(EVENT) DIDN'T HALF-ASS IT! A DLC EVENT - 2022 (Completed)

3 hours ago, Inuty said:

One week remaining before the start of the event. Already 18 participants! I'm looking forward for your stories of the dlcs :)

Oh, you'll hear about my Ghost of Tsushima DLC stories alright. I'll probably complain about it all day in our party chat.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

Found it funny that one of the September targets (basically monthly trophy goals) over at TrueTrophies is... completing DLC packs!

Good time to make some progress on this event as I currently have a perfect record on the targets over on that site.

To be honest, we didnt know about it but great that other sides have some love for dlc trophies too haha

And you are able to use it for both Events ;)

This event was a blast last year and motivated me to take a look at my backlog and to complete a lot of dlcs and also to play with friendly fellows. (looking at you @Inuty and @papert0wng1rl)

I will join again but sadly Ive got another event going, which Im one of the hosts...so it will not be enough time this year to compete at the top.

I wish us all a lot of fun and many many completed dlcs ;)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, da_eMTy said:

I will join again but sadly Ive got another event going, which Im one of the hosts...so it will not be enough time this year to compete at the top.

Glad to have you back! Until end of the year is a lot of time, so dont worry ?

• Like 1

Still working on the Google Sheets tracker but will make sure everyone who posted above gets added to it. I know @Inuty already has some dlc completed and Im sure a few others may as well so will try to get it up as soon as I can. As of right now we are thinking of just scrapping the Team part of the event as there doesn't seem to be as much interest as hoped. It does create less work for us I suppose so its not all bad. haha

• Like 3

Finished my first few DLC packs.

Minecraft PS3

- Expansion Pack 5

- Expansion Pack 8

- Expansion Pack 10

Packs 5 and 8 are the battle and tumble minigames. They were significantly easier then when I did them on the Vita a few years back. That is because you can play splitscreen in public matches making it very easy to self boost with multiple controllers. Plus the PS3 takes basically any controller, so you likely have enough sitting around. (I used a gamecube controller using a USB adapter for example).

Pack 10 is the final update for this version, the aquatic update. Nothing particularly difficult here, the tutorial world has everything you need. Just annoying that the trophy Castaway takes 60 full minutes of waiting to get. I mean you can work on other things while you do it, but its easiest to just wait so you don't accidentally mess it up.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Finished my first few DLC packs.

Minecraft PS3

- Expansion Pack 5

- Expansion Pack 8

- Expansion Pack 10

Never was really interested in Minecraft but it has a lot of dlc stacks ? 

5 hours ago, HusKy said:

I have a few DLCs to cleanup. Can I sign up?

Currently these are unfinished for me:

sO7zhVT.png

Sure! Glad to have you aboard Husky!

• Like 3

First update after the weekend, starting strong with clearing 6 dlcs in valhalla so far. But to be honest i already started with some of them after we announced Our event because i finished the platinum some days after that and didnt want to start anything new. In addition if you already have the platinum and you are high leveled and overpowered, the dlcs dont throw anything at you which cant be cleared fast:

Mastery Challenges 1 and 2:
In total the challenges were a nice change from the Main Story and they added some "Story" for thise challenges which i can appreciate. The melee and range challenges were really fair and didnt took me so long to finish. The Real hassle began with the stealth challenges because it was for 3-4 challenges a buggy mess. Guards just not caring about a dead body and therefore not leaving there post so that you can kill them undetected. Guards who Do 5 tries the same thing but the 6th time moving completely weird and out of order. The head was always in your direction so you were not able to move out of hiding if they didnt Show their back to you. I was really glad after finishing them!

Wrath of the druids:
A nice Story dlc which brings you to ireland with some acrivities and storys. In total the story was worth playing but were a bit Weaker then siege of Paris. If you liked the story of the Main game the dlc just give you more content in the same way

The siege of Paris:
So far the best dlc in valhalla for me. I liked the Environment of the map and the options in the story. I had a better feeling of that like the old AC games were you have multiple choices to end a assassination and Do it in different ways. The last quests conquering Paris were nicely done but i had a lot of laggy scenes because so many things were going on on the screen (PS5)

The Forgotten Saga:
First time Ubisoft tried out a rogue like aspect in one of their games as far as i know. It was really good designed and challenging in the beginning. You Start with a random Set of Equipment and can choose between different path for specific rewards. At first it is a bit hard because you are not overpowered any longer, but after a few runs you are able to filla New skill tree specificly for this Mode which makes it easier for every New run. For a free dlc they really develope something great here!

Tombs of the Fallen:
In my opinion the weakest dlc so far. I mean it was free but other then adding a new armor Set it hasnt much to offer. They tried to bring back the riddle missions like in AC2 or brotherhood were you need to solve a specific riddle for the legendary armorset. The story behind it has more riddles to over and is not really clear. Some spekulate that there will be one more dlc to give it a better ending. Since this was already done with the mastery challenges i can imagine that it could happen.

I paid 60€ for the complete Edition and all dlcs. All in all i would recommend it for that price because you get some nice content out of it. In my opinion the dlcs have enough varity to make them some of the better once and not like a small gimmick after the Main game. I will report back after finishing the last open one!

• Like 3

Finished my 1st DLC pack with Burnout Paradise: Remastered's Party Pack, which took a little less than a hour to finish. No online or additional controllers needed. Of course, it was one of the DLCs that I didn't say I was going to finish beforehand, but that's how this works apparently.

1. Burnout Paradise: Remastered - Party Pack

• Like 4

So, got two DLC's done for LEGO DC Super-Villains:

- Aquaman Movie Part 1

- Aquaman Movie Part 2

The four remaining also should be completed in the following days. These are rather short dlc's, but a nice addition to the game, giving you the opportunity to play a short version of the Aquaman Movie.

• Like 3

Finished up the remaining 7 DLC's in Minecraft PS3. If you have never played Minecraft before the DLC (and the base list) basically require you to interact with all the mechanics in the game. This can be very daunting to new players, and could take quite a long time unless you use a trophy world someone else has set up. For me though, it was not problem to do it all as I am very familiar with the game. I did use the tutorial world, as it does contain a lot of stuff that saves you time and having done this before on Vita I did want to save some time.

Unfortunately I saved too much time. The trophy Passing the Time requires you to play for 100 in game days. A full day cycle is 20 mins. That's 33 hours in game to get this trophy. I had everything else done in about 12 hours. So I just had to leave my poor old phat ps3 to idle for hours on end.

Total DLC cleared: 10

All Cleared DLC:

Spoiler

Minecraft PS3

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 5 (Battle Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 8 (Tumble Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

On 9/4/2022 at 7:38 AM, Inuty said:

Never was really interested in Minecraft but it has a lot of dlc stacks 1f609.png

I have been playing Minecraft on PC since pre-alpha days back in 2009. Lot's of DLC, but all free updates and fairly easy for me.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, postofficebuddy said:

Is it still possible to sign up for this? I just completed the Mirror’s Edge DLC pack yesterday. Would that count? 

Sure, you can still join. All DLCs count which were done in the event time. If you finished it in September it will count for the event.

My weekend total stands at 7 DLC packs thanks to Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I think my favourite tomb involved the Caiman god and his crab snacks. The least favourite one had to be the water raft and spinning blades tomb, though I did end up appreciating it more once I mastered it. Overall, all packs followed the same pattern: do the side mission with its corresponding tomb, equip rewards from the mission, then run the tomb twice more for a Score and a Time attacks. That is all for now, as I will probably do weekly updates from now on.

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider (7): The Forge, The Pillar, The Nightmare, The Price of Survival, The Serpent’s Heart, The Grand Caiman, The Path Home.
  • Like 4

Im on the board as well with 2 DLC packs done in LEGO Worlds. Both were pretty easy to complete though I had to do some running around to unlock the Vampire for a few of the Monsters pack trophies. Now I just need to complete the grind(s) for the platinum and put it away. Next will be to start on Rise of the Tomb Raider DLCs as I finished the main game this weekend (well except for all the Score/Time attack BS).

• LEGO Worlds (2): Classic Space, Monsters
  • Like 3

L9b2824.png

Cleared Bugsnax: The Isle of BIGsnax. This was a free update to Bugsnax, and offers a significant amount of new content. You have the new island area to explore with 11 mega sized bugsnax to catch and bunch of new quests and puzzles to complete. As well they added a hut for the player that can be customized with over 200 pieces of furniture by completing over 100 new mail challenges. Finally they also added 10 hats you can find and collect and use on bugsnax in the barn.

Spoiler

There is also a secret new area on the main island with puzzles, a bunch of lore voice logs and a secret bugsnax.

They did a really good job of incorporating all 3 new elements into the game. They feel like they were always meant to be there. I didn't even realize that the customizable hut was part of the update until halfway through the game!

Total DLC cleared: 11

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 5 (Battle Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 8 (Tumble Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

• Like 2

@MrHealthy That is one I need to do yet too. I'm hoping it isn't as boring as the main game. :|

Congrats though as you have been killing it so far!

The google sheet tracker is up now and everyone can follow along with their progress! It is also posted to the OP for everyone to find it easily.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IVPc9_bPGAMtTR4yvQwwLAkWd64fob2yY-dBUcRX9w4/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 2