Trophy Thoughts?

Doomsounder

Upcoming Soulslike (though it's more Bloodborne than Souls) from Greedfall developer Spiders.

It looks like a great list personally! You've got the usual trophies for getting through the game and doing all there's to do: kill all bosses, all minibosses, do all sidequests. More specific/grindy stuff: get x kills with x weapon/attack, kill a boss without healing, get all outfits.

And then you've got Completionist, which requires you to beat the game without using the Oil Burette (Steelrising's Estus Flask equivalent), I'd say it basically means beating the game without healing, but there might be other stuff that allows you to get health back (getting health back on kills, for instance). And in true Souls fashion, you might be able to run past most enemies once you know exactly what to do and where to go, which would make the trophy more of a beat all bosses without healing type of thing.

Worth noting that Steelrising has an Assist Mode, but according to TrueTrophies using it locks you out of this trophy (which may or may not be the case for other trophies as well, though from what I've read it's probably just this one trophy).

It seems this will be a fun one to chase. What are your thoughts on the trophies?

• Like 2

Already got this game preordered. Looking forward to some fun soulslike action. :D

The trophies could potentially feature many missables. As many will know, FromSoftwares' games usually feature a handful of easily missable NPC questlines. Steelrising seems to have quite a few trophies linked to these NPC questlines, so if Spiders takes after FromSoftware in that area as well, many trophies could be missable/ need guides.

And then there's completionist. Ouch, that trophy sounds brutal. This trophy will either turn Steelrising into an ultra-rare plat, or there are some methods to work around the non-healing. Cloud-saves will likely be helpful here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

is there a way to heal without using the oil?

There are these HoT oils (can't remember the name) which are different from "Oil Burette". These oils heal like 10hp/s for a total of 20 seconds. They don't refill and are single use. In the first level they dropped quite frequently and you can buy them, but I think the stock is limited.

On 28.8.2022 at 9:42 AM, Demortuus said:

There are these HoT oils (can't remember the name) which are different from "Oil Burette". These oils heal like 10hp/s for a total of 20 seconds. They don't refill and are single use. In the first level they dropped quite frequently and you can buy them, but I think the stock is limited.

I think these are the so called "Ordinary Oil Vial"s because the item's description fits your comment.

On 28/08/2022 at 8:42 AM, Demortuus said:

You could flip assist mode on and off maybe...? xD

Yep, this has assist mode!!! Think this must be one of the first sort of AA or AAA (is this a AAA?) souls-like game ive seen with assist mode.

PAST EDIT:

But it seems Steelrising has difficulty achievements and that assist mode will VOID difficulty trophies!!

So guess at least there is some drawback to it, but depending what completion is required for platinum, could complete the game on the hardest difficulty and then put on assist mode and clean up everything else..

!

FUTURE EDIT:

Looking at the trophy leaks, there are no actual difficulty trophies, but since the text in-game states that Assist Mode will disable difficulty-related trophies, all I can think is it means the trophies for killing a boss without using the main healing item and 1 for finishing the game without using the main healing item. Nothing else looks directly difficulty-related outside of those. Technically everything is difficulty-related I guess when you have Assist Mode, but I've just looked the stuff it's likely referring to.

Still weird to have a Assist Mode in a souls-like as it seems to grant complete invincibility!!!

Edited by Optinooby

10 hours ago, Cortez2984 said:

@Optinooby Are you planning on doing a Platinum walkthrough for Steel Rising?

Btw, I finished your Blasphemous series recently and currently on part 10 of Horizon Forbidden West. Awesome work! Do you have a Patreon or something?

I'm not quite sure yet mate, as kinda busy with other guides, but may have a look at the game when it releases and then decide

• Like 3

14 hours ago, syn1905 said:

Assist mode voids all trophies. No one has the plat because one side quest is bugged. There is no need game+ so everything has to be done in one playthrough and there is a point of no return.

Hey, would you happen to know which side quest is bugged? I've done them all I think? And didn't seem like they were bugged, at least not in an obvious way, or is it bugged in a way that the quest won't trigger/start?

14 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Yeah i know but there's a good amount of folks that got the game early so i was expecting a few platinums by now considering it's apparently between 20-30 hours. 

Game's pretty easy overall, but yeah seems 'Fashion Victim' is bugged. I've got 10 complete outfits, there's a couple that don't have a hat (unless I'm missing it), and another one where I'm missing 2 pieces, which I believe are the ones I'm missing for the trophy. There's a locked chest in one area and I've talked to others that have completed the game but they haven't figured out how to open it either. Chest might not even contain the outfit pieces though.

This game is a bug fest by the way, be very careful!!

I purchased it Steam as it was mega cheap and potentially get on PS5 later, but I can't play in this state and figure out exactly how trophies work when loads of glitches persist.

The game is so glitched some believe that Assist Mode disables ALL trophies, despite the game saying only disable difficulty related trophies.......

But the Devs have actually stated that it is a glitch that Assist Mode disables all trophies and it will be fixed in the next patch. They said this on Steam!!!

They clearly didn't bug test the game properly if they didn't even test a single trophy on Assist Mode xD

I feel it could by a while as well until everything is patched properly, reminds me of Abe Soulstorm actually, but this is worse due being a sort of RPG with quests and such.

Crazy times 

Edited by Optinooby

43 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

This game is a bug fest by the way, be very careful!!

I purchased it Steam as it was mega cheap and potentially get on PS5 later, but I can't play in this state and figure out exactly how trophies work when loads of glitches persist.

The game is so glitched some believe that Assist Mode disables ALL trophies, despite the game saying only disable difficulty related trophies.......

But the Devs have actually stated that it is a glitch that Assist Mode disables all trophies and it will be fixed in the next patch. They said this on Steam!!!

They clearly didn't bug test the game properly if they didn't even test a single trophy on Assist Mode xD

I feel it could by a while as well until everything is patched properly, reminds me of Abe Soulstorm actually, but this is worse due being a sort of RPG with quests and such.

Crazy times 

Haha Bro Oddworld soulstorm was crazy. I know back in the days of the release, everyone of us testet a lot of theories for a few trophies :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Haha Bro Oddworld soulstorm was crazy. I know back in the days of the release, everyone of us testet a lot of theories for a few trophies :D

Yea I can't be bothered doing that with this one, we learnt our lesson with Soulstorm xD

Edited by Optinooby