Your Top 3 Anime

DaScorpio_

I've never watched anime.

What series is a must-see for a newcomer like me?

Start off with Death Note, It's not too crazy or out there and has an amazing plot. I think all newcomers to anime should start off with this one to be honest. Also, as a newcomer, I'd start with dubbed anime. It's a little easier to digest.

After that, try The Big 3 (Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach). They became popular for a reason. They're good. If you start liking anime, try looking some up on your own on wiki and pick one that sounds interesting to you. Usually, those end up being your favorite!

I am curious to those who have said Sword Art Online, what exactly did you see in that anime? I personally found every episode after 3 to be boring and uninteresting. In any case here are my top four:

Baccano! (Almost surprised to not see it here)

Fate/Zero

Code Geass

FMA: Brotherhood

In no particular order: PSYCHO-PASS, Elfen Lied, Mawaru Penguindrum.

I never understand what people see in Elfen Lied...

1. Sword Art Online

Yes SAO was a very good anime. Atleast if you stop watching at episode 14. I wish they never made episode 14-25

my top 3:

1. Genocyber

and in no particular order: Hellsing ultimate, Full metal alchemist: brotherhood, Ghost in the shell & spirited away.

Too many good animes to make a top 3 :P a top 20 would be more suitable.

Edited by xZoneHunter

To each their own right? :P To be honest, it was quite a compelling series back when I watched it and has left an impression ever since. 

I just thought the elements they used weren't implemented right, the bouncing between the love triangle & gore/action felt so forced. But ofcourse to each their own.

I just thought the elements they used weren't implemented right, the bouncing between the love triangle & gore/action felt so forced. But ofcourse to each their own.

Oh, there was that, but I actually was more focused on the whole humanity issue and the underlying elements rather than the romance and gore, even though they were both kind of in your face. I know what you mean though :P