Ubisoft will decomission Rayman Legends.

Kriger21

Hello everyone! As the title says, Ubisoft will basically stop supporting 15 games from their servers by september, including Rayman Legends because they want to support their most recent games only. This means we will not be able to play it even if we bought it, which is sparking review bombing on their games. If this goes on and they finally make it real, the trophies for this game will be impossible to get unless they do something like in Shadow of Mordor, where the developers made an update in the game so the server-dependant trophies could be obtained offline. I still need 1,200 points for the last trophy of level 11 awesomeness.

Edited by Kriger21

There's a bit of fear mongering and conclusion jumping all over the place as always, like with AC Liberation saying you can't play the game even if you bought it which is untrue.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

They still have it listed in that TheGamer's list though. It's a bad precedent.

Hm, I'm not sure what you mean. What is the precedent you're referring to? My main point is that there is no reason to believe Rayman Legends will be impacted across all platforms as the OP (intentionally or not) is implying. At the same time, the PS3 version absolutely is going to be affected, so it's not like it doesn't belong on the list at all.

19 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Hm, I'm not sure what you mean. What is the precedent you're referring to? My main point is that there is no reason to believe Rayman Legends will be impacted across all platforms as the OP (intentionally or not) is implying. At the same time, the PS3 version absolutely is going to be affected, so it's not like it doesn't belong on the list at all.

Certain Ubisoft games will become UNDOWNLOADABLE/UNPLAYABLE on PC following servers closure. That, and other games like Silent Hunter 5...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Certain Ubisoft games will become UNDOWNLOADABLE/UNPLAYABLE on PC following servers closure. That, and other games like Silent Hunter 5...

According to Ubisoft, that won't be the case:

"As stated in our support article, only DLCs and online features will be affected by the upcoming decommissioning. Current owners of those games will still be able to access, play or redownload them. Our teams are working with our partners to update this information across all storefronts and are also assessing all available options for players who will be impacted when these games’ online services are decommissioned on September 1st, 2022. It has always been our intention to do everything in our power to allow those legacy titles to remain available in the best possible conditions for players, and this is what we are working towards."

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

According to Ubisoft, that won't be the case:

"As stated in our support article, only DLCs and online features will be affected by the upcoming decommissioning. Current owners of those games will still be able to access, play or redownload them. Our teams are working with our partners to update this information across all storefronts and are also assessing all available options for players who will be impacted when these games’ online services are decommissioned on September 1st, 2022. It has always been our intention to do everything in our power to allow those legacy titles to remain available in the best possible conditions for players, and this is what we are working towards."

Well this is new to me. Backpedaling at its best...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Well this is new to me. Backpedaling at its best...

No it isn't. It's exactly as @Sunnyburrito stated. Fear mongering and conclusion jumping is what lead people to believe that Ubisoft's games were being delisted entirely from users' download lists and/or becoming unplayable. Don't discredit Ubisoft by claiming they're backpedaling, this was all started by a Steam product page.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

So this'll make the plat unobtainable? Lucky thing this was the year I decided to finish it off... sad news for folks looking to do it for sure though.

Hope you're done with the PS3 challenges as that is the version at risk here.

18 minutes ago, Kriger21 said:

I should have posted this on the PS3 version of the game (where the online features will stop working), sorry people my bad, I just have an IQ of 5.

No worries, your intentions were obviously good. But people here tend to a) overreact and b) read only the subject line and maybe 1 or 2 posts and go from there. It leads to a lot of confusion of which Ubi is already creating plenty.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SegaJAM said:

No it isn't. It's exactly as @Sunnyburrito stated. Fear mongering and conclusion jumping is what lead people to believe that Ubisoft's games were being delisted entirely from users' download lists and/or becoming unplayable. Don't discredit Ubisoft by claiming they're backpedaling, this was all started by a Steam product page.

Ubisoft started all this BS the moment they wrote that all downloadable content would become unplayable on PC, i.e. The Tyranny of King Washington for the non-Remastered version of AC3. That part is still on the list of games that will be shut down and was not corrected.

Edited by Lance_87

9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t see this gaming journalist say the PS3 version of Rayman Legends will have their servers shut Sept 1st. It just says Rayman Legends will be shut along with other old games. 

Yeah that´s the problem, inside the article you need to get into another link that shows the official post by Ubisoft, stating that Rayman Legends will not have online on PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360. But in this very same article (and many more out there), no one says which consoles will no longer have the service.

17 minutes ago, Kriger21 said:

Yeah that´s the problem, inside the article you need to get into another link that shows the official post by Ubisoft, stating that Rayman Legends will not have online on PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360. But in this very same article (and many more out there), no one says which consoles will no longer have the service.

Yep. It creates an atmosphere of “fearmongering” that doesn’t need to be there. 

Regardless, this is a good time to start the PS4 version of Rayman Legends. Those servers won’t last forever.

13 minutes ago, csand670 said:

As this is the PS4 forum for Rayman, what are the best estimates for when the PS4 version will be decommissioned based on precedent? I’m mainly interested in precedent over speculation, although any response is welcomed.

The current precedent is that when Ubisoft announce the closure of Rayman Legends on PS4, it will be too late to platinum Rayman Legends on PS4.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, csand670 said:

As this is the PS4 forum for Rayman, what are the best estimates for when the PS4 version will be decommissioned based on precedent? I’m mainly interested in precedent over speculation, although any response is welcomed.

Until Ubisoft announces the PS4 version is closing, there's no way to know for sure when it will happen but I would use this time of uncertainty to focus all your attention on this game so you won't be caught out when the announcement actually happens.