Afrika part of PS+ Premium?

woggly4

I was super excited when I saw Afrika in the list of PS+ Premium games. However, I can't find it in the store. Neither by directly searching it nor by looking through the PS3 games category. Is this region locked and only not available in Europe? Can someone from another region please check if it is available in their PS+ Premium tier?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I was super excited when I saw Afrika in the list of PS+ Premium games. However, I can't find it in the store. Neither by directly searching it nor by looking through the PS3 games category. Is this region locked and only not available in Europe? Can someone from another region please check if it is available in their PS+ Premium tier?

The game was only released in NA/JP regions :(

• Confused 1

The trophy enabled PS3 version was only ever released in America but the trophyless version was released everywhere else as Hakuna Matata so try searching for that. It's also possible it's an error and the game isn't available anywhere as part of PS Plus Premium.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

Oh man, what a bummer! But thanks guys.

36 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The trophy enabled PS3 version was only ever released in America but the trophyless version was released everywhere else as Hakuna Matata so try searching for that.

Also not available with that name.

Edited by woggly4

21 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

This would get me to subscribe to PS premium if I could get another stack of Africa platinumed.

In my opinion, If it is a stack then it's not the same game. 

I think the whole point if why the new PS+ is exciting is that it gives games a "second wind" before their original native hardware bites to dust. 

Once/If SONY brings over PS3 games natively -or through streaming- to newer consoles then it needs to be the same trophy list as the one on PS3, otherwise it has all been for nothing.

Edited by Seamndel

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

In that case, there must be an error in the article and the game is actually a US exclusive :(.

Looks like it isn't available at all, just checked with an NA account. I can see the games without subscribing, Afrika is still missing. So hopefully it will be added later, who knows. But even then it might be US exclusive because as @ResiGamer_28 already said, there are indeed a whole lot more PS3 games in the NA catalogue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

IMG-7804.jpg

Well, I just casually spotted a pre-owned NA release copy of Afrika while out shopping the other night… Selling for $259 AUD?

Bloody Hell, none of y’all were kidding on the rarity of this niche PS3 game/version!

Edited by Dry
  • Like 4