Again, bless the 4x speed. That's a serious QoL improvement!

Interesting game I'd say...I don't think I heard much about FF12, people mostly talk about Cloud 7, the HAHAHA kid from 10 and how awful 13 was xD nice to see that 12 is a good entry!

You're right about that! lol. Doing the hardest version of that boss at 1x speed back in the day is an experience to remember. I'm glad I did it when I did, because I certainly wouldn't want to do that again in 2023.

Despite 12 doing pretty well in terms of sales and reception, it does feel like it tends to be skipped over in discussion. My guess is that it may come down to the rather straightforward story and minimal character development, compared to the standout experiences that 7, 10 and 13 were -- for better or worse. ? When it comes to gameplay though, 12 totally nails it, and I love what Square pulled off here.

4 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I think this is a great thread. Let me review your reviews! ^_^

Hey Taruta! Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind sentiment, as well as the time you took to check out the rest of the thread.

I have played a few Neptunia games in various previous accounts: The original back when I still had a PS3, the remake on Vita, and the MMO knockoff Cyber Goddesses Online. All of them have their charm, though the original is a bit dated for me. However, I find the games to be a bit overcomplicated for me and I can't find any consistent guides telling me the best way to go through them. Still, I feel like these games are underrated next to Nippon Ichi's big seller, the Disgaea series. I find the fact that Vert has no CPU candidate(because the Candidates are counterparts to the real-life handhelds and Microsoft wisely decided not to go there xD) and that busty Goddess getting all snippy and trying to steal the other Candidates to make her sister a bit hilarious. If it wasn't for the gameplay, I'd go for these titles, but I am glad you enjoy them. ^_^

The first Neptunia game certainly shows its age nowadays - and I imagine that it did even at release. Though I do find its dated elements are part of its charm, it's undeniable that it did often feel like I was playing a PS2 game on the PS3. Based on some information from a friend in the industry though, it's entirely possible that the game actually was made in part with PS2 development tools, but there's no way to know that for sure without scouring the net for fossilized developer interviews.

Navigating the Neptune series does appear a daunting task at first, but I've discovered that going in release order gives you the full experience. Even at points in the franchise when you'd expect the series to branch off -- like the Vita games -- they still manage to maintain direct links to the PS3 originals, instead of casting them off for a new experience.

I also like the attention to detail within the series. Sad as it is for Vert that she lacks a little sister (lol), it is at least consistent with Microsoft's unwillingness to branch off from the home console market. A lot of my favorite Vert moments tend to involve her gaming obsession. For folks like us, it's easy to relate to her desire to clear the backlog and pop all of the achievements. I also can't help but feel a few neurons igniting when she proclaims mastery in my favorite genre.

dkkL2Di.jpg

Might look into this. I enjoyed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games when they were new as well as Azure Dreams(an old PS1 title where you climbed up a tower and got monster eggs) so this might be a go-to for me, even with the horrendeous translations. (As long as it's legible I can play it.) Also love the jab at the Dragonball name. xD

I hope you enjoy it if you get around to it! If you've played PMD, then you'll be right at home in DragonFang Z. It scratches the itch for turn-based, strategic gameplay nicely - and filling out entries in the monster database hits similar notes to populating the Pokédex in a Pokémon game.

Not really want to be a fan of the "fan-service" games, but this is an interesting concept, sort of like Devil May Cry with a female protagonist. If it's not too hard to master, I might be interested. ;)

Dead or School does sit pretty firmly in the niche category. ? It's understandable the fan service may be too great a barrier for some, but there is still a very fun action game underneath. The difficulty overall is pretty low, and by the end of the game your equipment is leveled up to the point that you become an overpowered mutant grinding machine, so feel free to dive in if it does appear interesting at all.

Yeah, not really sure I want to touch this. I know that Senran Kagura is - mainly very busty ninja girls who fight stuff with their ninjutsu. Sort of like Ranma 1/2 on crack. xD Though I will give it the benefit of the doubt thanks to your review.

Then again, I saw the animated gif of the girl in the cage and saw her clothes being ripped off and thought "Uh yeeeah, I am not going to touch this series with a sterilized ten-foot pole, for my nieces might be watching." :P

Heh, that's understandable. Compared to Dead or School, the Senran Kagura franchise is an even tougher sell for people that don't get into those sorts of games. As much as I did enjoy the gratuitous fan service, the biggest pull of the series for me has been the care the creators took in building its universe. The plot and continuity of the series is -- surprisingly -- pretty good, and the games succeed regularly in suspending your disbelief of busty shinobi babes on screen long enough to take its serious and tender moments with care. Certain character arcs -- sometimes spanning multiple games -- also hit pretty hard at times, and receive excellent closure later on. Senran Kagura does feel pretty similar to Neptunia in ways, which does justify both series eventually crossing over into each other.

That said though, if there are kids watching your gaming sessions, then it's definitely a skip. :P

Nah, I saw your platinum list, you have the Spyro Reignited trilogy, so I know you don't just weeb it out all the time. :P

That is true, lol. I don't mind paying the time and attention to a Western release if it appears engaging enough. I'd also like to eventually get some Crash completions to complement the Spyro, but that can wait until later.

Rhythm games are not my forte... though to be fair, after playing the demo for Theaterhythm: Final Bar Line, I may retract that statement for that title. Still, kudos to you, I'm sure that the songs of the vocaloid are amazing. ;)

I played the Theatrhythm demo too, and it was awesome! I have no experience with the 3DS titles, so I need some more time to get acclimated with the game's higher difficulties, but I'm excited by the game's seemingly high skill ceiling in Supreme mode. Likely won't be jumping in until the game sees a good sale in the future, but I'll make sure to play the full version eventually. 

5 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Another rhythm game with VN elements, and three in a series? Well, I never got into manga or anime much(except for anime dubs) but I'm sure if I had been into Love Live, I would have eaten these up like candy. :)

For fans -- or receptive newcomers -- of the series, the Love Live Vita games are pretty decent. It was my first true exposure to the franchise, and I learned quite a bit about the plot - but more importantly, the quirks of each character. ? 

Unfortunately, anybody that can't read the story is really only getting about half of a game, and the gameplay of the rhythm game part of the experience alone isn't strong enough to justify the cost for most import players.

Glad you could boost this considering how the game lost support fast due to the horrible reviews. Alas, the devs didn't realize how bad this game would fall. Still, good job on this platinum! ^_^

Thanks! I probably should have taken those indicators of pulled support as a sign to leave the burning building that is Babylon's Fall alone, but it's far too late at this point. The saddest part was this being my first game from PlatinumGames, but at least the quality can only improve from here.

Not surprised to see non-plats. Some of these non-plats are great games despite not having an ultimate goal. There are a few games I would love to add to my collection despite them not having platinum trophies as I enjoyed playing them in other accounts: Song of the Deep, A Boy and his Blob, etc.

I'm pretty okay with picking up 100% lists if the game looks interesting. Non-plats do sometimes strike with disappointment when it's a game that totally should have had a plat; Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 for example required an effort more than worthy of one. It is what it is, though. The upside is that those non-plat lists do tend to have rarer trophies on average due to the lack of a Platinum to chase.

I've seen a lot of Touhou going around. I even saw someone play a Mother 3 remake based on the Touhou universe, that's where I learned about all the characters. Not really into bullet hell shooters but if you like them, you do you. ^_^

The Touhou franchise is absolutely massive, and once you get into the fangames and doujin projects, the rabbit hole is limitless. I reckon at this point that we all have at least one wacky piece of Touhou media that we've engaged with. ? I'm still rather green to the shooter genre in general, but I am finding it to tickle my lizard brain's desire for engaging gameplay, so I'll stay aboard to see where that takes me.

19 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Did you know that they are discounting Neptunia x Sengan Kagura by 40%, 80% if you're a PS+ member. I could get that game for $20! Just letting you know because I know you are a big fan of both franchises. ;)

$19.99 is not too bad at all! For anybody that's ready to play the game right now, I think it's a great time to go in and purchase.

I've set the condition for myself that I won't play Ninja Wars until I've played everything that released in both franchises before it, but I am interested to see how both universes merge into each other. By the time I've gotten through that many games, the sale price should improve further, but we'll see.

• Like 3

Congrats! I was always on the fence about FF12 partially due to the gameplay, but moreso due to the story. A political based story didn't sound appealing to me, and you saying that the characters don't really get explored puts me off further lol.

But then again, I thought FF15 had a great story, despite everyone shitting on it. I'll give this one a chance at some point, and the gambit system does make me curious now.

• Like 3