(EVENT) DIDN'T HALF-ASS IT! A DLC EVENT - 2022 (Completed)

Lacda15.png

Resident Evil 6 [PS3] - Predator

The 3rd of 4 multiplayer modes added as DLC. Nobody is playing any of these modes anymore so I really can not comment on how good or bad they are as I am just boosting the trophies. This is by far the easiest of the 4 too boost. Made even easier since I have 2 PS3's so I don't have to spend twice the time to help a partner get the trophies as well.

L44f26e.png

Resident Evil 6 [PS3] - Siege

The 4th of the 4 DLCs. Also probably the biggest grind of them. Was falling asleep a lot during this one! But it's good to get more PS3 online trophies done. My online trophy list is still far too long! I should have Survivors done in the next day or two. That just leaves Onslaught, which I have barely started and seems to be fairly grindy as well.

Total DLC cleared: 17

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 5 (Battle Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 8 (Tumble Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [2]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Vita [1]

-- Pirate Queen's Quest

Layers of Fear [1]

-- Inheritance

Resident Evil 6 PS3 [2]

-- Predator

-- Siege

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 4

Total stacks: 38

Well my weekly update! Only finished some of my DLCs and to be honest Kingdom of Amalur broke my spirit for the Moment. Will play games on my list without DLCs and try to Do some in between whenever I feel like it :P

Bugsnax:

The Island of Bigsnax:
I played it with my wife since we played the main game together. We liked the extra Story of it but the Mail quests and the hat collection is just grindy without much of a benefit in the game. At least the dlc was a free upgrade so you cant say anything against that.

Nobody Saves the World:

Frozen Hearth:
It was a bit suprising for me to see a drop of a DLC for the game but i like the game and the endless possibilities to play it with different builds to solve the challenges. The new DLC dropped two new Forms to change into and 13 new challenges to achieve a Gold Medal on. It dropped for 5 Euro in the Job from Release so that is a price tag i gladly spend on DLCs for games i like!

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning:

Fatesworn:
To be honest that was the dullest and most dissapointing DLC so far what i played. The story bit was just really boring and there was no possibility the antanogist of this DLC had any chance to make a big impact ok me. I just really didnt care. The rest of the trophies were in addition not the most fun i had. The worst trophy were closing the 25 Chaos Portals since they were just always the same. A small dungeon which you need to enter and destroy the "tree" at the end of the dungeon. I wouldnt recommend it since it is clearly overstaying its welcome.

• Like 4

Total DLC Stacks: 3

I am finally on the board in this event. After playing a bit of the base game free from PS+. I have been working through the Ghost of Tsushima DLC stuff, but I have been slow with it. However this week I ended up finding some DLC that was very quick and easy to complete. 

Hot Wheels Unleashed

I decided to pick up the GOTY upgrade for Hot Wheels Unleashed so I could 100% it. I'll also have some new tracks like the Bat Cave to do while working on getting all the base game trophies; so it will hopefully that feel like less of a grind. The GOTY upgrade was kind of pricey at $45 bucks, this week was literally the first time their expansion packs ever went on sale before, so who knows if I would have been able to get them any cheaper later on. The trophies for the three DLCs took maybe three hours combined. You just need to upgrade one car from the expansion pack, complete one race on an expansion track in quick mode, and get the "Unleashed" trophy on one of the expansion events. Which basically means, win the race. The DLC tracks were a lot trickier than the tracks I had seen in the base game so it took a few attempts each to get the win. It could have been even faster, but I didn't have enough gears to upgrade three DLC cars since I was really early in the game and if you played more of the base game first, the tracks probably wouldn't feel that difficult. 

• Like 4

Lc4226a.png

Resident Evil 6 - Survivors

The deathmatch game mode of this game. Offering both regular and team games. The RE twist being that you come back as a zombie if you die and can only respawn as a human if you manage to kill a human while in zombie form. It's the second easiest DLC to boost. It does require 3 players for a couple of trophies, but these are the only 2 trophies across all the DLC that needs more than 2 people.

Lc07862.png

Resident Evil 6 - Onslaught

This is the classic Mercenaries mode except you have an opponent playing in a separate instance of the map. Getting kill chains sends extra enemies to your opponent and vice-versa. If you die you lose, if neither die it goes to points. The second longest grind due to needing to send 2000 enemies to your opponent. Not too terrible though once you get the hang of it. I was getting 40-50 a match pretty regularly. Would probably go faster if you have a boosting partner as I was controlling both players.

Total DLC cleared: 19

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [2]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

-- Pirate Queen's Quest

Layers of Fear [1]

-- Inheritance

Resident Evil 6 PS3 [4]

-- Predator

-- Siege

-- Survivors

-- Onslaught

• Like 3

Alright, racers, I bring you another update. Last week I spent most of my time wrapping up L.A. Noire, and it felt great to finish off a game I've been meaning to get to for years. With that, I added three more dlcs: The Naked City, Nicholson Electroplating, and New Collections. Nicholson Electroplating did have one annoying trophy that took me like 15 tries, but it's finally done. 

Then, I also resurrected the dormant Zombie Army 4: Dead War, and co-op'ed Abaddon AsylumReturn to Hell, and Death Collector, since season 3 pass finally went on sale this summer. It didn't take long to get back in the groove and enjoy the mayhem with that one. I am yet to do the Nightmare difficulty run, which should give me another dlc, and I am probably going to hold off on the remaining Ragnarök dlc. I just don't see myself buying one map at full price for the sake of completion, especially since Rebellion is nowhere close to quitting with new releases. 

Total packs complete: 23

• Like 4

L8b2bdc.png

Little Nightmares - The Depths, The Hideaway & The Residence

Three more in the bag. They were okay I guess? I like the graphics and atmosphere in Little Nightmares but I find the controls and physics to be subpar. The Residence was the best of the three. It had the best puzzles and the least frustrating stealth bits. The Hideaway was the worst as it had some frustrating moments where the AI enemy was inconsistent in the stealth sections and the little nome's would get stuck on geometry and stop following me. The Depths was just kind of forgettable as a water based level.

Total DLC cleared: 22

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [2]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

-- Pirate Queen's Quest

Layers of Fear [1]

-- Inheritance

Resident Evil 6 PS3 [4]

-- Predator

-- Siege

-- Survivors

-- Onslaught

Little Nightmares [3]

-- The Depths

-- The Hideaway

-- The Residence

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Beth Medusa said:

@gruffiiti not sure if this counts so wanted to check first. I completed Killing Floor 2 Post Launch Content 3. It is currently at 100% but they add a trophy to that pack every 4/5months. 

Yep. It would count but if they add another trophy to the same dlc pack before the end of the event it wouldn't be counted twice. Cheers! :)

• Like 1

Not much to share this week from my side. I enjoyed the second AI Somnium files and started the new trails of zero, which will take my maintime of gaming at the moment. I will try to Do some easier dlc stacks in between before i will face the more challenging stacks of my list in November :)

• Like 3

Most of my gaming last week was done on the weekend, so I only made progress with two new DLC packs. First, I finally sat down and finished the second episode of The Fate of Atlantis for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. These DLCs are going to take me a long while, as each one is good 8+ hours long. Nothing was missable this time, however, and meeting/fighting all the mythical heroes (like Achilles and Herakles) was pretty cool. Plus, a hilarious cameo from our favorite Testikles!

Then, I dusted off Rise of the Tomb Raider and did Endurance DLC. I wanted to test the waters and just do a run or two to see what's what, but soon found myself attempting all the challenges. While on paper I hate the concept behind this expansion - constantly worrying about food and warmth for Lara, - I actually had loads of fun. Surviving ten days turned out to be a very manageable challenge, but the most annoying trophy for me was the Skilled Raider. I had to raid five crypts without triggering a trap, but my biggest issue was finding crypts in the first place! I found five on my survival run no problem, but once I activated Skilled Raider challenge, I could not find more than 2 crypts by day 7 - three runs in a row! Finally, I got lucky and found all five within first five days, earning me the last trophy for the DLC. 

• Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (3): Additional Feats, The Fate of Atlantis Episodes 1 and 2
  • Cuphead (2): Delicious Last Course 1, Delicious Last Course 2
  • Far Cry 5 (1): New Game +
  • Ghost of Tsushima (3): New Game+, Iki Island: Story, Iki Island: Exploration
  • L.A.Noire (5): A Slip of the Tongue, The Naked City, Nicholson Electroplating, Reefer Madness, New Collections
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (1): Endurance
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (7): The Forge, The Pillar, The Nightmare, The Price of Survival, The Serpent’s Heart, The Grand Caiman, The Path Home.
  • Zombie Army 4: Dead War (3): Abaddon Asylum, Return to Hell, Death Collector

Total packs completed: 25

• Like 4

Does the table auto-update or are you guys checking frequently each profile? :o

2 of the DLCs which I recently finished are already in there.

Either way, here are the 3 new ones since my last post:

S8b08d1.png

Killing Floor 2 - Post-Launch Content 3

This was a freebie that happens every 3 months.

S6b7cff.png

Mafia II - Jimmy's Vendetta

Mafia II - Joe's Adventures

Truly some of the worst DLC content I have ever played in any game ever. Just absolutely atrocious when compared to the main game.

• Like 4