possible Platinum trophies cap on psn

Just now, diskdocx said:

What are you talking about? Hakoom has over 4000 plats and the current leader on this site has over 5000. It’s probably going to be about 3 yrs until someone here hits 8000, but you’ve clearly been asleep for a few years if you think 8k is anywhere near unattainable 

Sorry, I haven't kept up with the lore. Still, as I said, they probably have 90% EZPZ games and visual novels in 9 different stacks.

Not gonna lie, I’d have a good laugh if this were proven true.

Finally! A proper end game and with that a reason to retire trophy whoring for those at the top of the leaderboards fighting over who’s jumping the most food items.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 10:47 PM, kevao97 said:

(please, let's just treat this as a rumor and not fact, and then discuss this possibility)

I'm seeing a buzz on some other forums (I won't mention it) about a supposed limit of platinum trophies on psn, just like the level 100 cap was. Apparently, some modders would have reached that number and it's not possible to go over 8000 platinum trophies, that being the limit. What do you think about it? If this is true, psn will be broken very soon as there are people with more than 5k legit plats.

I doubt there's an 8k limit? Apparently this Owen trophy tracking site (think some Chinese site?) has a leaderboard, and it shows several people that are past this "limit". So, I doubt this is true. 

3 hours ago, TurningRedEye said:

Not gonna lie, I’d have a good laugh if this were proven true.

Finally! A proper end game and with that a reason to retire trophy whoring for those at the top of the leaderboards fighting over who’s jumping the most food items.

It would be interesting is it was like Vita, and the cap is at 8000 and instead of 100 and users were asked which trophy list they would like to delete in order to fit a new one in.

Considering the average super platinum hunter would have about 7500 trophy lists they don't actually care about. The 100% trophy lists would probably be first to go anyway, to make way for platinum games.

8000 plats, I'd be lucky to even reach 500 in my entire life so it wouldn't affect me. In fact even getting to 100 will be an achievement for me, unless I pass my PSN account down the family generations in the hope that everyone will be trophy hunters and not like my brother who doesn't care about plats