Lollipop Chainsaw Remastered Officially Announced.

Rias Gremory

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, shadaik said:

That tweet sounds pretty much like the opposite - reads  like the game will be censored but there is DLC that removes the censorship.

It's not uncommon for D and Z rated games in Japan to get a de-censorship DLC when the Global version is already uncensored e.g. certain Resident Evil games and the Evil Within so I'm not concerned just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Do they actually mean remaster when they say that (e.g Shadow of The Colossus on PS3), or are they referring to how the word is now misused to describe remakes by the (predominantly) ignorant and contrarian?

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Never played this on PS3. I know it's got a huge cult following, and a few friends recommended it to me. In terms of he game itself, is it worth getting? If so, is it worth anymore than $20-25USD?

It's a fun game and very under-rated IMO but I wouldn't pay more than £30 for a copy, because you're not going to get more than 25-30hrs of gameplay out of it before you have unlocked everything. The only sour note is the No Fear Of Heights trophy, because it's absolutely infuriating to get, due to how bad the level design/gameplay is in the required mini-game.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:48 AM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Never played this on PS3. I know it's got a huge cult following, and a few friends recommended it to me. In terms of he game itself, is it worth getting? If so, is it worth anymore than $20-25USD?

Yes if you like absurd over the top games in every aspect like Suda´s designs and gameplays, but yes, as stated before, mini game related trophies can be annoying in sudas games, no more heroe paradise also has a huge problem with the mini game QTE controls to get the best ranking

• Like 2

I would rather a remaster than remake as they would, likely, alter the hell out of it.
However, I wont purchase a censored remaster, either.
If they remove trophies, unlockable costumes, alter dialogue, change characters' ages or anything else, I will not be buying it.
If Sony forces them to censor it on Playstation, I get it but they can release it, uncensored, on another platform and I will buy it there.

The only alterations I would tolerate is the removal of licensed music that is to expensive and the costumes that were tie-ins to licensed properties.  Although, I would really like the Saeko costume to stay. haha

On 10/27/2023 at 9:28 AM, zizimonster said:

They're tweaking the battle system.

The combat system did have some jank. It worked fine but was no Bayonetta. NieR Replicant improved the battle system while keeping everything else the same. If they can do that for this game, that would be great.

Edited by Khaos_Kulture
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP artwork has surfaced.

amazing cover art t
twitter says translation for tweet is this. 

The character design for RePOP continues to be done by the character designer of the original version, Nekoshowgun. She worked with us to create the original character design for Juliet. The loading screen of RePOP has been redesigned with new visuals drawn by Nekoshowgun, so be on the lookout for that.  

• Like 1