WB Games Has No Plans to Fix Batman: Arkham Origins Glitches

I really liked Arkham Origins single player campaign. I have Blackgate but havent played it. Heard it is terrible.

Glitch City it was and it's done by the people who ported "MGS Collection". I think WB are getting bored with Batman to be honest, if they wasn't they would have probably sorted it out by now. 

So many overreactions and melodrama over here. The game wasn't even that glitchy, it's not even near Bethesda levels like people make it out to be. This game comes out with a few glitches, none of them gamebreaking/wide spread at the very least and the entirety of the internet flips out. Telling your customers ''nah we won't fix it'' is not a very smart PR strategy but the game isn't that broken. They definitely need to get their public relations straight, again, but chill everyone.

Also, who ever was trying to make it seem like a big corporate scheme because Rocksteady isn't working on a Batman game: they are. Kevin Conroy leaked it over his twitter. For their debut, Origins was a fantastic game and had the best story of a Batman game yet.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

I never said XIII-2 was boring or that people only bought it because it has the words Final Fantasy. I think you might be projecting. I said people were mad that you had to buy DLC to see the ending of the game, which was true. Also, the XIII series is easily one of the worst JRPG series this past generation. Especially when compared to games like Tales, Lost Odyssey, and even Ni No Kuni. XIII wasn't a bad game, but it was by no means a good game either.

Completely off topic, but that's your opinion.  You did not have to buy DLC to see the ending to FFXIII-2 and XIII was an awesome game.  If you can get past the "THIS GAME IS BAD BECAUSE IT WASN'T LIKE THE PREVIOUS ONES" mentality, you wouldn't be so disappointed.

But yeah, WarnerBrothers can suck a huge fart for being shitty to their consumers.  This is why I haven't gotten the game yet...because it wasn't RockSteady.

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 3

So many overreactions and melodrama over here. The game wasn't even that glitchy, it's not even near Bethesda levels like people make it out to be. This game comes out with a few glitches, none of them gamebreaking/wide spread at the very least and the entirety of the internet flips out. Telling your customers ''nah we won't fix it'' is not a very smart PR strategy but the game isn't that broken. They definitely need to get their public relations straight, again, but chill everyone.

Also, who ever was trying to make it seem like a big corporate scheme because Rocksteady isn't working on a Batman game: they are. Kevin Conroy leaked it over his twitter. For their debut, Origins was a fantastic game and had the best story of a Batman game yet.

Corrupt saves, framerate issues, freezing, and losing mp progress. How are people who have experienced these problems overreacting? Those are serious issues that need to be addressed.

• Like 2

Frame rate was fixed a week after release on the PS3, losing MP progress I understand but the corrupt saves were fixed for the most part atleast, and heck even City suffered that same problem for a while. Freezing is something that happens with every game and wasn't that big of an issue on this one.

From personal experience it ran quite well, so again, I do think this is a remarkably idiotic practice but dishonoring the franchise as ''dead'' ad marking off the studio seems like a huge overreaction to me.

Frame rate was fixed a week after release on the PS3, losing MP progress I understand but the corrupt saves were fixed for the most part atleast, and heck even City suffered that same problem for a while. Freezing is something that happens with every game and wasn't that big of an issue on this one.

From personal experience it ran quite well, so again, I do think this is a remarkably idiotic practice but dishonoring the franchise as ''dead'' ad marking off the studio seems like a huge overreaction to me.

like you said from your experiences it was OK, but i can guarantee you that you'd be singing a different tune if you had those issues and for WB to just blatantly state that they're not concerned about the product THEY put out and YOU paid for is just completely absurd.

• Like 1

like you said from your experiences it was OK, but i can guarantee you that you'd be singing a different tune if you had those issues and for WB to just blatantly state that they're not concerned about the product THEY put out and YOU paid for is just completely absurd.

People are ignoring that they said that they won't necessarily bother with the small glitches, but the game progress halting ones will be addressed. From that point of view the game is in pretty good condition, it's nothing to get too upset about with this particular game.

People are ignoring that they said that they won't necessarily bother with the small glitches, but the game progress halting ones will be addressed. From that point of view the game is in pretty good condition, it's nothing to get too upset about with this particular game.

they said that they have no plans to to release any patches, but if at all they do it will be for major issues, not to mention the stunt they pulled on the DLC for the Wii U ver., all around id say communities outcry would be just

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Patch-1-06-is-it-even-a-possibility/m-p/122949/highlight/true#M15908

I got the game a little over a month after release and had some terrible framerate issues so that cant be true

http://gamerstherapy.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/batman-arkham-origins-patch-update-v1-3-ps3/

http://pixelenemy.com/batman-arkham-origins-patch-for-ps3-submitted-promises-to-fix-framerate-issue/

Majority of people don't seem to have frame rate issues after that, so I dunno what the issue is for you. The frame rate only ever really dropped around Gotham Bridge, to begin with.

they said that they have no plans to to release any patches, but if at all they do it will be for major issues, not to mention the stunt they pulled on the DLC for the Wii U ver., all around id say communities outcry would be just

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Patch-1-06-is-it-even-a-possibility/m-p/122949/highlight/true#M15908

Yeah, the WiiU stuff was a pretty huge middle finger to be frank. And again, major issues, like the people are mentioning here, if they pop up will be addressed.

http://gamerstherapy.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/batman-arkham-origins-patch-update-v1-3-ps3/

http://pixelenemy.com/batman-arkham-origins-patch-for-ps3-submitted-promises-to-fix-framerate-issue/

Majority of people don't seem to have frame rate issues after that, so I dunno what the issue is for you. The frame rate only ever really dropped around Gotham Bridge, to begin with.

Yeah, the WiiU stuff was a pretty huge middle finger to be frank. And again, major issues, like the people are mentioning here, if they pop up will be addressed.

The Wii U issue, the PS3 Arkham City:GOTY save issue, the "no fixing glitches because we are concentrating on DLC to make us more money" issue. It is pretty clear WB could care less about their client base and most of the people on this thread believe this. You even agree the Wii U incident is a "pretty huge middle finger, to be frank". And despite all that you still contend we're all overreacting.

I think you are going against the flow of this thread either because you're entertaining yourself or you're a WB fanboi/employee.

Listen, I love the Arkham series and I am a big fan for what Rocksteady did for the Dark Knight. BUT WB is building a rep for crappy customer service. Before this, they released Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition. I bought it and traded in my original Arkham City to get it. Makes sense right, swapping the original game for the original game plus all the DLC? Well guess what. The save files for the original Arkham City ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with Arkham City: GOTY on the PlayStation 3 only (works fine on the XBox360).

WB made it clear that they are NOT going to do anything to address this and have held true to their word. So the instance in this thread follows suit with their "customer can suck eggs" viewpoint.

This is a big reason why I never completed that plat even though I platted Batman: Arkham Asylum . ..

Same thing happened to me. I guess I should have done my research better. I ended up buying the used vanilla version again to finish up the plat, but there's not way I'm getting the DLC unless it goes on a deep discount.

Edited by MatCauthon

I didn't see many outright bugs but I did have a major problem with the combat.  It felt a little off from the previous games.  They made it much harder to use gadgets in a fight since it never targeted the nearest enemy meaning I always got hit during the animation.  The camera never kept up either so I felt like I was getting cheap shots from enemies I never saw.  Just wasn't tight enough to justify a mode where you can only die once (I wish City had that option).  I personally also hated that you had to complete the "challenges" in a certain order.  Especially since a couple of them were miss able.  Either way, just a dreadful experience in my opinion.  I didn't really care about Batman but the first two Arkham games were great.  Now, I'm not excited about playing any more of these.

The Wii U issue, the PS3 Arkham City:GOTY save issue, the "no fixing glitches because we are concentrating on DLC to make us more money" issue. It is pretty clear WB could care less about their client base and most of the people on this thread believe this. You even agree the Wii U incident is a "pretty huge middle finger, to be frank". And despite all that you still contend we're all overreacting.

I think you are going against the flow of this thread either because you're entertaining yourself or you're a WB fanboi/employee.

Major bugs/glitches will be addressed, again, it's the smaller things that won't be given priority. Also the WiiU wasn't even given online support or pre-order bonuses, this isn't a thing from the devs, it's a publisher problem. 

I think people are overreacting over this game in particular and it's current state. It runs well now so there is no reason to be upset about it. And considering I get alot of flack for suggesting that Arkham City had a bad story and somewhat repetitive world i'm probably not a Warner Bros. fanboy. 

• 1 month later...

I got the game a week or so ago, played through most of the story and nearly done with the multiplayer. Can't say I have had one glitch so far, I've been hanging on loading for a while in mp but it's always got in game, literally not even one fault for me?

• 3 months later...

yeah i remember reading this a long time ago while browsing the web on my ps3, it said they had no farther plans to fix the bugs and glitches withing the game because they were working on a new story DLC, i was like WTF?? since i was planning to get the game after they fix everything in it but now i'm glad that i didn't and will ever be.

all thanks to origins, now i planning to leave the arkham series for good, i might to even skip arkham knights as well even though it was made by rock steady, maybe i will wait to get it used or maybe by the time i get a ps4 which only god know when the game will get some discounts or something.

currently we are only seen the bat mobile gameplay, i hope they'll fix or found something better than that freeflow battle system cause it's getting old and clunkier.

• 3 months later...