Trophy Thoughts

6 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Ew 100 hours trophy, not sure even with 2 play throughs you can hit that in Zero unless you play very slowly.

Typical trails list otherwise.

For that some of the game might need to be left on for it, CS1 had the same trophy, but that game can be done with 2 playthroughs. 

4 minutes ago, Arido said:

Trophy list looks the exact same as the PSP / Evo / Kai lists. Plenty of missable collectibles, books, etc.
:bronze: Rise and Don't Grind still looks pretty annoying.

If you want a really good guide for 100%ing the game, BumpMaster's guide on GameFAQs is unrivaled.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/712681-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero/faqs/78210/introduction

Neoseeker is also making a guide but they still in the process for it. That trophy is one reason it might need 3 playthroughs because you can carry over everything just not levels from what I heard. 

Edited by Yuna4353
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Ew 100 hours trophy, not sure even with 2 play throughs you can hit that in Zero unless you play very slowly.

Typical trails list otherwise.

That's me by default, so I won't have any issue here. Plus, I'll likely try to interact with all the NPCs for new dialogue at every opportunity. I went well over 100 hours during my original CS1 playthrough, although I do tend to have a lot of idle time, skewing the numbers.

Just now, luketheduke12 said:

That's me by default, so I won't have any issue here. Plus, I'll likely try to interact with all the NPCs for new dialogue at every opportunity. I went well over 100 hours during my original CS1 playthrough, although I do tend to have a lot of idle time, skewing the numbers.

I think Cold Steel 1's pacing is significantly more fluffed out and padded than Zero, so it might be a bit tougher to get 100 hours without idling. A playthrough of Zero took me about 62 hours or so, while Cold Steel 1 took me around 101 for 1 playthrough.

54 minutes ago, Arido said:

Trophy list looks the exact same as the PSP / Evo / Kai lists. Plenty of missable collectibles, books, etc.
:bronze: Rise and Don't Grind still looks pretty annoying.

If you want a really good guide for 100%ing the game, BumpMaster's guide on GameFAQs is unrivaled.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/712681-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero/faqs/78210/introduction

It sucks the game wants you to play a certain way for a trophy.

• Like 1

The trophies remind me of the Trails in the Sky Evo games on the Psvita.

I never managed to finish these games on nightmare and I never bothered finishing them with a party below level 40. I don't like being forced to play in such a way.

Does anybody know if the crossbell duology is a bit easier on nightmare than Trails in the Sky?

8 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

The trophies remind me of the Trails in the Sky Evo games on the Psvita.

I never managed to finish these games on nightmare and I never bothered finishing them with a party below level 40. I don't like being forced to play in such a way.

Does anybody know if the crossbell duology is a bit easier on nightmare than Trails in the Sky?

Yes. In Sky the hard difficulties were made for NG+. They changed it with Zero, so it's "fine" to start on Nightmare even

What’s the best way to tackle this? Nightmare first or normal? Also why do you need two playthroughs? Can you not just play on nightmare and beat the game under level 40 and then load up last area after finishing it, level up to 50 to get that trophy too? I don’t understand why you have to finish it twice if the difficulty trophies stack?

38 minutes ago, Gizmo_Monkey said:

What’s the best way to tackle this? Nightmare first or normal? Also why do you need two playthroughs? Can you not just play on nightmare and beat the game under level 40 and then load up last area after finishing it, level up to 50 to get that trophy too? I don’t understand why you have to finish it twice if the difficulty trophies stack?

There's a special dungeon exclusive to NG+, and the treasures and enemies count for it

16 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

There's a special dungeon exclusive to NG+, and the treasures and enemies count for it

So I started this on Nightmare thinking I’d do a 100% Nightmare run then a <40 easy run. If NG+ has an exclusive dungeon, does chest data carry over between runs? And also, does this game get easier? Every boss in the prologue so far has been pure hell.

34 minutes ago, madbuk said:

So I started this on Nightmare thinking I’d do a 100% Nightmare run then a <40 easy run. If NG+ has an exclusive dungeon, does chest data carry over between runs? And also, does this game get easier? Every boss in the prologue so far has been pure hell.

It doesn't transfer for any of the games, I'm sure. Gotta get all of 'em in a single playthrough.

Don't be afraid of grinding or using the hotels until you get 200 CP, that makes bosses easier.

I'm doing it on nightmare on my first playthrough too.

Edited by DesmaBR

28 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I'm thinking about starting this on easy to collect everything and beating it by under level 40 is that possible?

I've always saved nightmare for my second run because I'm usually better equipped, but the limited leveling trophy has kind of been a curveball.

Enemies give less XP as you out lever them, similar to how Suikoden games work if you've ever played that.

If you are 2-3 levels higher than an enemy you start gettign 1 XP point.

12 hours ago, SajoAtine said:

Enemies give less XP as you out lever them, similar to how Suikoden games work if you've ever played that.

If you are 2-3 levels higher than an enemy you start gettign 1 XP point.

Yeah I know I have the 4 cold steel games done. XP always dropped off a cliff once you got too high in an area.

The thing I'm noticing that starting from Nightmare is that you just have to almost entirely rely on your S-Crafts

The first stage in order to save the two boys without being hit, pretty much requires Tio to use hers so you cut the amounts of enemies down to only two. So you have to enter every boss fight with a full bar.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

• 2 weeks later...

Have i understood it correctly that you only need 2 playthrough, normal and nightmare in this version? Since the gamefaqs guide says hard and nightmare dont stack.

Also can you start on easy and unlock both normal and hard on nightmare run?

Anyone used the gamefaqs guide for this game? Is it working for this version of the game aswell to get all missables/trophies. I also saw the neoseeker one. Is that complete now? The earlier post in the topic seems to have bern written from before it was finished. This guide also seems to be from the 2022 PS4 game.

https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero/walkthrough