Trying to learn all the EZPZ categories.

JohnCenaSong-

54 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

This thread isn't about easy games. It's about easy trophy lists. Doesn't matter how hard a Ratalaika game is, if you get the plat in 5 minutes from pressing left once, dying once, jumping once, it's an EZPZ. Some of their lists aren't EZPZ, which exposes the fallacy of generalizing judgment on all their games, but most of them are EZPZ.

I just glanced at your trophy account and you don’t have a single Arcade Archives title on your list. Part of this discussion is speaking from experience. 

Arcade games were notoriously difficult. However I have to say that whoever makes the trophies for the Arcade Archives series did so with minimal amount of effort. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I just glanced at your trophy account and you don’t have a single Arcade Archives title on your list. Part of this discussion is speaking from experience. 

Arcade games were notoriously difficult. However I have to say that whoever makes the trophies for the Arcade Archives series did so with minimal amount of effort. 

Eh... I don't have a single jumping/break game on my list, but I still know they're trash.  Part of the discussion is opinion, and it's a valid opinion based on the similar trophy lists and completion times. 

A better argument point might be actual gameplay/effort required maybe?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

lol. Well spotted.

Technically he has one. "Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man", although that's a platinum one by a different company and was very cheap compared to Arcade Archives.

1 minute ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Eh... I don't have a single jumping/break game on my list

He wasn't talking about your list.

19 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

He wasn't talking about your list.

I was using my list as an example...I'm surprised I'd actually have to explain that.

In short, it's silly to say "it's not on your list" when people can have multiple accounts, multiple platforms, etc

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I was using my list as an example...I'm surprised I'd actually have to explain that.

In short, it's silly to say "it's not on your list" when people can have multiple accounts, multiple platforms, etc

Or simply have a basic understanding of what is going on around them. I know a dog turd will taste bad without ever having tasted one personally. (The disgusted look on people's faces when I am shoving them down their throat tells me all I need to know.)

• Like 1

How peculiar but most welcome that even in the lowest trenches of the cultural niche somebody will take the effort to categorize and evaluate ephemeral works of art with the enthusiasm of a connoisseur philologist. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

A better argument point might be actual gameplay/effort required maybe?

Arcade Archives generally fall within a 2/10 to 3/10 difficulty range for most of them. A good number of them you can easily obtain all the trophies in five to twenty minutes. 

If you take away all the modernization (save states, 99+ lives, endless continues, etc), most of these old games are extremely difficult. They were designed that way so kids would spend quarters, as that generated a profit. 

Personally I would of loved if some of these games instead had gotten a more proper release. Some of the Arcade Archives titles weren’t even scaled to fit my TV screen properly. They were handled with minimal effort. Both the trophy lists and the optimization.

10 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

No one is asking you to justify yourself - but it doesn't mean that it isn't immune to criticism. 

The very notion of criticism is often thrown under the bus because people like the one you’re quoting often claim criticism is some form of attack. 

It’s generally a denial of reality. I get it, we play games to escape reality and have entertainment. But more people need to understand that opening yourself publicity can and will get you judged. 

I’m starting to see far more instances of people getting dumped on for their personal tastes. But try to criticize or present an alternative opinion, suddenly I’m some hateful dude that hates most of everything. 

• Like 2

My first post was made in jest, but the fact you took it literally and said I needed a doctor for it ?

Yes I get pleasure from certain things just like we all do - aren’t we all chasing that dopamine high? 

If my habits were harming myself or others I would understand why I would need a doctor. But my children are fed, looked after, provided for. My house is clean and tidy. I am well presented. I don’t spend more than I have on any of my hobbies. So I get a kick out of a trophy popping and I chase that over and over - addiction. It doesn’t get in the way of anything else I need to do. If I can’t get a trophy I can’t get a trophy, it doesn’t affect me negatively if I can’t. So yes, there are some addictions that don’t need medical intervention. But thanks for your concern.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

My first post was made in jest, but the fact you took it literally and said I needed a doctor for it ?

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding then. I view EZPZ games as predatory which led me to understand your post differently.

31 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Yes I get pleasure from certain things just like we all do - aren’t we all chasing that dopamine high?

Almost all of us are, not sure if it is okay though. I guess it depends on how we are chasing it and to what extend.

33 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

If my habits were harming myself or others I would understand why I would need a doctor. But my children are fed, looked after, provided for. My house is clean and tidy. I am well presented. I don’t spend more than I have on any of my hobbies. So I get a kick out of a trophy popping and I chase that over and over - addiction. It doesn’t get in the way of anything else I need to do. If I can’t get a trophy I can’t get a trophy, it doesn’t affect me negatively if I can’t. So yes, there are some addictions that don’t need medical intervention. But thanks for your concern.

I'm glad to hear that. Granted the word addiction is almost always used to describe a behaviour negatively. "Obsession" would have described it a tad better I guess, but that's on me.

• Like 1

Obsessive is the right word. Addiction does come with negative connotations.

Ive always been this way. I remember collecting these porcelain bear things. Then beanie babies and teenie weenie families. I always needed the full set. I’m literally chasing the unobtainable with the trophies.. but God loves a trier ??

• Like 1

I would say that the completion times in Arcade Archives games are without exception underestimated if you look at the leaderboards for 100% completion on PSNP. This is because you are required to reach a score which can take from just five minutes up to several hours of practice before you get the first trophy and after that you can just spam the rest of the trophies. So if someone has a completion time of 1 minute on an Arcade Archives games it does not mean that the time spent on it was 1 minute, just that it was 1 minute between the first trophy popping and the last. That first trophy was potentially worked on for hours before it popped.

I would say that if you pick the very easiest Arcade Archives games then yes, you can get the same amount of trophy points in 30 minutes as  a Jumping Food plat but if you pick five games at random then you will likely spend hours in plural for as many trophy points. Many of these games also require researching strategies, looking at moves lists and such. I love those games and often continue chasing higher high scores even after I have completed them, just what these games were designed for. It's a shame they have no Caravan Mode trophies on PS while they do on Xbox. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 2

You can add Pix Arts and Sabec to the list, because most of their games are piss easy (at least when they're not broken, unplayable garbage). I disagree with adding Rata to the list, because for the most part their games are actual games and not the mindless button mashers other shovelware companies release. Also, some of them are bloody hard!

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

10 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Arcade Archives generally fall within a 2/10 to 3/10 difficulty range for most of them. A good number of them you can easily obtain all the trophies in five to twenty minutes. 

If you take away all the modernization (save states, 99+ lives, endless continues, etc), most of these old games are extremely difficult. They were designed that way so kids would spend quarters, as that generated a profit. 

Personally I would of loved if some of these games instead had gotten a more proper release. Some of the Arcade Archives titles weren’t even scaled to fit my TV screen properly. They were handled with minimal effort. Both the trophy lists and the optimization.

Agreed, it's a shame a little bit of actual effort wasn't put into their lists.  That being said @JohnCenaSong-, I dont think arcade Archives should be on the list, it's not the same as the "platinum disguised as games"

9 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I quite like my addictions. They’re not hurting anybody. I like collecting games, books, degrees and trophies. I find pleasure in it, so what! There are worse things to be addicted to.

The only reason you all whine and pass judgement is you think what others do devalue what you do. It sounds like you suffer from low self esteem. Maybe you should see a doctor? 

isn’t nice to be judged is it

I think the problem stems from people in the past with 100+ "junk" plats trash talking people with less, but actual game plats.  The reverse is true as well, with people not liking their place on the leaderboard being overtaken by dozens of low effort 5 minute platinums

For anyone that saw value in the leaderboard, they were indeed affected, as the barrage of these quick plats (everything from low effort platinums, to multi region stacks, to ps5 autopops) effectively destroyed the spirit of the leaderboard (even though it technically is working as designed)

Both sides are right and wrong at the same time, if that makes sense.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

That being said @JohnCenaSong-, I dont think arcade Archives should be on the list, it's not the same as the "platinum disguised as games"

I wasn't really sure when I added them either. Since it was suggested and I saw a huge list in the series I thought it might have fit the bill but I also noticed there were no platinums (that I could see anyway). I don't know the extent of what they can offer in terms of easy trophy farms, still learning xD hence the thread.

Maybe that might be one I'll take off the list. 

Trophies and achievements in many cases are fast becoming the same as the free to play psychological hooks that are used in the mobile market.

I used to think it was weird that people would buy gems in a mobile game to say, skip the grind, or the wait for the next part of the gameplay. Akin to the amusement arcades though, at least you were getting some sort of gaming experience for your cash injection, even if you could get all that experience for free without spending any money.

In this system though, people are basically buying the commemorative photo shoot of being on the roller coaster at a huge discount, without actually getting on the ride.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Agreed, it's a shame a little bit of actual effort wasn't put into their lists.  That being said @JohnCenaSong-, I dont think arcade Archives should be on the list, it's not the same as the "platinum disguised as games"

I think the problem stems from people in the past with 100+ "junk" plats trash talking people with less, but actual game plats.  The reverse is true as well, with people not liking their place on the leaderboard being overtaken by dozens of low effort 5 minute platinums

For anyone that saw value in the leaderboard, they were indeed affected, as the barrage of these quick plats (everything from low effort platinums, to multi region stacks, to ps5 autopops) effectively destroyed the spirit of the leaderboard (even though it technically is working as designed)

Both sides are right and wrong at the same time, if that makes sense.

Ah see I wasn’t around for that moment in time when the EZPZers attacked everyone. I only started trophy hunting last year really and since I’ve joined here all I’ve been met with is judgement and ridicule ? 

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Quality control is a joke with Sony. The number of times we get a ‘Breakthrough’ game or a ‘Jumping Taco’ game is a joke. They’re essentially Steam 2.0. Some really good stuff, but a majority of stuff that is complete garbage developed by hack developers that just want quick money.

Well said. Everyday I see theres another two or three of these being released. The worst part about it is they won't go anywhere because people lap it up. Starting to drown out the legit games with an - at least - thought about trophy list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Quality control is a joke with Sony. The number of times we get a ‘Breakthrough’ game or a ‘Jumping Taco’ game is a joke. They’re essentially Steam 2.0. Some really good stuff, but a majority of stuff that is complete garbage developed by hack developers that just want quick money.

(this isn't aimed directly at you, AJ, but generally, as yours is a common sentiment in this regard.)

I see this statement being bandied around a lot: the idea that all these joke games demonstrate a lack of "Quality Control" at Sony.

Quality Control in games is not about genre, or length, or scope, it's not about artistic or stylistic merit, or even about whether a game is predatory, or exploitative, or downright cynical and nasty - it's purely about functionality.

Whether the games function technically as intended.

Say what you want about the merit of these "games" (and I could say plenty)... but the fact of the matter is, they are functional.

They work as intended, and, what's more -  they do it right out the gate.

They never need patched or updated... there isn't enough game in them to require it.

Unlike bigger games, with many thousands of moving parts, interconnected elements, and a million potential unforeseen conflicts or errors or unintended outcomes that can't possibly be fully explored by an in-house QA team prior to launch, and where a long tail of patching is required to keep the train on the rails...

...these just work.

It would be virtually impossible for them not to, given how mechanically sparse they are.

The fact of the matter is, these games actually help make Sony's Quality Control look better than it is, not worse.

If the only games on PSN were "real" games, then Sony's statistics on how many games "work flawlessly at launch" would be in the region of like 5%, if that.

Almost all "real" games require patches of some sort, post-launch.

That these ones are so bare-bones that they don't, actually helps Sony - it means they can legitimately state that, say, "60-70% of the games on their platform had no technical issues at launch."

So... really...

...when people complain at length, (as we often see,) that modern games are launching "broken" or complaining that "back in the old days, games just worked" and they didn't need day one patches, or have broken elements that needed fixing etc...

...they should probably at least consider the idea that they are - brick by little brick - adding to the situation that led to these kind of joke "games" being so openly embraced and ushered onto the PSN store in the first place. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I see this statement being bandied around a lot: the idea that all these joke games demonstrate a lack of "Quality Control" at Sony.

I think you're maybe confusing Quality Control with Quality Assurance.

Back in ye old days the Nintendo Seal Of Quality was preliminary about covering both. I mean back then nobody would even think of making a shit game, and nobody would buy it either.

Nintendo would have refused a bad game being released on their platform because it would have tainted their image.

Unfortunately now we have a lack of both QC and QA but since these shit games are made for trophy accumulation and not for gameplay, they will only be on this, XBox or Steam and not Nintendo.

You'll notice none of these shit games have or will ever have a physical release. It's all because of the digital storefront, you have to pay Sony money to put it on the store, pay money for using their dev kits and finally Sony get a cut of the money for each sale. They care more about profit than Quality. Sony probably makes less than 5 cents profit on each of these games sold, but it soon all ads up.

Why do you think the iOS and Android store are so profitable despite over 95% of it being utter garbage? They make billions if not trillions every year. Profit is all about quantity over quality. And what quality there is, you can bet they will add their gambling mechanics to it wherever possible to bleed as much as they can from your wallet at every opportunity.

Not every game released can be an Elden Ring or a Resident Evil 8 etc.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1