PSNP Interviews: Lava_Yuki - Submit Your Questions!

Hello and welcome back to Member Interviews! Our next interviewee is none other than @Lava_Yuki. Keep those questions coming in hot, or Lava might lose their patients!

Lava_Yuki.png

Questions can be submitted starting now until July 25th, 2022. Lava_Yuki has provided the community with a snippet about themselves to help with coming up with questions.

About Me

My name is Lava, I'm Asian by ethnicity, born in Ireland and now live in the UK. I speak Japanese fluently from having lived and studied there, so I play most of my games in Japanese. I'm a doctor in general practice (same as family med for anyone in the US etc.) and live by myself, mostly dividing my time between work, gaming and fitness. 

I started gaming when I was 10 with Crash Bandicoot and Pokemon silver, got into JRPGs with Kingdom Hearts and FFX on PS2, and trophy hunting when FFXIII came out. Tales of Vesperia was my first platinum trophy on this account, however, FF13 was my actual first platinum which I had gotten back in 2010 on an old (now unused) account before getting it again on this one.

I was always a completionist and a perfectionist from a young age, which has led me to trophy hunting over the years. 

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those questions, along with the standard questions, will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the questions, I will post the whole interview in a new thread.

How to be an Interviewee

If anyone wants to be interviewed all they have to do is say they would like to be added on the interview signup thread. After that the member will be added to the list of potential interviewees.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you to get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4 and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/ost?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback on business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout-out to and if so, why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. Did you learn Japanese from a young age, or after you became an adult? If it's the latter, any advice for someone trying to learn another language as an adult? I'm trying to get better at Spanish, and depending on how our retirement shakes out it might be a good idea for me to learn Portuguese. Unfortunately I can't immerse myself in a culture that speaks those languages, so that option's off the table for now...
  2. You probably have first-hand experience with patients who prefer Google search results over the opinion of their own doctors and won't listen to them in this new trend of self-diagnosis. How harmful do you think the internet has become to the medical profession?
  3. I see that you're a Persona fan; what would you say your favorite game from the series is soundtrack-wise? & is there a specific track that you enjoy the most?
  4. Seeing as how you've lived in 3 different countries (if I'm not misreading what you've said), which was your favorite to live in?
  5. Do you think you'll ever go back to Japan again, be it either for a visit or to live there?
  6. I see you're getting close to your 75th platinum. Any plans to get a specific platinum for that milestone?
  7. What is your favorite Tales game?
  8. Working as a doctor, how do you find time to game?

9. How has your COVID experience been?

10. Ever played Surgeon Simulator?

11. Do you get your Japanese games digitally, or do you go crazy when you visit? Bookoff or Amazon.co,jp?

12. What brought you to this gaming site and what do you enjoy most about it and gaming in general?

13. You say you live by yourself, have you ever felt lonely? Do you have a pet?

14. Why haven't you played any Ps4 Crash game?

15. Favourite Crash game?

16. What's your preferred way of keeping fit?

17. What’s your favourite cuisine to eat, or what's your favourite meal to make?

18. Do you believe in ghosts?

19. I see you're a Life is Strange fan. Bae or Bay?

20. What's the hardest (and/or) most rewarding thing about being a doctor?

21. Which country would you most like to visit?

Edited by Charizarzar

Did you learn Japanese from a young age, or after you became an adult? If it's the latter, any advice for someone trying to learn another language as an adult? I'm trying to get better at Spanish, and depending on how our retirement shakes out it might be a good idea for me to learn Portuguese. Unfortunately I can't immerse myself in a culture that speaks those languages, so that option's off the table for now...

• Like 1

You probably have first-hand experience with patients who prefer Google search results over the opinion of their own doctors and won't listen to them in this new trend of self-diagnosis. How harmful do you think the internet has become to the medical profession?

• Like 2

I see that you're a Persona fan, what would you say your favorite game from the series is soundtrack wise? & is there a specific track that you enjoy the most?

Seeing as how you've lived in 3 different countries (if I'm not misreading what you've said), which was your favorite to live in?

Do you think you'll ever go back to Japan again, be it either for a visit or to live there?

I see you're getting close to your 75th platinum. Any plans to get a specific platinum for that milestone?

• Like 1

-Working as a doctor, how you find time to game?

-How has been your COVID experience?

-Ever played Surgeon Simulator?

-Do you get your Japanese games digitally, or do you go crazy when you visit? Bookoff or Amazon.co,jp?

Looking forward to the the interview!

• Like 1