Aiha's Gallery of Leaves

AihaLoveleaf

Awesome work, Aiha! Happy to see you conquering not only another rhythm game but one of the teal-tailed goddess herself. And an extremely tough one to complete, too, judging by rarity.

Pretty cool that this game allows you to unlock songs, modules, and all manner of extra trinkets from the previous game in the series after hooking up with a PSP title. For the average consumer, I am sure that's a great way to get a lot of bang for your buck if you own the other games in the series. But from a trophy hunter's perspective, I can see all those extra hoops you have to go through to complete the game to be more on the tedious side. Regardless, I still think it's cool that you can get so much extra content for a game you love if you're loyal to it. I can't really think of any other game on PSN that offers such extra content after pairing it up with a handheld version.

As for the rhythm game shenanigans, I gotta admit, much like when Yuber reads one of my racing write-ups, much of this went over my head, lol. All I got is that the game is tough. Perhaps not the most difficult in the whole franchise, but still high up there. That and that you also have to go through a lot of songs to complete the whole thing.

Best of luck on your Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Extend undertaking once you jump into that one! =D 

On 24/6/2023 at 5:19 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Thank you, Honor! 1f604.png Huge bummer that PSNP destroyed the old reply like that. The sooner this Cloudflare crap comes to an end, the better. We aren't robots; just our catgirl maids.

Damn right! xxD

I'd love to see somebody else in the group play through Gravity Rush, and hopefully experience its greatness. 1f60c.png There's a part of the game in particular that I'm interested in seeing your reaction to, but I'll leave that for you to discover in your eventual playthrough. 

Now you got me all curious about trying out the game sooner.

• Like 4

Big congrats on this one, especially how quickly you got it done! This is my first time seeing that part of Intense Voice outside of a gif or the Diva X medley. Holy shit that is ridiculously fast. I'm dreading having to do that at some point. Combo challenge PTSD lol.

Also, I watched your video of The Christmas Song and am legitimately horrified to have to do that one-handed.

Edited by Yuber6969
Typo
  • Like 4

On 7/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Awesome work, Aiha! Happy to see you conquering not only another rhythm game but one of the teal-tailed goddess herself. And an extremely tough one to complete, too, judging by rarity.

Pretty cool that this game allows you to unlock songs, modules, and all manner of extra trinkets from the previous game in the series after hooking up with a PSP title. For the average consumer, I am sure that's a great way to get a lot of bang for your buck if you own the other games in the series. But from a trophy hunter's perspective, I can see all those extra hoops you have to go through to complete the game to be more on the tedious side. Regardless, I still think it's cool that you can get so much extra content for a game you love if you're loyal to it. I can't really think of any other game on PSN that offers such extra content after pairing it up with a handheld version.

As for the rhythm game shenanigans, I gotta admit, much like when Yuber reads one of my racing write-ups, much of this went over my head, lol. All I got is that the game is tough. Perhaps not the most difficult in the whole franchise, but still high up there. That and that you also have to go through a lot of songs to complete the whole thing.

Best of luck on your Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Extend undertaking once you jump into that one! =D 

Thank you, Honor. ? It is interesting how challenging the list is, despite being one of the easier Diva games overall if you ignore the trophies. Maybe once this is all done with, I'll do a difficulty ranking of some sort.

Regardless of the tedium though, it is good that the past game's content was included. Dreamy Theater 2nd has improved controls over the first one, which also makes this the definitive way to play all the songs of the first game as well. Casual players could technically skip Dreamy Theater 1, while the trophy hunters may still be interested for completion's sake. 

I feel you when it comes to the technical stuff. :P Glad I was at least able to get across what the game was about before getting lost in the details; that was my goal with the write-up.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:51 PM, Yuber6969 said:

Big congrats on this one, especially how quickly you got it done! This is my first time seeing that part of Intense Voice outside of a gif or the Diva X medley. Holy shit that is ridiculously fast. I'm dreading having to do that at some point. Combo challenge PTSD lol.

Also, I watched your video of The Christmas Song and am legitimately horrified to have to do that one-handed.

Thanks man. ? Working up to Intense Voice will be a journey, but we're lucky to have so many resources available in 2023 to build up the skill. You've got this.

And yeah—that was exactly my reaction after suffering through The Christmas Song. I definitely went into it a little cockier than I should have, and got humbled real quick before sitting down to study the piano solo, lol. My view on the DT1 100% went from "Eh, baby stuff" to "You guys with the 100% have my respect" real quick when I realized I'm going to have to come back to the two boss songs with one hand.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 1:14 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

100% #18
初音ミク -PROJECT DIVA- ドリーミーシアター 2ND (0.91%)
Hatsune Miku -PROJECT DIVA- Dreamy Theater 2nd
Completion Time: 3 days, 6 hours (Play Time: 44 Hours)

After browsing the "Members I Follow" tab for the first time in a while, I was surprised to see this (and that I missed it previously). Aside from the obvious amount of skill involved, I'm mostly impressed by the dedication it would take to finish this in three days. In my case, I slowly worked through perfecting the songlist on lower difficulties throughout the course of several months because I got bored easily (I also quit halfway through the songlist on extreme for no real reason, but that's not what this is about). Anyway, I'm really behind on this thread and this site in general, but I'd like to change that hopefully soon. I see that you're playing Musynx right now, and I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it after you finish it.

Edited by Cave Johnson
typo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Cave Johnson said:

After browsing the "Members I Follow" tab for the first time in a while, I was surprised to see this (and that I missed it previously). Aside from the obvious amount of skill involved, I'm mostly impressed by the dedication it would take to finish this in three days. In my case, I slowly worked through perfecting the songlist on lower difficulties throughout the course of several months because I got bored easily (I also quit halfway through the songlist on extreme for no real reason, but that's not what this is about). Anyway, I'm really behind on this thread and this site in general, but I'd like to change that hopefully soon. I see that you're playing Musynx right now, and I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it after you finish it.

Hey, Cave! It's been a while. Great to see you back on the forum. :D 

Due to how much of the game you can get away with playing before any trophies actually pop, Dreamy Theater 2nd was closer to a 5-6 day completion. Regardless, all of the most tedious content was handled in that three day span, including those Easy and Normal charts. As you've mentioned, it got boring pretty quickly, but when I saw I was on track for a decent leaderboard spot, that was all of the motivation I needed!

I'd love to see you come back to Diva eventually. The series is a pretty lonely section of the hobby nowadays; all made worse by the fact that I wasn't on here when major releases actually were being talked about on the forum. -_- It'd certainly be fun to read any future updates to the Dreamy Theater diary you started a while back. I'm also hoping that I get to hear a big Diva victory story from Solid eventually. I won't disturb him with a tag, but I can see how hard he's been working, and I'm rooting for him.

As for me, eventually completing Diva Extend is a given, but I'm also gearing up for another Diva-related project. My AniList profile and its recent activity will probably make it apparent what's in the works.

There'll be a post for Musynx for sure. 6K mode is rightfully kicking this 2-4 button caveman's butt—but more importantly, my eyes are being opened to an entire Chinese section of the otaku hobby, and it's really cool. I will fully nerd out over the experience as soon as it's finished. :P 

Edited by AihaLoveleaf
typo sweep
  • Like 3

On 8/25/2023 at 9:42 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Hey, Cave! It's been a while. Great to see you back on the forum. :D 

Due to how much of the game you can get away with playing before any trophies actually pop, Dreamy Theater 2nd was closer to a 5-6 day completion. Regardless, all of the most tedious content was handled in that three day span, including those Easy and Normal charts. As you've mentioned, it got boring pretty quickly, but when I saw I was on track for a decent leaderboard spot, that was all of the motivation I needed!

I'd love to see you come back to Diva eventually. The series is a pretty lonely section of the hobby nowadays; all made worse by the fact that I wasn't on here when major releases actually were being talked about on the forum. -_- It'd certainly be fun to read any future updates to the Dreamy Theater diary you started a while back. I'm also hoping that I get to hear a big Diva victory story from Solid eventually. I won't disturb him with a tag, but I can see how hard he's been working, and I'm rooting for him.

As for me, eventually completing Diva Extend is a given, but I'm also gearing up for another Diva-related project. My AniList profile and its recent activity will probably make it apparent what's in the works.

There'll be a post for Musynx for sure. 6K mode is rightfully kicking this 2-4 button caveman's butt—but more importantly, my eyes are being opened to an entire Chinese section of the otaku hobby, and it's really cool. I will fully nerd out over the experience as soon as it's finished. :P 

I didn't think of that, though I should've known since I used the exact same tactic to get a platinum time of under 4 hours for the PS3 version of Project Diva F. Regardless, I don't think anything could've motivated me to finish the easier charts in Dreamy Theater 2nd as quick as you did. 

It will happen eventually, it's just hard to say when with how my mind works. Sometimes I can focus on one game, other times I can't; I don't really get it either. When I go to an arcade for example, I usually switch between four or five rhythm games (depending on what they have).

From what I can tell it has to be Miracle Girls Festival. For some reason I thought you already played it, but looking at your profile I see that's not the case.

6K was easy for me only because I had just come from playing a lot of DJMax at the time. Speaking of which, there's also an entire Korean section of the hobby to learn about through DJMax, and I can only imagine how much more there is beyond that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my checklist, which I have linked below. I would like your feedback on the idea.

Professor Seajay's Make It Platinum Rain Checklist

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but the Pokemon company is doing a collab with your favorite vocaloid for Project Voltage.

"This collaboration is between Pokémon and Hatsune Miku and features collaborations between Pokémon and Hatsune Miku for both artwork, as well as music and songs. From September 4th 2023, each day special artwork was released based on the idea of "What if Hatsune Miku was a ___-type Pokémon trainer?", covering all 18 types of Pokémon and drawn by 6 different artists."

https://www.serebii.net/music/projectvoltage/

psychicth.jpg

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:00 AM, Copanele said:
  • I am the father of all cheapskates as long as I can get something for free (bless the daily rewards 😌)

I feel you. That $10 we saved bought us another game—another DLC, even! The slow F2P crawl is the way to go, in my opinion.

• In robot wars, no super master Gundam can stand against 3 guys who spam cannons nonstop.

I still think about that random dude and wonder how he felt when three players suddenly ganged up on him instead of each other. 

• The best satisfaction is when you get a trophy legit by randomly throwing an EMP mine in a group of angry guys clanking at each other.

It really was every man for himself once those invaders plunged us into chaos, lol. I'm not sure how many trophies I popped unintentionally during the free-for-all moments, but scoring the EMP kill is definitely something.

• Holy crap this is the second mecha game I've played, am I getting automated here? 😂

First you pick up the controller for a cheeky mech game or two, and next thing you know you're [SPOILERS REDACTED] and going by the name Raven.

Awesome writeup as usual :D we do need to grab those mahjong manuals one day!

Thank you, mister. We'll definitely have to take the plunge into no gaijin's land that is native Japanese mahjong gaming. It'll be hellish for me as a beginner, but those are just the kind of things you have to do to tell a good story!

On 9/11/2023 at 9:08 AM, GravityQueeen said:

Awesome reviews, Aiha! I'm always finding out interesting games here and having a blast with your writings. 

Thank you so much, GravityQueeen! I'm joyed to see you; your kind words motivate me to keep documenting the journey. :D 

I love seeing that you recently finished Mighty Switch Force! Collection, by the way. I remember seeing your name in the recent players list back when I was still playing, so it's nice that you've gotten around to finishing up. I'm praying for that collection to make it to Plus Extra someday, so that others can experience the magic that WayForward, Kaufman and Nieborg so masterfully crafted.

On 9/11/2023 at 2:14 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

Check out my checklist, which I have linked below. I would like your feedback on the idea.

Not a bad idea to multitask and capitalize on the forum event while getting the most out of it in other ways. Interested to hear how that FF14 trial run goes for you later.

On 9/11/2023 at 2:14 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

This collaboration is between Pokémon and Hatsune Miku and features collaborations between Pokémon and Hatsune Miku

Thank you for reminding me about this; it's been a busy month and I almost forgot about the collab. 

I love the artwork posted so far. My favorites at the moment are the grass and water Mikus. They're just so cute:

IfuDAQq.jpg

orZKR3H.jpg

I'm definitely going to have to check out those Miku songs coming out next week too. I wonder if they'll be produced by composers of the game's soundtracks, or by known Vocaloid producers. It will be interesting to see.

Speaking of Pokémon, it's about time for me to get cracking on that Mewtwo raid before the expiration date.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I love the artwork posted so far. My favorites at the moment are the grass and water Mikus.

I like the Rock Miku, Electric Miku and the Psychic Miku, personally. ^_^

electricth.jpgpsychicth.jpg

rock.jpg

Ugh, sorry, I couldn't find a smaller image for Rock Miku.

Let me know if you are planning on doing the Teal Mask DLC. ;)

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Ugh, sorry, I couldn't find a smaller image for Rock Miku.

Rock Miku looks great. I don't think she was uploaded when I checked last night, but I'm a fan of that design.

1 hour ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Let me know if you are planning on doing the Teal Mask DLC. ;)

I'm still a bit undecided about the DLC at the moment. I'll have to see if there is any limited time FOMO content like the raids, or massive QOL updates before I plop down the cash.

Nice to see I could catch an old favorite Pokémon of mine, though:

ZXYvURX.png

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 11:32 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

I'm still a bit undecided about the DLC at the moment. I'll have to see if there is any limited time FOMO content like the raids, or massive QOL updates before I plop down the cash.

Nah, you just buy the expansion pass and you get everything and if you are worried about FOMO, don't be. The only FOMO are Tera Raids including the 7-star raids and I never bother with those. Only got two 7-star raids cleared and I never used the Level 100 Pokemon they give you. Not even going for the Mewtwo as that's worse than Alphascape 4.0 Savage.😛 

You also get the Indigo Disk when it comes out in Winter for free. ^_^

If you don't mind evolving a Munchlax, you can get a Shiny Munchlax if you do the berry race mini-game in Kitikami and get a super-high score, though the race can be stressful as you have to pop balloons, dump berries into bins and scare off Greedents and Skwovets before they eat the berries. Then you can get a Shiny Snorlax. ^_^

• Like 1

Late here (busy week), but congrats on all the completions!

VR Miku sounds disappointing as hell, but as a Miku fan, I'll get it in the unlikely event that I get PSVR.

Those Hawken sweatlords were something lol. I swear that one guy was following us.

I haven't touched Monpiece since our boost, and likely won't for a while as XCOM and Neptunia 2 still need to be finished. But I'm happy to read that I can basically coast through the game now, and I'm always down for ecchi shit lol.

Finally, Musynx is the one I'm most excited for. Considering it's my best genre, I'm always looking for a challenge. More importantly, I always walk away from a rhythm game with at least a couple of new songs in my playlist. You introduced the fun and somewhat challenging Bakamatsu Rock to me, so I have high hopes for this too.

• Like 4

Hey, Aiha! Late here. Even later Yuber above me. xxD

I finally got the time to go through your most recent update to this thread and man, what an interesting bunch of titles you got here.

It looks like that VR Miku experience you had there was not the one you were hoping for. The game itself is quite an unusual package. Not only it is a "free to play" title that requires PSVR but then its entire trophy list is made up entirely of DLC trophies? That's just wild. Certainly, a game aimed at the most devoted Miku fans who are willing to endlessly cheer her up on this one.

Regarding Hawken, as I've commented on other threads, I am glad you and the boys got the chance to experience this one. Racking up those free login rewards was the most sensible approach to getting this one done, especially since it doesn't really take too much time to accrue the required credits to buy the mechs you need. Other than that, I agree that Hawken does have the makings of a solid mech-combat game. It's a shame that the trophy list, for better or worse, doesn't allow players to tap much into this potential.

Happy to hear that you were able to get a PS Vita TV added to the family! I actually picked mine up yesterday, so I'll be looking forward to enjoying some Vita games on the big screen once I have it completely set up here.

Monster Monpiece is peak card-battling greatness. A more than socially acceptable purchase for a totally socially acceptable cause. Besides the sexy-as-hell monster chicks in it, I'd say its simplicity is one of its most enticing aspects. It may not sound that great on paper, but once you try that delicate balance the game has for its battles, it works exceedingly well to get all those neurons firing. It's the kind of TCG combat mechanics that are fun and always draw you in for more.

Those glitches you encountered during your playthrough, though, were really unfortunate. But yeah, you may be one of the few persons who has gotten to experience those. The game isn't known to be glitchy, so it was rare that you had those instances happen to you. I recently started my second playthrough of MonMon through its JP stack. I am going to be playing this one mainly on my PS TV, so if I encounter any issues, I'll be sure to let you know.

As for Musynx, what can I say? Catgirls, schoolgirls, rainbows, stars, sushi — it has the makings of one hell of a game. The catgirl aspect and the NekoPara songs are more than enough to pull me in. Its trophy list, although slightly grindy, doesn't look particularly difficult, so I am sure it'll provide one heck of a time once I decide to play it. Already have it on PS4, so it's only a matter of when I'll go for it.

As always, excellent write-up. Very informative and a joy to read all the way through. I'll look forward to any future game completions from you. ;D

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 3:59 AM, Yuber6969 said:

Late here (busy week), but congrats on all the completions!

VR Miku sounds disappointing as hell, but as a Miku fan, I'll get it in the unlikely event that I get PSVR.

Thanks Yuber! If you dig live concerts, you'll probably at least enjoy the first couple of performances of each stage while it's all still new. After that, you may start getting bored though. :P PS App says I spent 13 hours, and there may have been some idling in there, so it could be worse.

Those Hawken sweatlords were something lol. I swear that one guy was following us.

It really did feel like it, especially when he followed us into PVE, lmao. How he found us there I will never know.

I haven't touched Monpiece since our boost, and likely won't for a while as XCOM and Neptunia 2 still need to be finished. But I'm happy to read that I can basically coast through the game now, and I'm always down for ecchi shit lol.

Monmon is great for those working hours too, since it's not the kind of game where you need to be glued to the guide. But yeah, I'm more interested in your Re;Birth2 experience now that you're getting back to it. :D 

Finally, Musynx is the one I'm most excited for. Considering it's my best genre, I'm always looking for a challenge. More importantly, I always walk away from a rhythm game with at least a couple of new songs in my playlist. You introduced the fun and somewhat challenging Bakamatsu Rock to me, so I have high hopes for this too.

The challenge is certainly there! The trophy list isn't all that difficult, but Hard mode charts will be a great exercise for you. By the time you finish the 6K charts, you'll have an idea of whether you eventually want to play DJMax Respect.

I took quite a few songs from the game to add to the listening rotation; likely something catches on for you as well.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:24 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Hey, Aiha! Late here. Even later Yuber above me. xxD

I finally got the time to go through your most recent update to this thread and man, what an interesting bunch of titles you got here.

It looks like that VR Miku experience you had there was not the one you were hoping for. The game itself is quite an unusual package. Not only it is a "free to play" title that requires PSVR but then its entire trophy list is made up entirely of DLC trophies? That's just wild. Certainly, a game aimed at the most devoted Miku fans who are willing to endlessly cheer her up on this one.

Hey Honor! :D Never too late around these parts; that's the beauty of forum versus status.

I think one of the better fixes for Future Live would have been to add a few more songs to each stage. If they're going to make players do each stage ten times, then it'd at least keep the experience fresh for a bit longer. Fortunately it's only a little tedious; it's a far cry from Idolmaster Viewing Revolution's 100 concert requirement!

Regarding Hawken, as I've commented on other threads, I am glad you and the boys got the chance to experience this one. Racking up those free login rewards was the most sensible approach to getting this one done, especially since it doesn't really take too much time to accrue the required credits to buy the mechs you need. Other than that, I agree that Hawken does have the makings of a solid mech-combat game. It's a shame that the trophy list, for better or worse, doesn't allow players to tap much into this potential.

Hawken could have been an improved trophy experience if they tapped more into the PVE side of the game, I'd say. Maybe flesh out the requirements, maybe add a plat (yeah right, lol), and it could have been something engaging for the mech boys out there.

Monster Monpiece is peak card-battling greatness. A more than socially acceptable purchase for a totally socially acceptable cause. Besides the sexy-as-hell monster chicks in it, I'd say its simplicity is one of its most enticing aspects. It may not sound that great on paper, but once you try that delicate balance the game has for its battles, it works exceedingly well to get all those neurons firing. It's the kind of TCG combat mechanics that are fun and always draw you in for more.

Those glitches you encountered during your playthrough, though, were really unfortunate. But yeah, you may be one of the few persons who has gotten to experience those. The game isn't known to be glitchy, so it was rare that you had those instances happen to you. I recently started my second playthrough of MonMon through its JP stack. I am going to be playing this one mainly on my PS TV, so if I encounter any issues, I'll be sure to let you know.

Genkai Tokki seemingly moved on from the format from Moe Chronicle onwards, but I wouldn't mind playing a similar card battler in the future. After all, everybody loves stacking up a collection of waifu cards when it doesn't put you in the poor house IRL.

Hopefully I experienced the bad luck so that Yuber doesn't have to. :P Others should at least learn from my misfortune and save often when it's time to grind, just in case.

As for Musynx, what can I say? Catgirls, schoolgirls, rainbows, stars, sushi — it has the makings of one hell of a game. The catgirl aspect and the NekoPara songs are more than enough to pull me in. Its trophy list, although slightly grindy, doesn't look particularly difficult, so I am sure it'll provide one heck of a time once I decide to play it. Already have it on PS4, so it's only a matter of when I'll go for it.

I'm interested to hear about your impression of Musynx's presentation later, and of course those Chinese Vocaloids. I'll need to get myself a Stardust for the bookshelf one of these days when I have a spare couple of hundred dollars to burn:

d0fRRo1.jpg

Picture Sauce

As always, excellent write-up. Very informative and a joy to read all the way through. I'll look forward to any future game completions from you. ;D

Thank you kindly, sir. :D There's a recent game in particular on your profile that I'd love to hear your full impressions of later on, so I'll be eagerly looking forward to that!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Dante's Inferno is a classic case of "easy plat, tough 100%".

I think that someone at EA is now confused, asking himself "why the hell are there so many players all of a sudden? Why do we even have this game on anymore??"

Really, the only things I remember about this game are: The DLC (the only challenging and dare I say fun? part of the game), that weird Cleopatra fight and, the cross shotgun and...Satan's dong...Other than that, I barely remember what happened in the game, it was this unremarkable 😔

Those who appreciate the likes of God of War and Lords of Shadow (lol) should give the trials a run before December. 

Lol indeed. At least I remember LoS more (for the wrong reasons XD )

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (1.96%)
Completion Time: 3 days, 1 hour

Ah what a game this was 😌so, so glad that you enjoyed it, it's a damn shame that the game is delisted now, because honestly more should try this one. How come there's so few first person westerns around here??

Also one day, maybe, MAYBE they will remake, remaster, heck even port the original Call of Juarez. Playing as an old gunslinger pastor, gun in one hand and Bible in the other? That's a crazy good western!

?imw=1024&imh=819&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

9 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

:platinum: Platinum #65
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation (20.99%)
Completion Time: 3 weeks, 4 days

Also I really have to play that Neptunia series one day...

9 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

wfNXBMa.png

...for the references, obviously 😏

• Like 2

On 10/28/2023 at 3:43 PM, Copanele said:

I think that someone at EA is now confused, asking himself "why the hell are there so many players all of a sudden? Why do we even have this game on anymore??"

Really, the only things I remember about this game are: The DLC (the only challenging and dare I say fun? part of the game), that weird Cleopatra fight and, the cross shotgun and...Satan's dong...Other than that, I barely remember what happened in the game, it was this unremarkable 😔

For better or worse, the DLC certainly was the most engaging part of Dante's Inferno, with the peak of that engagement achieved when the game janks out and loses you a life—or the entire run. :P In many ways, the hardest part of the game has to be EA's bullshit rather than the monsters themselves.

I'm likely to forget a lot of the single-player experience in time as well. Maybe I could have made it a little more memorable by cranking up the difficulty, but ain't nobody got time for that, man!

Ah what a game this was 😌so, so glad that you enjoyed it, it's a damn shame that the game is delisted now, because honestly more should try this one. How come there's so few first person westerns around here??

Also one day, maybe, MAYBE they will remake, remaster, heck even port the original Call of Juarez. Playing as an old gunslinger pastor, gun in one hand and Bible in the other? That's a crazy good western!

My conspiracy theory is that Ubisoft just didn't want people to know that they used to publish good games, so Gunslinger had to go. Anyways, it will definitely be one I have to come back for someday on PC or Switch; the experience would benefit a lot from (hopefully) more accurate controls.

That badass old-west pastor sounds like a character I could really get into. I'm all for a port of that, minus the hundred extra DLC trophies Ubi love so dearly these days. 

Also I really have to play that Neptunia series one day...

On 10/28/2023 at 6:03 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

wfNXBMa.png

Expand  

...for the references, obviously 😏

It's just our luck that the onepossibly two—Neptunia game(s) I would send your way both happen to be on the Vita. Maybe someday when you finally get one for those long trips. :hmm:

• Like 4

Congrats!

I initially had some interest in Dante's Inferno but didn't have the time for it. After reading your review, I'm glad I stayed away. Not really a fan of having to change my gameplay style for every single encounter.

Didn't really know anything about Call of Juarez before this, but that YouTube video looked hard. I could literally feel your stress during a couple of those near-death moments.

Sorry you had a bad time with Brink. I feel responsible since I told you that it was a good game lol. The JP version sounds so much worse. Like you said, we had no issues with the NA version.

I'm really liking what I read about Re;Birth 3. Seems to have fixed every issue I had with Re;Birth 2, which I enjoyed. The built-in wiki and the changes to Stella's Dungeon make me want to get to the game faster. Might even make it my next plat milestone. Any DLC aside from what you mentioned that I should be mindful of?

I had zero interest in that Giraffe game before you mentioned the challenge of FCing all songs on every difficulty. I'll wishlist it. How big are the non-rhythm sections of the game? I'm pretty sure I won't like them, but would be willing to suck it up if they aren't terribly long.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

🦒

s0G3t5Q.png

9 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

I initially had some interest in Dante's Inferno but didn't have the time for it. After reading your review, I'm glad I stayed away. Not really a fan of having to change my gameplay style for every single encounter.

You're right to trust your gut with Dante's Inferno. If you feel like the game would stress you out, then you might be right. Not a fun feeling to have in early November. Certainly was a bummer how much more difficult the trials became if you wanted to play the game "your way" though. 😓

10 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Didn't really know anything about Call of Juarez before this, but that YouTube video looked hard. I could literally feel your stress during a couple of those near-death moments.

Didn't think about it like that before, but you may be right :P It does get pretty hectic when the visuals start getting cluttered while trying to keep up with reloads and the combo timer. I would have benefitted from better internalizing the combo timer length, but I guess I was just too eager to get in there and get some three star ratings. While Gunslinger can be brutal (the video linked is probably the hardest arcade level), it's at least a pretty short game overall.

Sorry you had a bad time with Brink. I feel responsible since I told you that it was a good game lol. The JP version sounds so much worse. Like you said, we had no issues with the NA version.

I feel like Brink had a valuable lesson to teach me, and that's to not play any more of Bethesda's catalog on the PS3. A lot of their games on the legacy platform are reportedly horrid jank and now I know exactly why to stay away. At least most people won't be drawn to the Japanese version of the game without good reason.

I'm really liking what I read about Re;Birth 3. Seems to have fixed every issue I had with Re;Birth 2, which I enjoyed. The built-in wiki and the changes to Stella's Dungeon make me want to get to the game faster. Might even make it my next plat milestone. Any DLC aside from what you mentioned that I should be mindful of?

The Emergency Aid pack is actually the only paid DLC in the game; everything else is free. Do grab the free DLC items though, because they all help a lot. You gain several party members, unlock useful Scouts for Stella's Dungeon and gain access to the full level cap of 999 free of charge.

I had zero interest in that Giraffe game before you mentioned the challenge of FCing all songs on every difficulty. I'll wishlist it. How big are the non-rhythm sections of the game? I'm pretty sure I won't like them, but would be willing to suck it up if they aren't terribly long.

The story mode is pretty short: at a relaxed pace to take in the story, a first playthrough for most should be around five-ish hours. Maybe add a couple of hours more to account for collectibles and such. The speedrun took me three hours, but there's a glitch that actual speedrunners use to clear the game in under an hour if you really want to be done with the :bronze:Speedster trophy ASAP, which is detailed in the trophy guide. The guide estimate of 10h will probably be about right for most players, and even at my slow pace I only spent 18 hours in total.

• Like 3

On 11/6/2023 at 10:22 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Hey there, Aiha! Awesome writing here. Really enjoyed my morning here reading on your gaming progress. Needless to say, you've been all over the place as far as the kind of gaming adventures you've been having.

Dante's Inferno looks hella solid if I might say. I don't see myself going out of my way to find a co-op partner for doing those annoying DLC trials before the game's servers close, but knowing the platinum will still be obtainable after that is enough to make me consider trying it out. Even if it's loosely based on Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy, having the opportunity to make a trip through hell with the visual imagery I remember seeing from game trailers back then should still make for a good time. It doesn't help that it reminds me plenty of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, too, which I happened to enjoy plenty back then. It's a solid game, you know. =P Yeah, Dante here may have plenty of that certified PS3 jank, but it should still prove to be a good time. Provided I only go for the platinum, of course.

Thank you, Honor! I always appreciate it. :D 

Fortunately, the jank in Dante's Inferno is almost entirely limited to the online trials, so anybody sticking to single-player will never see it. Seeing as the Dracolich doesn't make an appearance, I am obligated to give the edge to it over Lords of Shadow. Thems the rules, sadly. 

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Now, I am not a fan of games set in the Wild West. Something about that particular setting tends to bore me for whatever reasons, but damn, this title in particular looks like a thoroughly entertaining on-rails shooter. Too bad about the pains of obtaining it nowadays, though.

Luckily, Gunslinger is anything but boring! I think it'll suit your tastes for arcade gameplay nicely. 😌 While technically not a rail shooter, it impressively emulates the experience within the boundaries of the FPS genre. Obtaining the game is a pain nowadays, but hopefully you find a way to buy or borrow it while it's still around (which I expect to be a long while).

That Brink JP entry in your write-up reminds me of those times we end up drawn into other's platinum pursuits for all the wrong reasons, lmao. xxD

I was roped right in like the clueless cattle I was. 🐄 No ill feelings on my part; the boosting went smoothly and the socializing was peachy, but between Brink and Rogue Warrior I am definitely becoming more selective moving forward. :P 

Safe to say that you had a blast revisiting Neptunia 3 through the enhanced Vita remake. This is a series I've yet to tackle with more dedication, seeing as I only have two games under my belt, one of them being a spin-off, but reading your thoughts on the ones you've tackled always sells me in, haha. I am sure this VIta TV I got not too long ago will prove an excellent option to tackle these games. I will, of course, need to resume with Re;Birth 2. And after that, follow with the much-acclaimed Re;Birth 3 here.

Looking forward to you and Yuber catching up so that we can all share in the Neps in a spoiler-free setting. I'm certainly feeling the fire lit under me with the announcement of the next main title in the works. Lucky for us that every Vita entry after Re;Birth1 is PSTV compatible, so finishing off that part of the series will be nice and cozy.

Finally, Giraffe and Annika... Man, talk about a super cute catgirl right there. I already have access to this one, so only time will tell when I will jump into it. One thing is for certain, though, after reading your impression here, I am sure I am all set to have a wonderful time with Annika uncovering the secrets of Spica. I am glad I got the chance to read your assessment of the rhythm portions of the game, too. It gives me all the confidence I need to know I won't be struggling with those parts once I get to them. As for everything else, well, you know me, any game that stars a catgirl in the main role is a MUST-PLAY in my book. =D

Giraffe and Annika is definitely all you! 🐈 Ancient Felician texts state that if the game contains catgirl representation, then it must similarly be represented on Honor's profile. It's certainly safe enough to say that Annika's rhythm challenge has nothing on the brutality inflicted upon those who survived Neon Drive.

• Like 3