WB Games Has No Plans to Fix Batman: Arkham Origins Glitches

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/wb-games-has-no-plans-to-fix-numerous-glitches

I finished this game a couple months ago and I'm looking forward to the new dlc but I think they should work on fixing the glitches before working on the dlc because the game has had problem with glitches since launch day.

What do you guys think about this?

• Like 1

Just read about this a few minutes ago.

Gotta love when they don't even bother to dance around it; they'd rather make more money from new DLC sales than fix the issues that are literally stopping players from finishing the game.

But why should they; the end of the game won't make them any more money.

=_=;

• Like 1

I don't know why they put online in this in the first place. No one was asking for it and actually most fans were against the idea. They literally put it in for no one.

I think a lot of gamers were willing to wait for RockSteady to make another Batman game.

I do have Batman:Arkham Origins.

I always thought the game was just a cash grab from the beginning. The original studio didn't want to make another one, so they just threw it at another one and gave us a story no one wanted. So to me, it's just not surprising that they care more about releasing DLC than fixing the game. It's also pretty obvious that a lot of gamers will buy anything and everything no matter how the developer treats them. I know tons of people who were outraged at "DmC" when it was announced, yet they all bought it day one(I got it through plus. I actually refused to buy it), and same thing with the FFXIII series. Tons of people were pissed at the first one or being just a long hallway with cutscenes and auto-battle, yet tons of people bought XIII-2. Then people were mad that you had to get DLC to see the ending of XIII-2, but then they bought it. Now despite all of that, they're all buying XIII-3. Then, we can also look at Skyrim, possibly the glitchiest game of all time. I couldn't play it for more than an hour at a time without running into a game breaking bug. Yet it's incredibly popular anyway.

Point is, large developers know that they can release basically whatever they want, and people will buy their DLC/game anyway.

I always thought the game was just a cash grab from the beginning. The original studio didn't want to make another one, so they just threw it at another one and gave us a story no one wanted. So to me, it's just not surprising that they care more about releasing DLC than fixing the game. It's also pretty obvious that a lot of gamers will buy anything and everything no matter how the developer treats them. I know tons of people who were outraged at "DmC" when it was announced, yet they all bought it day one(I got it through plus. I actually refused to buy it), and same thing with the FFXIII series. Tons of people were pissed at the first one or being just a long hallway with cutscenes and auto-battle, yet tons of people bought XIII-2. Then people were mad that you had to get DLC to see the ending of XIII-2, but then they bought it. Now despite all of that, they're all buying XIII-3. Then, we can also look at Skyrim, possibly the glitchiest game of all time. I couldn't play it for more than an hour at a time without running into a game breaking bug. Yet it's incredibly popular anyway.

Point is, large developers know that they can release basically whatever they want, and people will buy their DLC/game anyway.

I liked DmC.

I also liked FF XIII (which is why I bought XIII-2 & XIII-3)

• Like 3

Developers who treat their audience like trash: EA, Capcom, Activision. Online passes, charging $15 for a set of costumes or adding the title Super/Ultimate to a videogame and calling it a new game, mediocre annual updates on an immensly popular shooter with laggy servers and what bothers me the most is having to pay $50 for a few MP maps. Now that is treating your costumers like shit but who can blame then? People are apparently willing to cough up the money for their favourite games so they would be foolish not to give the audience what they demand.

By Final Fantasy standards, XIII-2 wasn't very impressive but still enjoyable. But saying it was a boring game and people only buy it because it has the words Final Fantasy in it is not fair. The XIII saga is still way better than the average RPG developers produce nowadays.

On topic: I was actually planning to play Origins. I really enjoyed the first 2 games but I wonder what these glitches are that people are talking about?

• Like 4

Eh, I lost interest in Origins after I 100% the story. The only thing that interests me is the possible Mr. Freeze DLC.

On topic: I was actually planning to play Origins. I really enjoyed the first 2 games but I wonder what these glitches are that people are talking about?

To name one I experienced there was a thug during a Crime in Progress that clipped inside an ATM machine preventing me from beating him up and unable to complete the CIP. This happened a couple times, but I was able to walk away from it and continue on. Not sure about other glitches though. I don't remember experiencing any other ones besides that.

Listen, I love the Arkham series and I am a big fan for what Rocksteady did for the Dark Knight. BUT WB is building a rep for crappy customer service. Before this, they released Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition. I bought it and traded in my original Arkham City to get it. Makes sense right, swapping the original game for the original game plus all the DLC? Well guess what. The save files for the original Arkham City ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with Arkham City: GOTY on the PlayStation 3 only (works fine on the XBox360).

WB made it clear that they are NOT going to do anything to address this and have held true to their word. So the instance in this thread follows suit with their "customer can suck eggs" viewpoint.

This is a big reason why I never completed that plat even though I platted Batman: Arkham Asylum . ..

• Like 2

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/wb-games-has-no-plans-to-fix-numerous-glitches

I finished this game a couple months ago and I'm looking forward to the new dlc but I think they should work on fixing the glitches before working on the dlc because the game has had problem with glitches since launch day.

What do you guys think about this?

I know a lot of people like this game but I feel that if Rocksteady was still at the helm, this would be fixed long time by now. Also have you tried Black-Gate lol? 

Listen, I love the Arkham series and I am a big fan for what Rocksteady did for the Dark Knight. BUT WB is building a rep for crappy customer service. Before this, they released Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition. I bought it and traded in my original Arkham City to get it. Makes sense right, swapping the original game for the original game plus all the DLC? Well guess what. The save files for the original Arkham City ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with Arkham City: GOTY on the PlayStation 3 only (works fine on the XBox360).

WB made it clear that they are NOT going to do anything to address this and have held true to their word. So the instance in this thread follows suit with their "customer can suck eggs" viewpoint.

This is a big reason why I never completed that plat even though I platted Batman: Arkham Asylum . ..

WHAT!?!?!? I didnt know about Arkham City GOTY. I was planning on buying that instead of the dlc, I guess not now

Developers who treat their audience like trash: EA, Capcom, Activision. Online passes, charging $15 for a set of costumes or adding the title Super/Ultimate to a videogame and calling it a new game, mediocre annual updates on an immensly popular shooter with laggy servers and what bothers me the most is having to pay $50 for a few MP maps. Now that is treating your costumers like shit but who can blame then? People are apparently willing to cough up the money for their favourite games so they would be foolish not to give the audience what they demand.

By Final Fantasy standards, XIII-2 wasn't very impressive but still enjoyable. But saying it was a boring game and people only buy it because it has the words Final Fantasy in it is not fair. The XIII saga is still way better than the average RPG developers produce nowadays.

I never said XIII-2 was boring or that people only bought it because it has the words Final Fantasy. I think you might be projecting. I said people were mad that you had to buy DLC to see the ending of the game, which was true. Also, the XIII series is easily one of the worst JRPG series this past generation. Especially when compared to games like Tales, Lost Odyssey, and even Ni No Kuni. XIII wasn't a bad game, but it was by no means a good game either.

Also, rebalancing and adding in new characters and stages to a fighting game every year or two, then selling it for only $15-$40 isn't screwing over anyone. That's an example of a good way to do it that actually caters to fans of the game.

Online Passes only screw over people who didn't by the game new, and if you didn't buy the game new, you're screwing over the people who made it.

And people constantly buy games then complain about how bad they are, or say they're going to boycott a game, then buy it anyway.